Morecambe vs. Newcastle United - 28/08/13 @ 7.45pm (Sky Sports 4)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

we're woefully short up front and have very little in reserve.

He can't win here, play the reserves and get beat or win scruffily and he gets stick.

Play full strength and lose colo and cisse through injury and gets stick.

He's between a rock and a hard place.

He's not between a rock and a hard place, he's out of his depth.

I'm not saying that he has plenty in reserve up front because he hasn't and that is a problem but the main problem today was that the player who should have been in reserve was his first choice.  To compound that, the player who lasted 90 minutes up front (when I say lasted I mean was still on the pitch, not that he physically lasted) will probably not play in the cup because 2 games a week is beyond him.  The type of opposition he might be capable of getting on top of are unlikely to see him and that means our more capable forwards are probably unlikely to get as much time next weekend as Shola who is likely to be rested mid-week.

Before Pardew stepped into the job we had a manager who would field weakened teams in the early rounds of the League Cup and he would get results.

Why should Pardew have that as an excuse if we can't do well against the current 6th worst team in league football?

Their he goes again talking down our chances... Against Morecambe.

Fuck me, you'd think they were manchester city

No he isn't. He's quite rightly reminding Ashley that we have a small squad and have an important PL game 3days later so we need to buy players to compete in all competitions.

The squad's really not that small.  We've been in far worse positions and made a far better fist of it.

we're woefully short up front and have very little in reserve.

He can't win here, play the reserves and get beat or win scruffily and he gets stick.

Play full strength and lose colo and cisse through injury and gets stick.

He's between a rock and a hard place.

Rock and a hard place. :lol:

It's fucking Morecambe.

Guest bimpy474

I cant say i ever remember a manager of any club ever being as negative with his quotes as Pardew. He cant realise he's doing it all the time surely.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I cant say i ever remember a manager of any club ever being as negative with his quotes as Pardew. He cant realise he's doing it all the time surely.

NEGATIVE QUOTES :lol:

Pardew is great at talking up our opposition. He is shite at talking up our chances. Seriously, why does he bother? If a Premiership side can't go into a game against Morecambe with confidence (not arrogance) that they can win then who's fault is that? If Pardew has such little faith in the squad he must be praying for the sack (he won't resign). If he thinks the squad hasn't got any depth then come right out and say it. Say we desperately need to buy more players and if we don't we'll be fighting relegation. Either Ashley will sack him or at least Pardew will have spelt out to the fans and media that Ashley has fucked him over by not assembling a team which can compete. Pardew constantly saying we can't compete with Southampton, Norwich, etc in the transfer market is pissing everyone off.

What does it say about our squad if we can't beat Morecambe? The players are a disgrace if they can't raise themselves to beat Morecambe. It shouldn't matter what formation we play, they should be able to beat Morecambe.

Guest bimpy474

NEGATIVE QUOTES :lol:

Sorry I didn't mean to offend you Mrs Pardew, please accept  my insincere apologies.

The manager is so crap that instead of having the luxury to play some youngsters like Dummett, Vukic, Sammy etc all at once, he'll now have to field a strong team, because he cant even get a cohesive performance out of the first team, and so even with our strongest we'll only just nick it.

We'll win 4-0.

Let's use this as shooting practice and get the full first team out.

This is exactly what we should do, unfortunately the manager simply doesn't grasp the concept of building confidence by scoring goals.

We'll win 4-0.

Let's use this as shooting practice and get the full first team out.

This is exactly what we should do, unfortunately the manager simply doesn't grasp the concept of building confidence by scoring goals.

"...not going to underestimate them, they deserve respect and we'll give them it because they've earned it. Coming here is a tough prospect for a team like us, believe me. They'll be up for it and we need to be organised and handle the pressure they'll put us under."