Sunderland

Nobody

The Championship was all the more satisfying for all the media talk pre-season. "The Championship is the toughest league to get out of. I fancy them to struggle. It will be a shock to the Newcastle players."

Chris Kamara tipping us for relegation and Peterborough to go up being the highlight of that.

Wait what :lol: Seriously? That's ridiculous :lol:

Can't get the whole article online but I remember it clearly being from this article in the printed version of the paper.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/2577277/Chris-Kamara-Peterborough-will-be-promoted-to-the-Premier-League.html

As others have said, I really don't think Sunderland have the players for relegation. Doesn't help they have practically signed a whole new squad in the last 12/18 months.

They do that every summer. Setting alight the transfer window and all that.

And even if they stay up they'll need a whole new team, AGAIN. There are perhaps 3 reasonably good players in their team and they don't even fucking own two of them, major investment is needed once more as they can't generate that kind of money by selling the dross they have atm. I'm curious as to when Ellis Short will reach the point where he says 'you know what, this clearly isn't working, no you can't have loads of money to waste on shit players again.'

As others have said, I really don't think Sunderland have the players for relegation. Doesn't help they have practically signed a whole new squad in the last 12/18 months.

And even if they stay up they'll need a whole new team, AGAIN. There are perhaps 3 reasonably good players in their team and they don't even fucking own two of them, major investment is needed once more as they can't generate that kind of money by selling the dross they have atm. I'm curious as to when Ellis Short will reach the point where he says 'you know what, this clearly isn't working, no you can't have loads of money to waste on shit players again.'

Seems worse this season. Last season they had Sessegnon, Mignolet and Rose (loan).

This season they have Borini (loan) who despite probably being their best player isn't exactly a goal machine. They are in real trouble. They don't have a single player I would have near our first 11 this time around.

Edit: Forgot Johnson tbf but I wouldn't put much faith in his long term form.

Seems worse this season. Last season they had Sessegnon, Mignolet and Rose (loan).

This season they have Borini (loan) who despite probably being their best player isn't exactly a goal machine. They are in real trouble. They don't have a single player I would have near our first 11 this time around.

That sounds like a challenge. Somebody get over to RTG and ask for the latest joint team line-up.

And even if they stay up they'll need a whole new team, AGAIN. There are perhaps 3 reasonably good players in their team and they don't even f***ing own two of them, major investment is needed once more as they can't generate that kind of money by selling the dross they have atm. I'm curious as to when Ellis Short will reach the point where he says 'you know what, this clearly isn't working, no you can't have loads of money to waste on s*** players again.'

Edit: Forgot Johnson tbf but I wouldn't put much faith in his long term form.

I was thinking Mannone, Ki and Borini are their only reasonably good players, but Borini is the only one I'd consider for our team and that's only as a backup to Remy because we're so short of options up front. They don't have anyone I'd put in our first-team.

When Ki and Borini are gone literally their only player worth a shite will be their goalie. In the prem it will be like every single game is one of those pre-relegation Given vs <insert team here> games we used to have every so often.

Sometimes, I think about the difference between the two teams, and then I consider that we actually handed these useless puddles of dick dribble 6 points this season. I can only assume it was out of pity as we knew they wouldn't stay up without them.

And even if they stay up they'll need a whole new team, AGAIN. There are perhaps 3 reasonably good players in their team and they don't even f***ing own two of them, major investment is needed once more as they can't generate that kind of money by selling the dross they have atm. I'm curious as to when Ellis Short will reach the point where he says 'you know what, this clearly isn't working, no you can't have loads of money to waste on s*** players again.'

That sounds like a challenge. Somebody get over to RTG and ask for the latest joint team line-up.

Cajun, I think you're underrating Ki, although of course he's on loan as well. Other than that, maybe Johnson and that's it - and that would be a matter for debate too. They really aren't very good.

As for your relegation season, well your squad was pretty strong really and should never have gone down in the first place. Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong, did. Then you trimmed a couple of guys but kept the bulk together, and were far, far too strong for what was a really weak Championship. Ashley took the hit in the pocket and reaped the rewards - for the first and last time :lol:.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I'd have  Bardsley or that Alonso lad at LB,  Ki starting in midfield(or as a backup for Anita). Mannone and Borini as backups. That's about it.

And, of course, Alonso is on loan too :lol:.

I really, really hate that sides in the Premier League can loan so many players - and that they can loan any from other Prem teams. Along with the fact that CL teams get a second chance in the Europa, I think they are the most glaring "easily-fixed" problems with the game.

I'd have  Bardsley or that Alonso lad at LB,  Ki starting in midfield(or as a backup for Anita). Mannone and Borini as backups. That's about it.

*Bardo

*Manno

*Borinio

*Kio

Wembo with Hendo.

Yeah we've certainly relied on a loan player quite a lot this season in Remy, but fucking hell they've got 5 loan players in their first team squad and at times at least 4 of them on the pitch at the same time, Sunderloan AFC.