Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Guest covmag

must admit he was fucking awesome today :smitten:

Rafa has been working with him and he just did it all right today and the last few tbf  O0

:lol:

Noticed his new cut like. Nearly as sharp as his tackling.

:lol: :thup:

He's very solid defensively, like. Thought he did ok last week as well. Since he's come back from injury really. The attempt at a touch towards the end of the game at 3-0 was embarrassing though. :lol:

Was superb today, deceptively quick and hoys a tackle in

I think people try to pretend these players have suddenly developed suddenly over a season. He was always quick, and he could always tackle. He's a good defender and has been for a long time, it was said plenty of times two or three seasons ago. He's just not very good on the ball, and I doubt that's changed much even this season. Kennedy in front of him has probably helped though.

Evidence of what happens when you have a manager who coaches players and gives them confidence. I never used to be a fan but he's improved so much under Rafa and even on the ball he doesn't just hit it aimlessly any more. Over the moon for him as he seems to be a decent lad too.

Evidence of what happens when you have a manager who coaches players and gives them confidence. I never used to be a fan but he's improved so much under Rafa and even on the ball he doesn't just hit it aimlessly any more. Over the moon for him as he seems to be a decent lad too.

Same here tbh, and agree with all you said :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s actually canny quick. Again I think it helps him and of course us having someone like Kennedy in front of him, at both ends. I’ve noticed since he joined, Dummet gets forward more or is allowed to get forward more. Coincidence?

He hasn’t suddenly become quick. He’s always been fast when he gets going.  A long sprint and I would fancy him against most players.  It’s his turning which is slow and those first 5 yards he’s not great at. 

Each season he’s had in the first team that is exposed less and less.  I’m assuming the positioning of his body has improved and he doesn’t turn 180 degrees so much. 

Loves the club and has and still is making the most of his talent. Rather have a player with 8 out of 10 ability who will run through a brick wall for the team than a player who has all the attributes but half the attitude.

Defenisively as solid as Enriqué.

Nah, Enrique was much more composed and often just used his strength to brush the winger aside and easily came out with the ball at his feet. Dummett is solid, but let's not compare his defending with Enrique ;)

Benitez will always select a solid defender with limited footballing ability, over the ‘modern style’ full backs we see nowadays. I have been Dummets biggest critic at times, but he suits our current set up and it works :thup:

Benitez will always select a solid defender with limited footballing ability, over the ‘modern style’ full backs we see nowadays. I have been Dummets biggest critic at times, but he suits our current set up and it works :thup:

He'll want a left back who can carry the ball out of defence ideally, you need that if you want to be a good passing side, but for now it's not a priority. A defender has to be able to defend first and foremost, and Dummett's always been good at that.

Nah, Enrique was much more composed and often just used his strength to brush the winger aside and easily came out with the ball at his feet. Dummett is solid, but let's not compare his defending with Enrique ;)

:thup: Enrique was a complete footballer.

Dummett has come on leaps and bounds though and his return to the side has been (almost) as significant as Lascelles. He's so, so much better than Manquillo, it isn't even a contest. Was lovely to see him getting all that instinctive applause over in the Strawberry Corner in the second half, what a buzz that must give you as a local lad.

Guest firetotheworks

Can we not just praise a player for doing well without forcing people into making negative posts about him in response to nonsense like this? [emoji38]