Sunderland

Nobody

Altidore is just average player, with no special qualities whatsoever, but that makes him one of Sunderland's best attacking players by default, so he'll do fine there.

:lol: Love it

:lol: There would be paragraphs to spare if Jozy was from Nigeria.

:lol:

I'm just saying, Jozy would've bagged a first-half hat trick against Tahiti.

You can't really play that card when you are playing teams like Belize ffs.

:lol: Score two goals vs a team that isn't San Marino before you start this s***.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22747509

ENGLAND WINS 2-2

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_F8t5ABx1UE4/S-gHmIEf9TI/AAAAAAAAAP0/LMSIYzUizcI/s200/bobby+moore.jpg

There are like, 4 people on this board who were even alive then man. :lol:

Yet 'you lot' still bang on about Independence Day.

:lol: We're having a similar discussion in the MLB thread. There's a statute of limitations regarding championships. Like Newcastle hyping those First Division titles back before airplanes were a thing.

I do remember...

http://www.goalkeepertalk.com/uploads/1292247052/med_gallery_1990_3_211659.jpg

That was like the Battle of New Orleans all over again. :lol:

f***ing Altidore man. :lol:

Imagine if Sunderland had signed Dempsey. :lol:

I don't understand it all. Owen p*ssed off to Real Madrid and nobody in the country cared how he fared over there.

This lot go on like they would love to see Dempsey top goalscorer followed by Altidore runner up whilst there respective clubs triumph under their brilliant qualities. Madness this soccer game.

It's hardly comparable, England have a lot more talent and depth than we've ever had. Altidore's basically our only hope up top going into the World Cup, we're not going to hope he goes shit suddenly.

I give credit to USA for at least trying to play soccer, they are just rubbish at compared to bouncing a ball and putting it into a high ringy net.

Remember the population figures, if they actually wanted to win the World Cup, they can easily do it because they have the most talented athletes on the planet  :shifty:

I'm still hoping for a U.S.-England-Nigeria-Ireland group in Brazil. Been some stiff words spit by Decky and Baba recently, and I always enjoy a good bout against England. "Not that any of you would care if they lost."

There isn't enough room in people's lives for them to worry about Newcastle being shit and England being shit. One of them has to go. I'll be delighted if England do well, but I fully expect them to be shit so I just won't care enough for it to bother me.

For a lot of the guys that live in the NE they actually don't relate to 'England' anyway as there is much more affinity to the region than the country.

The supporting of a national favourite if he went to your rival team is just unthinkable. You'd barely even want him to do well for the country.

I guess it's understandable, seeing as the national team only picks players from certain clubs, one of which isn't Newcastle.

But then again, when have Newcastle had a stalwart English player in recent years?

I guess it's understandable, seeing as the national team only picks players from certain clubs, one of which isn't Newcastle.

But then again, when have Newcastle had a stalwart English player in recent years?

fat kev man!