Sunderland

Nobody

Regardless of whether Sunderland actually knew, the logical and sensible thing to do would have been to suspend him due the seriousness of the arrest/charge BUT they were struggling in the league, beating relegation was their priority and they put everything else secondary. If they were safe and in mid-table there is no way they would have played him

Guest Howaythetoon

What makes this all the more worrying is that at 15, this girl will be 'sexually' aware if you like, aware of her body, aware of sex etc. and because of this, along with her hormones etc. her mind emotionally will be all over the place and an easy target for a predator like AJ to manipulate, especially when you factor in his status as a footballer for a club this girl supports.

No blame whatsoever should be leveled at this girl, even if she consented to 'acts' and even if she say fancied him. She is a child and he an adult, one in a considerable position of power and responsibility. I have nieces and sisters, I know how fucked up girls can be when they become teenagers. AJ has abused more than this girl. He should be made an example of.

I'm a father and uncle and it makes me sick reading about this case. He is wrong in the head, simple as. She could look much older for all I know and therefore finding her attractive or pretty could be normal, but to know her age and want to engage in sexual acts with her and to use your power and influence to manipulate a mind that is all over the place due to hormones etc. is very very wrong.

This isn't a rich footballer shagging a lass he thought was older, or someone who genuinely cared for or lusted after a person as you would with someone you wanted to be with, this is someone who wanted to fuck a kid basically for his own pleasure. He is scum.

Guest Howaythetoon

Regardless of whether Sunderland actually knew, the logical and sensible thing to do would have been to suspend him due the seriousness of the arrest/charge BUT they were struggling in the league, beating relegation was their priority and they put everything else secondary. If they were safe and in mid-table there is no way they would have played him

Aye and its sickening. He should have been suspended period. SAFC and their fans to me look like right fucking wrong-uns over this, just like their hero AJ.

They had to have known man, had to!!! And if they didn't they did their utmost to avoid finding out.

After what came out last week about how he said at the time of his arrest he thought she was 16 they must have known that something had actually happened and as she was under age they would surely have put two and two together. But ignored it and played him anyway. I'm adamant they knew what had happened. There should be an FA investigation.

They almost certainly knew he was guilty, this is from a legal fella I know......"SAFC would have had copies of the advice from Counsel (Orlando Pownall QC is a big, big cheese in crime) and copies of the prosecution evidence once he was charged.

They will have known the content of the whatsapp messages straightaway."

They knew and played him to save themselves, which is utterly despicable in my opinion, and you're right, the FA should investigate it. The classy c***s.

Would they have all that though?  Strictly speaking they're nothing to do with this case, it's a matter between the crown and Johnson.

Basically if an employee is charged with a child sexual offence, then there is procedure to follow for the employers. As a football club would have children of all ages on it's premises, they have a duty to consider there being any further risk of him reoffending while on bail. That is why in most cases like this, the employee would be suspended pending the outcome, simply to be on the safe side.

Most SAFC fans seem to think that the club would simply ask him if he was guilty, he denies it, and they carry on, innocent until proven guilty and all that. However there's more to it than that. The club need to investigate further to see if they aren't putting children at risk, their legal people must have spoken to him, social services and the police. They would also have had to look into the CPS case itself and as my legal friend has said, they would have known the details of the case and the evidence against him. If they didn't do this, they were negligent themselves.

I think at the very least they have turned a blind eye to this.  If the CPS are pushing for prosecution you can bet they have good grounds for doing so.  Sunderland have stuck their fingers in their ears and shouted 'la la la la can't hear anything' over the entire duration until he admitted to it.

My view is that they did know and played him anyway, I cannot believe otherwise, it seems incomprehensible that they would not have had doubts at least.  They kept playing him for one reason, he is one of their best players.

Not sure if I am completely missing the point but it seems to me that it's more a case of the PFA being at fault than the SMB's...from what I can gather...

The PFA's duty is to represent the interests of players, like any union should their members. The club has a duty to safeguard children.

Whatever the PFA's position, it was the club's choice what to do, in similar circumstances almost any other employee would have been suspended. The club allowed Johnson to stay, for a year, in a position that we now know he exploited to have sexual contact with a child.

Whatever they knew about the evidence, whatever pressure they had from the PFA, he should have been suspended.

Hope it doesn't prompt any tasteless chants from our side tbh, will make me cringe a bit if at the Derby people are trying to rub it in their faces. I'm sure the girl probably just wants to forget the whole thing as soon as possible.

Hope it doesn't prompt any tasteless chants from our side tbh, will make me cringe a bit if at the Derby people are trying to rub it in their faces. I'm sure the girl probably just wants to forget the whole thing as soon as possible.

Best of luck with that. :lol:

Did she tell you she's going to be at the derby? Telly doesn't pick these things up usually.

Best of luck with that. :lol:

:lol: Took all of about 15 seconds for them to start singing it against Chelsea. It'll be out of their systems by the time we play sunderland, though.

Guest firetotheworks

Is it not enough that one of their players is a paedophile man?[emoji38]Why is there any need to insinuate that his club knew about it when it's based on nothing more than total guesswork?

From the evidence today, AJ has no leg to stand on :lol:

When it was suggested she had police that he had, Johnson told officers: “I feel like I can’t believe she would, I feel like someone is telling her to say these things.

