Sunderland

Nobody

Championships only fun if you're winning otherwise it's a horrible, low quality league.

Yeah, the September/October time wasn't run when we were losing to Blackpool, Scunthorpe and Forest wasn't fun, nor sending a team of kids to Peterborough in the Carling Cup. Turning point was Doncaster at home when it was 1-1 with 5 minutes left, going down to 10-men, then winning it in injury-time. Never looked back after that.

Aye true that, actually. Can remember my arse clenching when Doncaster went 1 up in that game.

Didn't Doncaster miss a penalty before Nolan's winner, too?

Championships only fun if you're winning otherwise it's a horrible, low quality league.

It was the Palace away win, about three games in, I was like "oh, so we're going to absolutely walk this, then?" :lol:

I can remember being fearful of the task before the season started.

I remember the Boro v Sheff Utd game, the Friday night before we played WBA away. Think those 4 were the bookies favourites for the league. The Boro-Sheff Utd game was that low quality, any thoughts of us not competing for promotion at the least were wiped away.

Yeah, the September/October time wasn't run when we were losing to Blackpool, Scunthorpe and Forest wasn't fun, nor sending a team of kids to Peterborough in the Carling Cup. Turning point was Doncaster at home when it was 1-1 with 5 minutes left, going down to 10-men, then winning it in injury-time. Never looked back after that.

Aye true that, actually. Can remember my arse clenching when Doncaster went 1 up in that game.

Didn't Doncaster miss a penalty before Nolan's winner, too?

Yeah, that ex-mackem Woods blazed it well over

Loved the championship season tbh. Winning every game and actually being shocked if we weren't winning a game, mint. After the shit fest of villa park, I was gutted but it was a great season IMO. Carroll, Nolan that PVA lad we had for a bit.

:lol: Random. "Yeah yeah, Carroll & Nolan got 20 goals each but after that the kid we had on loan for 7 games is my outstanding memory"

From August to January if everyone was fit we had like a set 10 who would play then you didn't know if Hughton was going to drop the Geremi bomb or play Lovenkrands on the wing to make up the 11. The squad was basically selotaped together with stop gaps on loan like big Marlon who everybody hated for a while.

Overall they have a good chance of coming back up, the only issue I can really see is getting nothing in return of losing about 10 players or so. We managed to bring in good money for a few, even if they sold Fletcher, Johnson, Cattermole, Altidore, giaccherini, o'shea they'd still get less than what we got for bassong & martins.

Not sure how much money they'll have to play with. We didn't need a rebuild on the scale they do, however there are still plenty positives they can take from relegation, whether they do or just add to their problems remains to be seen.

Keeping hold of Poyet might be a task in itself.

The Championship was all the more satisfying for all the media talk pre-season. "The Championship is the toughest league to get out of. I fancy them to struggle. It will be a shock to the Newcastle players."

Aye, a shock it was so fucking easy. Didn't Smith play a load of games? At some point wasn't Guthrie/Nolan a dominant midfield partnership? Neither of them can fucking run ffs.

We where fortunate in the sense.. half the side where much better players than they had shown the previous year.

Geremi/Lovenkrands/Guthrie/Smith aside.. the nucleus of the side are still Premiership players and a couple earned "big" moves.

The Championship was all the more satisfying for all the media talk pre-season. "The Championship is the toughest league to get out of. I fancy them to struggle. It will be a shock to the Newcastle players."

Chris Kamara tipping us for relegation and Peterborough to go up being the highlight of that.

Geremi wasnt in the side. Our second half of the season side that dominated was.

Harper

Simpson        Williamson      Coloccini      Enrique

Routledge        Guthrie          Nolan            Jonas

Lovenkrands  Carroll

:D

Geremi wasnt in the side. Our second half of the season side that dominated was.

Harper

Simpson        Williamson      Coloccini      Enrique

Routledge        Guthrie          Nolan            Jonas

Lovenkrands  Carroll

:D

:fwap: Dat English.

Chris Kamara tipping us for relegation and Peterborough to go up being the highlight of that.

Wait what :lol: Seriously? That's ridiculous :lol: