Sunderland

Nobody

Though it's hard to fault them for it. Smart European clubs are tapping into the U.S. market while they can, whereas others take pointless trips to the far side of the world or secure domestic friendlies against powerhouses like Oldham and Huddersfield.

Well I suppose it's because that Newcastle were probably the biggest draw at that New Zealand tournament whereas if they go to the US you'd have , Roma,Milan,Real,Man U, City, Liverpool and so on to compete with.

Well I suppose it's because that Newcastle were probably the biggest draw at that New Zealand tournament whereas if they go to the US you'd have , Roma,Milan,Real,Man U, City, Liverpool and so on to compete with.

It's a big fucking country though. Plenty of room for Newcastle.

Though it's hard to fault them for it. Smart European clubs are tapping into the U.S. market while they can, whereas others take pointless trips to the far side of the world or secure domestic friendlies against powerhouses like Oldham and Huddersfield.

my point exactly, it might come to nothing but it costs both clubs fuck all so why not try?  with little countries like the US all you need is for a club to get one good, popular player and the country is behind you

it's a no brainer for a behemoth like sunderland and a backwater like the states

Villa,Palace, Swansea and West Brom were all over here too this summer and I didn't see them mentioned in the sports media, so I wonder what impact they had on the US market.

Hard to say. I can't believe NUFC having a monopoly on the NZ market would have a greater impact than even competing against the big dogs in the U.S. market.

I think it was Mark Douglas(?) who recently wrote about Brown Ale's success in the U.S., how they started by targeting a few select, regional U.S. markets and slowly expanded from there. I can now walk into most "Irish/English" pubs in any major U.S. metropolitan area and there's a good chance they'll have Brown Ale at least by the bottle, if not on tap.

I think a targeted NUFC campaign, maybe a partnership with an MLS team, in one city, would be the way to go for a club of this size, rather than the shotgun blast approach of ManU, a club whose success speaks for itself and whose reputation precedes it over here.

Of course, Americans love teams who win, and that's certainly not us (nor Sunderland, for that matter).

They love a good hooligan thread on RTG :anguish:

Apparently, Tottenham's mob kept a scrapbook the season of the "brush game". It had pictures and cuttings of them taking the piss at 20 grounds that season. Someone who saw it asked "Wait a minute, wasn't there 21 aways that season", "Yes came the reply, the other was Sunderland".

Loads of talk of battles, ambushes and 'driving West Ham back into the sea'  :lol: It's a bunch of fat, pissed middle aged men trying to punch eachother you tools.

Apparently, Tottenham's mob kept a scrapbook the season of the "brush game". It had pictures and cuttings of them taking the piss at 20 grounds that season. Someone who saw it asked "Wait a minute, wasn't there 21 aways that season", "Yes came the reply, the other was Sunderland".

Loads of talk of battles, ambushes and 'driving West Ham back into the sea'  :lol: It's a bunch of fat, pissed middle aged men trying to punch eachother you tools.

That reads like a shit ghost story.

"But that girl has been dead for 20 years!!"

Are they trying to say that they were too afraid to take the piss in Sunderland?

Apparently, Tottenham's mob kept a scrapbook the season of the "brush game". It had pictures and cuttings of them taking the p*ss at 20 grounds that season. Someone who saw it asked "Wait a minute, wasn't there 21 aways that season", "Yes came the reply, the other was Sunderland".

Loads of talk of battles, ambushes and 'driving West Ham back into the sea'  :lol: It's a bunch of fat, p*ssed middle aged men trying to punch eachother you tools.

There are a few aspects of RTG I dislike. This is by far the worst part of it.

Loads of talk of battles, ambushes and 'driving West Ham back into the sea'  :lol: It's a bunch of fat, p*ssed middle aged men trying to punch eachother you tools.

That reads like a s*** ghost story.

They love that shit on the shortbus, old lags drawing the young miscreants near for a tale of wrong-do-ery round the virtual campfire.

"Arrrrrr boy, we don't talk 'bout the battle of North Shields Ferry round these parts... those scurvy mags did summon a Kraken, a Kraken I tells thee. Brought forth from the filthy depths to drag our brave boys down. Also, some of them had pool cues..."

Apparently, Tottenham's mob kept a scrapbook the season of the "brush game". It had pictures and cuttings of them taking the p*ss at 20 grounds that season. Someone who saw it asked "Wait a minute, wasn't there 21 aways that season", "Yes came the reply, the other was Sunderland".

There are a few aspects of RTG I dislike. This is by far the worst part of it.

Mag

That reads like a s*** ghost story.

They love that s*** on the shortbus, old lags drawing the young miscreants near for a tale of wrong-do-ery round the virtual campfire.

"Arrrrrr boy, we don't talk 'bout the battle of North Shields Ferry round these parts... those scurvy mags did summon a Kraken, a Kraken I tells thee. Brought forth from the filthy depths to drag our brave boys down. Also, some of them had pool cues..."

:spit:

Are they trying to say that they were too afraid to take the p*ss in Sunderland?

Yep

Rodwell - ha ha ha ha!

'If I’d been playing regularly for the last two years, I believe I probably would have been up there as one of best players in the world,' he said.

'I certainly think I would have been playing at the World Cup. It’s just not worked out over the last two seasons and that’s why I am here at Sunderland now.'