Newcastle United vs West Ham United - Sat 24th August @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First home game of the season is so hard to call, this year isn't much different. Most expected to lose to Villa when we beat them 6-0, I seem to remember uncertainty in the Championship season before we beat Reading, most expected us to beat Villa under Fat Head and we were garbage.

Must be one of the first games where Marv and Benny will start and both are match fit.

IF Marv starts.. (if he does i'd like to see him between our striker and midfield two.

:thup: That's what I meant and I agree. I think that's his best position. centrally in front of a Tiote - Sissoko midfield. Marv has a claming influence on players and I'd expect Tiote to just play it simple with Marv showing himself available for the easy pass all the time.

Must be one of the first games where Marv and Benny will start and both are match fit.

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see Sammy ahead of Marv.

Marv will start not do enough defensive work and get subbed early second half and not be seen again. He's a central player through and through imo

Haven't we done well in our first home games of the season in recent years?

Spurs W, Arsenal D, Villa W, Reading W.

won vs Bolton our first home game then in relegation season iirc, further back and I'm needing help