Rio Ave 3 - 1 Newcastle United - post-match RAGING from page 11

Decky

Guest bimpy474

I know it's is only pre season but why is Pardew persisting with this 4-2-3-1. It's like he just can't bring himself to admit he's wrong about it.

only another 7 years bimp

:'(

Guest bimpy474

Obviously he's going to play the same way. That's the way Pardew's teams play. Bizarre to see some shouting for change of method. It's not going to happen.

Well we would wouldn't we, we can see what Pardews serves up is not working. I realise it a futile thing to wonder why but what is it about him that he can't see the problems. How can he not notice the awful football, the poor players he puts out, set pieces (nuff said), a system and tactic that's completely unsuited to the players he has.

Is it arrogance, ego or is it just that he's completely useless ?. Maybe it's a bit of all three. I don't know but it's so easy to see where the problems in our play and tactics are it's ridiculous, In fact the problem really is just him now, As he can't see the glaringly obvious, that someone with an ounce of football noggin can.

Shola Ameobi has been taken to hospital for X-rays after damaging his hand in Newcastle United 3-1 friendly defeat to Rio Ave, a development Alan Pardew can scarcely afford given his dearth of centre forwards.

I honestly still can't get my head around the fact that Pardew receives £20K-40K a week to manage a football team let alone a Premier League team in arguably one of the top leagues in the world. I just can't understand how in this day and age that is possible. The only explanation is these last two years have been one of those matrix glitches.

I mean Alan Pardew manager with Joe Kinnear Director Of Football,  only in a mackems wildest wet dream.

Obviously he's going to play the same way. That's the way Pardew's teams play. Bizarre to see some shouting for change of method. It's not going to happen.

Well we would wouldn't we, we can see what Pardews serves up is not working. I realise it a futile thing to wonder why but what is it about him that he can't see the problems. How can he not notice the awful football, the poor players he puts out, set pieces (nuff said), a system and tactic that's completely unsuited to the players he has.

Is it arrogance, ego or is it just that he's completely useless ?. Maybe it's a bit of all three. I don't know but it's so easy to see where the problems in our play and tactics are it's ridiculous, In fact the problem really is just him now, As he can't see the glaringly obvious, that someone with an ounce of football noggin can.

Obviously I agree bimpy but when he wasn't sacked at the end of the season, I went past the point of getting myself worked up about it. That might change when the season begins but what's the point? The bloke is hilariously out of his depth and the best we can hope for is that he gets the bullet before his seven remaining years are up.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 1m

Pardew says #Nufc "too passive" first half, although players purposely at edge of fatigue in training regime. Happier with 2nd half.

Stop hoofing it you fuckwit.

Maybe the JFK effect is rubbing off on Pardew and he was meant to say passing during the team talk?

Actually, scratch that.

Guest bimpy474

Obviously I agree bimpy but when he wasn't sacked at the end of the season, I went past the point of getting myself worked up about it. That might change when the season begins but what's the point? The bloke is hilariously out of his depth and the best we can hope for is that he gets the bullet before his seven remaining years are up.

Yep spot on mate, all that's left is just how far down do we get before he's sacked, one things for sure he wont quit.

I still can't get over the fact that in a friendly where nowt matters and you try new stuff (Harper up front!) according to Caulkin all we could be bothered to do was thump it in the general direction of Gouffran.

If he said Santon was trying to beat their entire XI from his own 6 yard box, I would've thought "ahh whey, worth an effort" but the fact all we've done is what we did all last season is absurd.

If thumping it was to minimise the risk of injury, why even bother playing the game or sending out a semi-decent team?

The people who think Pardew can improve us are nuts, he's a one trick pony, if he actually has a trick.  If we're going to improve it will either come from the players or it will be with another manager.

To go into a pre-season friendly and play the way that failed us so badly last season should be a reason on it's own to sack him.

The result from today is totally meaningless, what we did during the game isn't.

Crucial away goal, could take them in the second leg, would be embarrassing to go out the inter toto to this lot though.

I'm not being funny, but did anyone see the game? Or are we basing our rage on tweets?

I would have thought the scoreline is enough to base the rage on but hey, maybe we are just unreasonable.