Sunderland

Nobody

Sunday league players need international clearance now if they've even played for a team registered with the Scottish FA. For a premier league team to not have done this is a bit laughable really.

There was a story in The Metro the other day about a 14 year old Spanish girl who wasn't allowed to play for her team in Bradford for the same thing. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Sunday league players need international clearance now if they've even played for a team registered with the Scottish FA. For a premier league team to not have done this is a bit laughable really.

There was a story in The Metro the other day about a 14 year old Spanish girl who wasn't allowed to play for her team in Bradford for the same thing. :lol:

11 year old lad last year on the radio had the same as he played a kickabout for some holiday camp side in Europe :lol:

For some reason, when I read the subject title I instantly thought of everyone in Sunderland getting the old alien abduction type probe.

I even thought "fucking hell, that's a bit strong for fielding an ineligible player. The FA are really starting to crack (no pun intended) down hard now like".

6.9 PLAYING AN INELIGIBLE PLAYER

Any Club found to have played an ineligible Player in a match shall have any

points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a

fine. The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in

circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International

Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the Player‟s status only.

The Board may also order that such match be replayed on such terms as are

decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the Club in

default.

Amazing that even a Sunday league team would be docked points for such an offence, and in a well ran league with such status as the Northern League you'd be absolutely hammered for it - no excuses whatsoever - yet a Premier League team with a multi million pound management and administrative team get away scot-free. Before anyone says they've paid a fine - in Premier League terms that equals scot-free.

Anyway at least with Gus having such a moralistic stance on the subject perhaps justice will prevail and they'll be punished appropriately.

6.9 PLAYING AN INELIGIBLE PLAYER

Any Club found to have played an ineligible Player in a match shall have any

points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a

fine. The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in

circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International

Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the Player‟s status only.

The Board may also order that such match be replayed on such terms as are

decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the Club in

default.

Player registrations are just really a money spinner for the FA.

The Sunderland offence was trivial really, not realising they have to reregister a player if they come back from loan.

It didn't really deserve a deduction, and had it happened the FA might find itself in a position where the monies from player registration were at risk.

Didn't get an international transfer certificate when he returned from loan.  Nothing really and the only real reason we're talking about points deductions is that they're a bunch of hateful, inbred, incestuous freaks.

Interesting stuff from the secret footballer

At the other end of the table, people have kept talking about the games in hand that Sunderland have as their ace in the hole, but they have to win those matches and my view is that they won’t, especially after the 2-1 home defeat against West Ham United on Monday night.

Take a look at Sunderland’s remaining fixtures – Tottenham, Everton, Manchester City, Chelsea, Cardiff City, Manchester United, West Bromwich Albion and Swansea City.

Now, it may very well go down to those last two matches, both at home and both of which they’ll need to win. But by that point, they could well be on a horrible run of results and the pressure will simply be too much.

I tipped Sunderland for the drop very early on. Last season, I was receiving so many pictures from players who I know up and down the country of Sunderland players pissed up at the weekend or during the week – the “Tuesday Club”.

And I’m not a total saint because, on a few occasions, I was there with them

And I’m not a total saint because, on a few occasions, I was there with them.

I feared for them back then but Paolo Di Canio came in and pulled off a miracle. Yet Di Canio was just an instant fix and the players did not want to get used to his methods for a whole season and they duly let the club know.

When he was replaced with the easy-going Gus Poyet, I gave them little hope of surviving. Not because Gus is a bad manager but simply because the players are still running the club and that is always a huge danger.

And another one

Just outside the Champions League places, we have Tottenham Hotspur. During one of my earlier pieces, I mentioned that the players have had enough of Tim Sherwood, with his constant shouting at them while completely ignoring the fact that his tactics are flawed because playing a high line in modern-day football is suicide.

I’m not sure if you saw the players in the tunnel before the Liverpool game on Sunday but, if you didn’t, it’s worth a look. There is a group of players that know they are going to get beaten because their manager isn’t up to the job and, worse, they are going to take the flak during the fall-out.

That’s a horrible situation to be in. I’ve been there and there is precious little you can do other than to hope that the fans genuinely see what is going on – which isn’t something you ever want to hang your hat on – and that the owners know what they’re doing.

The players always lose heart. We did. It’s almost a collective decision to stop trying

Which, owing to the fact that Sherwood is in there in the first place, isn’t a given.

But whenever this happens, the players always lose heart. We did. It’s almost a collective decision to stop trying.

I know that sounds bad but that really is where “player power” lies these days. Not many groups of players actually go to the owners and tell them that they’re not happy with the manager; the performances say it for them.

The bit in books and the few bits before it.... Pretty much us

:lol:

He's the captain of all nobheads,

He's taking the mackems down

You better watch your rear-view mirrors

if you're parked in Chinatown.

He's the brainless black-cat capo,

but he doesn't mean any harm,

when he's arrested for disorder

and banned from all the pubs in Yarm.

http://www.imgur.com/d7Y01hq.jpeg

The man - who was actually a Liverpool fan from the Wirral, was heading to the races for a stag weekend and had worn the kit on the bus up to Newcastle.

"To be honest, everyone was sound," he said.