Newcastle United vs West Ham United - Sat 24th August @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So our team news leaks out the day before the game, after Pardew has been on about "spies" etc and trying to keep things under wraps.

It's just another example of what an utter fool he is.

Anyway, happy with that team bar Shola. Just hope we go out and attack them and dictate the tempo...I can dream at least.

Bit worried Anita will be muscled out by a Big Sam side tbh

Yea i'm a bit worried about playing Anita as part of a central 2.

Central 3 yea, but central 2? :/

Me too. Possibly the least suited to 4-4-2 out of all of our players.

Not happy with the formation (or Ameobi), but pleasantly surprised to see Marveaux and HBA on the pitch together.

Given the actual players we have available a Brazilian box would make more sense.

Krul

Debucy  Colo  Yanga  Santon

Moussa  Anita

HBA        Marv

Cisse      Gouff

Would actually suite our full backs to as they could bomb forward safe in the knowledge Anita & moussa are covering

Guest Phil K

Who the hell is "Jeremy Pied" ? A frenchie from Lyon who is rumoured to be attending this match with Gomis ?

My sone rang me asking just this. news to me

Anyway, happy with that team bar Shola.

Don't get this comment at all. Not picking on you per se, as plenty have said the same. But to me it's the same as saying "I'm happy with my general health, apart from my head's been cut off".

It's either a good team or a bad team. Putting that cretin in and playing 4-4-2 makes it a bad team. Marveaux on the left wing will not work as he's not a left winger. Ben Arfa on the right wing will not work as he'll have too much tracking back to do and can't cross with his right very well which is a winger's job, and he'll be too deep to get in the box as often as under a 4-3-3 to threaten the goal himself.

Unbelievable that Jonas, Tiote and Taylor have been felled in one clean swoop!

Yanga-Mbiwa, Anita and Marveaux really have to be outstanding today, to banish those three to the abyss for a good while. Really hopeful of this!

I would have liked their chances better if they had Gouffran in there two, as opposed to having to play in a ten man team, with the Shola the sloth.

It is disgusting that Shola Ameobi is still starting premier league games for Newcastle United, the blame for which must be attributed to both Ashley and Pardew (not the Fenham Eusebio's fault that he's selected and is by all accounts a thoroughly lovely, polite chap).

Baines and Fellaini in Evertons lineup. No heads turned there. Cabaye not playing just feels so unprofessional.

Someone needs to call the c*** out about this in the post-match press conference.

"So Alan, with Baines and Fellaini playing for Everton after they rejected bids and said they didn't want to sell them and actually seemed like they meant it, is Cabaye not playing just further proof that you're protecting him from injury to ensure you can sell him after hawking him round so blatantly all summer?"

Make the fucker squirm.

Baines and Fellaini in Evertons lineup. No heads turned there. Cabaye not playing just feels so unprofessional.

Someone needs to call the cunt out about this in the post-match press conference.

"So Alan, with Baines and Fellaini playing for Everton after they rejected bids and said they didn't want to sell them and actually seemed like they meant it, is Cabaye not playing just further proof that you're protecting him from injury to ensure you can sell him after hawking him round so blatantly all summer?"

you make it sound like he has a say in the matter rather than just being a victim of meddling from above

Guest Roger Kint

Neither of those have been wanting out all summer though although Fellaini probably wants to now.

Guest Phil K

Make the f***er squirm.

Pretty much.

Methink he doth protest too much......

Someone needs to call the c*** out about this in the post-match press conference.

you make it sound like he has a say in the matter rather than just being a victim of meddling from above

He possibly doesn't. But I'd still grill him. If he doesn't have a choice then he can quite easily say that. "No, it's Mike Ashley's decision. I'd love to keep Cabaye and have played him today.". Simple. Needs to grow some balls and start telling the truth or else be called out on his bullshit that he peddles.

He possibly doesn't. But I'd still grill him. If he doesn't have a choice then he can quite easily say that. "No, it's Mike Ashley's decision. I'd love to keep Cabaye and have played him today.". Simple. Needs to grow some balls and start telling the truth or else be called out on his bullshit that he peddles.

QFT

and then he gets sacked. Would you do that in the same situation when trying to protect your job which you enjoy?

and then he gets sacked. Would you do that in the same situation when trying to protect your job which you enjoy?

If i was going to get a fat pay off hell yes.

Journalists give managers such easy rides and never ask them any important, searching questions.

Q2 from me would be "With injuries almost forcing you to play a good team in a good formation, how did you mess it up and pick Shola after more than a decade of underperformance form him?"

I'd probably get banned from the ground mind. :D