The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Pardew's like a boxer who keeps his hands high and is frightened to throw punch because it leaves him open. In his mind, as soon as you attack, you're vunerable.

Good analogy.  When he does try to attack this happens.

h924795BA

It's not a great analogy, really. Given that most fighters who keep their hands high are actually offensive boxers.

FFS Ron, :lol:

:lol:

:lol:

Pardew's like a boxer who keeps his hands high and is frightened to throw punch because it leaves him open. In his mind, as soon as you attack, you're vunerable.

Good analogy.  When he does try to attack this happens.

h924795BA

It's not a great analogy, really. Given that most fighters who keep their hands high are actually offensive boxers.

Tell me you sit at home in your over sized satin shorts scouring the threads for references to boxing! Bet you do....

I think the salient point is that not only were playing absolutely turgid football it wasn't effective and was completely unsuited to our players.

It boils down to this. Pardew is a below average/poor manager who will never work at a club this size ever again. If you watch football it's fairly plain to see. I don't really know what there is to argue.

Be positive.

Guest reefatoon

Im looking forward to the inevitable early season loss to a team that had a European game 2 days beforehand.

"I just felt that they had a little bit more match sharpness about them. We're not quite up to the speed they are. Think that extra game just gave them an edge today."

Agree with you here, this one will be added to the list this season, though you need to put "we was" in place of "we're".

Guest Haris Vuckic

Im looking forward to the inevitable early season loss to a team that had a European game 2 days beforehand.

"I just felt that they had a little bit more match sharpness about them. We're not quite up to the speed they are. Think that extra game just gave them an edge today."

:idiot2:

:idiot2:

Get him!

Guest Phil K

I think the salient point is that not only were playing absolutely turgid football it wasn't effective and was completely unsuited to our players.

It boils down to this. Pardew is a below average/poor manager who will never work at a club this size ever again. If you watch football it's fairly plain to see. I don't really know what there is to argue.

Be positive.

Impossible.

How can you be positive when you have a manager like Pardew, and knowing his replacement (Kinnear) is no better ?

On a serious note can we not post imagined excuses? Lessens the impact of the genuine ones.

I agree.  There's no need to make up quotes when the genuine ones are so much more ridiculous than anything we'd come up with.  Spies and the Notting Hill carnival ffs :lol:

spies is amazing like, notting hill carnival less so, but the idea that we were losing 'cause spies were leaking shit from training is incredible...who needs to spy?  he never fucking changes anything :lol:

Yep, it's the cream of the crop so far. So well conceived and executed.