Sunderland

Nobody

If they go down they might stay down a while.  We had the good fortune of keeping together a premiership quality squad whilst still shifting enough deadwood to balance the books (we had Chris Hughton too :smitten:).  I don't see enough quality in their squad to guarantee they'll bounce straight back up even without selling anyone.

If he does well, he doesn't get the sack.  What is the point of an eight year contract?

Didn't the 8 year contract come about during our 5th place season when England was looking for a new manager?

Ashley gives Pardew an 8 year contract in case he gets poached by the FA who look to buy him out of his current deal. Meanwhile there is a clause in the contract that stipulates that NUFC only have to pay Pardew for one year if he is fired.  That's how I understood the deal when it was first announced

Watched their game today. Their performance was one of relegation fodder. They started well, had a go - to use that often-used patronising phrase - and profited from Vidic's gift. They however just invited Man Utd on and the latter's confidence grew and grew. It was inevitable they'd score and just as inevitable they'd go on and win.

Sunderland's main tactic was hoofing it towards Altidore and hoping he could do something. He held it up relatively well when given the chance but the service, generally, shocking. The support, minimal. The quality? Non-existent.

They're in massive trouble.

if they put in that first half performance against us they'll wipe the floor with us

I think Sunderland have looked a decent side every time I seen them play for more than five minutes (better than the last two seasons anyway), but they have also managed to throw everything away and lose every time I see them.

They look better organised than us, but their players are far worse individually.

Beat them in the derby and I think that will set that back a fair bit. They will go down IMO

If they don't pick up points and at least a win against Swansea and us they are down. 9 games and only a couple of points just isn't recoverable. Only 5 team have had 1pt from 7 games and only two of them stayed up.

We kept them up last year, it should be our job to finish the fuckers off making it a nightmare season for them and certain relegation.

Beat them in the derby and I think that will set that back a fair bit. They will go down IMO

If they don't pick up points and at least a win against Swansea and us they are down. 9 games and only a couple of points just isn't recoverable. Only 5 team have had 1pt from 7 games and only two of them stayed up.

We kept them up last year, it should be our job to finish the fuckers off making it a nightmare season for them and certain relegation.

honestly think they have had so many close escapes since they have been up- so many freak results against form, so many new manager boosts to keep them up- that this is the season the chickens come home to chicken town to roost.

We've got ten times as many points as them :lol:

I wonder if anyone still believes appointing PDC was the right move.

It was the right move for them, the error was giving him that 3 year contract lol

Pretty sure they could have appointed a number of managers who would have given them the same 'bounce' without bulldozing the club.

We've got ten times as many points as them :lol:

I wonder if anyone still believes appointing PDC was the right move.

It was the right move for them, the error was giving him that 3 year contract lol

Pretty sure they could have appointed a number of managers who would have given them the same 'bounce' without bulldozing the club.

Either way it makes great entertainment

All we had to do last season was beat them at home to near enough guarantee their relegation and steer us clear of danger but we couldn't manage that :(