Motherwell 2 - 4 Newcastle United (FT) Post game euphoria from pg 19

bowlingcrofty

isn't that dummet that sets up the final goal? Marv seems to run across and thank for the pass and it isn't vuckic who he's thanking?

I think it's Dummet...Vuckic was taken off at HT I guess

Vuckic is the only one of our youngsters that i have had real belief in for the last couple of years. If (big if, like) he can stay fit im sure he could play in a game with high tempo. Confidence and fitness has been the issues with him. Firstly stay fit. Bigi as well of course.

Has an eye for goals and assists.

Never really understand the hype of Vuckic. Don´t think he ever make it in the league.

Its do with the fact we have been stuck with Ameobi for over a decade and fair few other shit forwards whilst he has been here. The few times I have seen him play he has been better than Ameobi.

Would feel very 'Newcastle' if one of the few academy players to make the grade was one competing with 2 players already ahead of him in his position and around the same age (Haidara and Santon).

Thankfully Santon is versatile so if Dummet does step up this year we will have some decent options. Wouldn't mind Santon getting the odd game on the wing if we don't sign another wide player. He would be better than most of the alternatives.

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

Did Campbell get on at all?

I don't want us to wait forever to start giving him proper run outs in the team, I think he's good enough to be playing more than the last 5 minutes of a few games.

Did Campbell get on at all?

I don't want us to wait forever to start giving him proper run outs in the team, I think he's good enough to be playing more than the last 5 minutes of a few games.

Team: Elliot, Tavernier, Dummett, Yanga-Mbiwa (Streete 83), Williamson (S.Taylor 46), Anita (Richardson 83), Obertan (Ferguson 74), Sa.Ameobi (Amalfitano 83), Sissoko (Abeid 68), Vuckic (Marveaux 46), Gouffran (Campbell 58). Sub n/u: Alnwick.

so according to the media Haris Vuckic is a black Dutchman :lol:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2012/8/16/1345137781598/Vurnon-Anita-after-signin-008.jpg

Would feel very 'Newcastle' if one of the few academy players to make the grade was one competing with 2 players already ahead of him in his position and around the same age (Haidara and Santon).

Thankfully Santon is versatile so if Dummet does step up this year we will have some decent options. Wouldn't mind Santon getting the odd game on the wing if we don't sign another wide player. He would be better than most of the alternatives.

would love to see Santon on the wing. Basically negates his weaknesses, and he will naturally track back and cover his full back. Looked v.good there against Wigan absolutely rinsed their full back

Yep, naturally track back...if there is one thing i associate with Santon, its his tracking back. The speed at which he rushes to track back...

I dont mean it in a dickish way tbh, but the one criticism i have is that when he runs forward, he just walks back, even when the opposition is attacking

would love to see Santon on the wing. Basically negates his weaknesses, and he will naturally track back and cover his full back. Looked v.good there against Wigan absolutely rinsed their full back

Yep, naturally track back...if there is one thing i associate with Santon, its his tracking back. The speed at which he rushes to track back...

I dont mean it in a dickish way tbh, but the one criticism i have is that when he runs forward, he just walks back, even when the opposition is attacking

Perhaps, but as he's been played primarily as a FB I'm sure it wont be hard to get him to track back when he's playing as a winger. With more freedom to roam he's at least going to offer more protection than a Marveux though. I take your point but I think he'd be fine.

You are right in that he looked great against Wigan there, on the right too as a conventional winger! I guess we will see, but i feel sometime others are a bit too quick to jump on the "convert attacking full back to winger" bandwagon because of Bale. Roberto Carlos and Cafu stayed as full backs and were great :)

Perhaps, but as he's been played primarily as a FB I'm sure it wont be hard to get him to track back when he's playing as a winger. With more freedom to roam he's at least going to offer more protection than a Marveux though. I take your point but I think he'd be fine.

You are right in that he looked great against Wigan there, on the right too as a conventional winger! I guess we will see, but i feel sometime others are a bit too quick to jump on the "convert attacking full back to winger" bandwagon because of Bale. Roberto Carlos and Cafu stayed as full backs and were great :)

He was a winger converted to fullback by Mourinho I believe.  I think wing is his natural position but Mourinho saw he had decent positional sense and great tracking back so moved him to fullback.  Imo if he played wing he'd be what Jonas should be as a winger with a strong work rate and defensively minded.

Really like our away kit.

Shamefully, the colours go really well with the wonga logo. Suppose if we gotta put up with them being our sponsor it might as well look half decent :undecided: