Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Nothing kills an errection faster than Dummett to Colback to Gouffran.

That's pre 9/10 thinking, imo.

:lol: I was honestly about to post the same thing during the game as there was a perioid of play where all 3 linked up, and then Gouffran did THAT so I put my phone down.

All 3 in the same side is a bit much though, I hope it's not our away day plan.

Can't understand the hate for Dummett,  he has played decent this season and is solid defensively.  Just seems to be the latest target for the boo boys.

Well he's not a good player and he's a weak link in defence and attack. Whether that means you should 'hate' him I don't know, but there are plenty of reasons not to rate the guy.

It's N-O. Dummett as a LB will get constant criticism for being limited on the ball but a good defender. While Santon was a favourite on N-O while costing us goal after goal but looking good on the ball (and offering nothing in the final third).

Controversial, but perhaps what we need to spice up this debate a little.

It's N-O. Dummett as a LB will get constant criticism for being limited on the ball but a good defender. While Santon was a favourite on N-O while costing us goal after goal but looking good on the ball (and offering nothing in the final third).

This.

Same as Danny Simpson.

He's was fine yesterday. We know he can't do anything with the ball, that's established.

Yeah, it's this.  The Championship standard of opposition gives him those extra seconds and space to make the simple passes he couldn't make in the Prem.  Coupled with him being a very strong and consistent defender means he's fine at this level. 

I don't remember a single Derby attack working down our left side. 

Pap today. In this league he should play CB or benched based on tonight.

I don't know what point you're trying to make. I'm generally a fan of Dummett's defensive work, It looked like we might need more going forward from him to do well in the division. Instead, so far we don't look like conceding and we just need knick the odd goal. Dummett is contributing a lot to our cleansheets.

You can find plenty of evidence on here of me defending his contribution to the team. I've gone as far as saying if he could've played an extra 7-8 last season we would've conceded less goals and stayed up.

Pap today. In this league he should play CB or benched based on tonight.

I don't know what point you're trying to make. I'm generally a fan of Dummett's defensive work, It looked like we might need more going forward from him to do well in the division. Instead, so far we don't look like conceding and we just need knick the odd goal. Dummett is contributing a lot to our cleansheets.

You can find plenty of evidence on here of me defending his contribution to the team. I've gone as far as saying if he could've played an extra 7-8 last season we would've conceded less goals and stayed up.

I'm just enjoying your points.

Stuck out like sore thumb yesterday. He's a championship defender, that's for sure. Needs to be much calmer on the ball and take his time rather than hoof it aimlessly upfield.

thought he was solid yesterday, personally.

i'm not his biggest fan by any means, but yesterday I thought he was the opposite of 'sticking out like a sore thumb'.

I thought in the second half we gave them far too much of the ball. It seemed as soon as we received it the back and tried to keep it for a bit, it'd go to Dummett and then get punted aimlessly upfield.

Would agree he was solid defensively, but it was obvious from my seat that he was stopping us from holding onto the ball to alleviate some of the pressure. That said, Derby didn't look like scoring in a month of Sundays. Shit side.

Why do people say he's a centre-back? Just because he's poor going forward?

Yep.

Plus he played there a few times and didn't fuck up.

If Rafa thought he was an out and out CB, capable of starting there for us on a consistent basis he wouldn't have signed 2 new CBs and only 1 LB.

He's was fine yesterday. We know he can't do anything with the ball, that's established.

Yup. We're creating enough to win games without having Roberto Carlos at LB and Derby didn't look a threat down the right at all. Rafa's happy with him starting plenty of games, and the results will prove him right.

Why do people say he's a centre-back? Just because he's poor going forward?

Yep.

Plus he played there a few times and didn't f*** up.

If Rafa thought he was an out and out CB, capable of starting there for us on a consistent basis he wouldn't have signed 2 new CBs and only 1 LB.

Erm, he sold 2 centrebacks. Didn't sell a LB.

I'm not disagreeing with you on Dummett, just pointing out that your evidence doesn't stand up.