Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Thoughts (sorry to WBCP for stealing the bullet points gimmick):

- The moral of the story is painfully simple: dont play Shola, Tiote and Jonas and play attacking players. Actually go for the win and we'll win. DUH!

- We played generally well although we were lacking spark for 70 minutes. After the subs, we looked like Brazil 1970 and it should've been 2 or 3.

- Chuffed for Ben Arfa, he's saved us once again. Very frustrating though - he always does one turn too many, that extra touch.

- Remy looks superb, very tidy. The difference between Remy & Gouffran vs Shola was outrageous.

- I thought Yanga-Mbiwa and Sissoko were very good, once again.

- The crowd's reaction to Cabaye was interesting and very understandable. A bit schizophrenic. I don't think he played well but obviously hope he stays.

- Finally, Fulham were absolutely abysmal. Pathetic performance, I guess this is how Liverpool and Man City felt. They're going down.

Great result, you could feel the relief. Let's build on this and have a positive deadline day.

100%

Sissoko proving again what a power house he can be in his best position. Really like him as a player.

I didn't realise Remy was so composed and good on the ball. Thought he was just a finisher like Cisse but with more pace. Almost looked Henry like with his close control and number 14 :lol: Will improve us massively especially as he's also got the height to hold it up if necessary aswell

Really like Anita atm, alway available for the ball and the little 1-2s open the space up really well. Plus he encourages us to keep it on the deck

Ben Arfa his usual mercurial self. Knew eventually one of his shots had to connect properly. Love the guy.

Swap Shola for Gomis as well and I could feel positive about doing well all of a sudden.

I'd like to see Fulham go down, for all of this friendly family club spiel, they're another Cockney non-entity club that we see most seasons, see Palace, QPR, West Ham, Charlton, Wimbledon, Watford etc, they've just managed to be less shit than the relegated clubs each year. Well hopefully this is the year they won't be.

Needed that win badly.  Doesn't help when your manager always slips back to the 1980's when selecting his starting line ups.  FFS just pick the side from the off that can damage other teams.

Need rid of him asap as he's the biggest weak link, and is the one holding a talented team back.

Guest bimpy474

I'd like to see Fulham go down, for all of this friendly family club spiel, they're another Cockney non-entity club that we see most seasons, see Palace, QPR, West Ham, Charlton, Wimbledon, Watford etc, they've just managed to be less shit than the relegated clubs each year. Well hopefully this is the year they won't be.

:serious:

No, like.

Gonna have to seek out this last 20 minutes, like - sounds like a blast. I feel like I've spent three-quarters of my life watching Newcastle managers play players out of position.

They should just show it all on MOTD, nothing else happened today.

Gonna have to seek out this last 20 minutes, like - sounds like a blast. I feel like I've spent three-quarters of my life watching Newcastle managers play players out of position.

They should just show it all on MOTD, nothing else happened today.

Insanely dull day goals-wise. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/3fxOdmX.png

http://31.media.tumblr.com/20036016821df33b67ff4890cc241b76/tumblr_mgeaojD2Am1r8xh2qo1_500.gif

Should post both this and the West Ham one in a Fulham forum. :lol:

Game of the day on Sky, la.

Get in, I want to watch this, sounds like we were the better team.

Well, that was 1000 times better. I thought we were more positive from the off compared to last week but we just needed that bit of quality and balance in the attacking players to put it together and when it did, we looked dangerous. Feels lovely to say we played well, won and deserved the victory.

Think the boost of Remy and the Fire of Cabaye coming on really made the difference. Thats being a touch harsh on Gouffers who should be our starting left wing until we actually buy someone capable of playing there.

Mapou I thought was excellent alongside Colo

Marveaux flatters to deceive really, some gorgeous touches and a few jinky runs. I still think he can play a major part here I am just not sure where. He is certainly no winger, not anymore at any rate.

I thought Anita played very well, just doesn't quite have the class of delivery that Cabs does, he and Sissoko seem really limited by Pardews tactics to get forward.  Sissoko had one of his better games though, all action, physical and pacey. Good to see.

Overall Pardew still lacks the guts to send players forward to support attacks and it kills the team, the crowd and the game.

Great to see Remy who seemed to offer us something completely different. I excited to see him and Cisse together. Remy creates so much space by pulling players towards him I think that extra space will be what Cisse needs to grab those goals.

Think the boost of Remy and the Fire of Cabaye coming on really made the difference. Thats being a touch harsh on Gouffers who should be our starting left wing until we actually buy someone capable of playing there.

Mapou I thought was excellent alongside Colo

Marveaux flatters to deceive really, some gorgeous touches and a few jinky runs. I still think he can play a major part here I am just not sure where. He is certainly no winger, not anymore at any rate.

I thought Anita played very well, just doesn't quite have the class of delivery that Cabs does, he and Sissoko seem really limited by Pardews tactics to get forward.  Sissoko had one of his better games though, all action, physical and pacey. Good to see.

Overall Pardew still lacks the guts to send players forward to support attacks and it kills the team, the crowd and the game.

Great to see Remy who seemed to offer us something completely different. I excited to see him and Cisse together. Remy creates so much space by pulling players towards him I think that extra space will be what Cisse needs to grab those goals.

Sound assessment. :thup:

I was at work for the duration of the game, at about the half hour mark someone came in saying 2-0 down with half an hour played, quickly went to check on my phone, could have killed them for saying that. I did believe it though.

I was at work for the duration of the game, at about the half hour mark someone came in saying 2-0 down with half an hour played, quickly went to check on my phone, could have killed them for saying that. I did believe it though.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130325000742/scpcontainmentbreach/images/4/45/Cool-story-bro.jpg

This forum is the nuts when you can't see the game, like. Constant updates throughout, then everyone cobbels together post-game to paint a picture of the whole 90 minutes. :thup:

Had a few minutes spare towards the end of the game where I could (frantically) refresh my phone over and over again. And there's no other context than this place where I completely understand the word 'sdffsafkjdsfjadfhsd'. Brilliant.

Tidy but ineffective before the subs, played as well as Ive seen in a long time after.

Remy looked superb, if he's going to play upfront with Cisse it'll need work though, they spent the first 5-10 mins making the same runs / dropoffs

The midfield that started was too passive both defensively and offensively.

There are some utter spackas who go to the game like

Fulham were shite.

I know we were shit against west ham but even in that towards the end of the game we had full backs out wingers bombing forward and taking on defenders etc with the crowd roaring them on. It was the same today but obviously much improved and with more quality players on the pitch.

If we can play like that more, especially now we have more pace in the side then St.James' should be a really intimidating place for teams to come to.