“When she was with me, we were like friends and she came to all the games, she was a fan.

“I feel like someone’s told her to do this for beneficial purposes.

“She is saying that I made her touch me isn’t she?

“Obviously when we were kissing I knew it was wrong.”

Adam Johnson, hang your head in shame lad :lol: how would he know, at the point of this interview that the sexual contact accused was her touching him and also that she was accusing him that he was slightly creepy/forceful? He's absolutely walked into that one and if the jury miss it then I'll be amazed.

He'll be guilty on all four counts, absolutely - the prosecution will cross examine him next week and hang him out to try on all of this.

The best bet for him was the victim messing up, which she did not do at all.

Regarding Sunderland... they would 100% not be given any access to any of the evidence, legally the CPS and Police have no position to make the evidence known to his employers whether it is child sex offences or murder. The fact that Johnson admitted most of the offences in his police interview, then lied to Sunderland for 11 months is quite amusing though :lol: bet Sunderland feel awesome now like.

Fact is he should have been suspended from the day he was charged until the day his trial concludes, there is no argument that he should have been allowed to play. Morally it was very wrong by Sunderland, but the FA can take no action as it doesn't actually break any rules (such is that Ched Evans, Lee Hughes and the Plymouth keeper can continue to play football).

Meanwhile, in non-nonce news, Rihanna has cancelled the summer gig at the stade de merde, quoting 'logistical reasons', but I imagine she just remembered the last time her tour manager inadvertently booked chickentown...

People literally couldn’t stand. Slaloming between wobbly youths I nipped to the mens only to be greeted by a gaggle of women using the facilities in their own way. I hadn’t seen that many fannies since, well, the last time I was here to watch our hapless football team.

she warned the crowd not to “throw your s*** onstage or else I’ll f*ck off early"

Exiting the stadium there was just enough time to see a girl forego the bother of squatting over a trough and just pissing on the floor before almost getting in the middle of a couple having a very vocal confrontation

http://www.gigslutz.co.uk/rihanna-live-sunderland-stadium-of-light-20-6-13/

From the evidence today, AJ has no leg to stand on :lol:

When it was suggested she had police that he had, Johnson told officers: “I feel like I can’t believe she would, I feel like someone is telling her to say these things.

“When she was with me, we were like friends and she came to all the games, she was a fan.

“I feel like someone’s told her to do this for beneficial purposes.

“She is saying that I made her touch me isn’t she?

“Obviously when we were kissing I knew it was wrong.”

Adam Johnson, hang your head in shame lad :lol: how would he know, at the point of this interview that the sexual contact accused was her touching him and also that she was accusing him that he was slightly creepy/forceful? He's absolutely walked into that one and if the jury miss it then I'll be amazed.

Yip, that's as good as a signed confession right there.

Also admitting that he'd been caught by there lass texting other girls in the past, wonder how old they were?

11 of your last 20 posts are in the Sunderland thread. You have the obsession you flid :lol:

haha fair point, i dont look at that site much but weirdly since the AJ trial i had a nose and was amazed at how much they love a mag thread, weird fookers.

so yes, time to stop looking  :indi:

Guest Phillipealbert

What did we do with Joey Barton during said time. It's not the same but I can't really recall.

FFS, man! Nothing Barton ever did was comparable to bumming a bairn.

The SMB forum should just have one Newcastle thread, like this place does with Sunderland. It does look like an out of control obsession when there are 8 or more threads on the Mags. And yes, I do see the irony of my post me being on a NUFC forum and all that  :lol:

The SMB forum should just have one Newcastle thread, like this place does with Sunderland. It does look like an out of control obsession when there are 8 or more threads on the Mags. And yes, I do see the irony of my post me being on a NUFC forum and all that  :lol:

Yes but you're one of the more level headed ones. It's an eyesore that forum, every second thread is "Mag on the bus..." "Mag at work..." but it's not just that, every fleeting idea, observation, sensory perception has to be made into its own thread. It's the Sports Direct of Internet forums, only slightly tidier.

Yes but you're one of the more level headed ones. It's an eyesore that forum, every second thread is "Mag on the bus..." "Mag at work..." but it's not just that, every fleeting idea, observation, sensory perception has to be made into its own thread. It's the Sports Direct of Internet forums, only slightly tidier.

It's actually an excellent site if you move away from the Pure Football threads, with some really knowledgeable, intelligent posters. PF is like an asylum mind.

It's actually an excellent site if you move away from the Pure Football threads, with some really knowledgeable, intelligent posters. PF is like an asylum mind.

Every time I look into the SMB section there seems to be loads of this kind of stuff

IMMERGRANTS TAKING OUR BENEFITS AND JOBS

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/health-benefit-tourism.1202562/

MY NEIGHBOUR SINGS IN FORRIN!

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/potential-minefield-of-a-thread-here-but.1202452/

(bonus bantz about checking if he has a bomb vest or if he has a magic carpet)

DID YOU HEAR "THEY" DON'T WANT YOU TO FLY THE BRITISH FLAG?!  It's racist now.  If you say you're proud to be English, you get thrown in jail. 

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/flying-the-british-flag.1202250/

That's just on today's front page.  We don't seem to get daily doses of that stuff on here.