Sunderland

Nobody

They are a side right now who are just picking up points and pulling themselves away from the mess down there. Really all those people on here who said there was no way they would stay up, really need to learn there are no certainties in football, if they stay up and win the cup final they are in they will have had the most successful season for any North East club in over 40 years !! It's fucking galling tbh, they might be riding their luck but I'm not confident at all about this weekend :(

They were fucking shite tonight, and they looked knackered by the end of it. If we don't at least get a point, they want lined up and shot with shit. The entire lot of them.

yep- they are fucking abysmal.

They are a side right now who are just picking up points and pulling themselves away from the mess down there. Really all those people on here who said there was no way they would stay up, really need to learn there are no certainties in football, if they stay up and win the cup final they are in they will have had the most successful season for any North East club in over 40 years !! It's fucking galling tbh, they might be riding their luck but I'm not confident at all about this weekend :(

Bullshit. Even the most deluded of mackems wouldn't agree with that.

They are a side right now who are just picking up points and pulling themselves away from the mess down there. Really all those people on here who said there was no way they would stay up, really need to learn there are no certainties in football, if they stay up and win the cup final they are in they will have had the most successful season for any North East club in over 40 years !! It's f***ing galling tbh, they might be riding their luck but I'm not confident at all about this weekend :(

It's fucking true man, despite all our close run things under KK and SBR, we won nowt.

They were fucking shite tonight, and they looked knackered by the end of it. If we don't at least get a point, they want lined up and shot with shit. The entire lot of them.

yep- they are fucking abysmal.

Fucking awful tonight. I have no fear whatsoever. They'll be lively the first 15 minutes or so then we'll batter them the rest of the match. They've done fuck all to deserve the results they've had. It'll end with us.

You look at how we dominated Norwich yesterday and didn't get the 3 points and how shit Sunderland were today, yet got the win, and you wonder: is God a mackem?

I'm not even from the area and I can't stand Sunderland. Seem to fluke their way through things all the time and then their fans have the nerve to claim we're a lucky team.

They are a side right now who are just picking up points and pulling themselves away from the mess down there. Really all those people on here who said there was no way they would stay up, really need to learn there are no certainties in football, if they stay up and win the cup final they are in they will have had the most successful season for any North East club in over 40 years !! It's f***ing galling tbh, they might be riding their luck but I'm not confident at all about this weekend :(

It's fucking true man, despite all our close run things under KK and SBR, we won nowt.

Even if we discount our champions league runs, our modest success with the inter-toto, and our near-misses in the Premier League, Boro have a league cup win and a UEFA cup final.

It's really fucking tenuous to claim that a Mickey Mouse Cup win and avoiding the drop is the best season of any club in the northeast for 40 years. You'd have to REALLY cherry pick your criteria.

Phew, that was close ! Probably one of our worst performances under Poyet and yet a rare 3 points at home. After controlling the first 25 mins, and getting a goal up we lost all of our shape (how the fuck does that happen in football ?) and Stoke didn't deserve to lose. We've played much better in games and came away with nothing, I suppose that's how football works eh ? That's also the worst I've seen Ki play, and I hate to say it but we missed Cattermole.

Anyway, we're out of the bottom 3, which is something I thought wasn't possible after Di Canio, and our recent form is very encouraging :-

http://i60.tinypic.com/or13xk.png

Now, to the derby on Saturday. I honestly can't call it, and as ever I'd happily take a draw, but I also think that Pardew bottles it and we have a slim chance. If we play like we did today, then the bragging rights will be yours, but if we play as we did against Manure and Chelsea then we could sneak a win. I'd be chuffed with a point.

The whole city needs a boost before Saturday, a new top quality signing would do that............................we wont get one

Season could go very sour very quickly. After the mess of last night where we should have won comfortably, the Remy 3 game ban, ofcourse the Cabaye sale, No signings in January, Lose again to the Mackems, then possible lose to Chelsea and Spurs.

:anguish:

Football used to be about winning stuff.

It still is. We won the 2006 Intertoto Cup and as a result qualified for the Uefa Cup. The prize is the same, and it was a European competition, not just domestic. So is that more or less successful than a League Cup win?

The Champions League is a better competition than the Europa League. Ergo finishing 4th is better than winning the league cup, right?

If all that matters is winning, and the fact it's a second tier competition is irrelevant, then we won the Championship.

You really have to WANT to believe it, and do some delicate mental gymnastics, to consider a league cup win as the best thing in the north east for 40 years.

The problem is, the teams around them are so bad that something against us this weekend and a win against Hull could put them in a position were they can't be caught. I'd love to see them go down (so we get a break from the derbies more than anything), but it's not going to happen.

Now, to the derby on Saturday. I honestly can't call it, and as ever I'd happily take a draw, but I also think that Pardew bottles it and we have a slim chance. If we play like we did today, then the bragging rights will be yours, but <b>if we play as we did against Manure</b> and Chelsea then we could sneak a win. I'd be chuffed with a point.

Do you mean one shot on target in 119th minute? Bring it on! :)

They're safe as houses.

Wouldn't say they are safe as houses, they have loads of away games against the top 6 still to play.

Newcastle (a) D

Hull (h) D

Man City (a) L

FA Cup 5th Round

Arsenal (a) L

League Cup Final

Liverpool (a) L

Palace (h) W

Norwich (a) D

West Ham (h) W

Spurs (a) L

Everton (h) L

Chelsea (a) L

Cardiff (h) W

Man Utd (a) L

Swansea (h) L

W3 D3 L8

Would put them on 39 pts, if they drop any of their wins to draws or draws to defeats they are in trouble still.