NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chicken little

Zouma.  :lol:

It would be coup even if Chelsea land him since Real Madrid, Barca etc are all interested in him. We have no chance, if we ever did then the time to get him was 1-2 years ago.

Not saying I think we'll sign Zouma - we won't - but people would have said the same about Ben Arfa, about Cabaye, about Sissoko..

Guest Roger Kint

Zouma.  :lol:

It would be coup even if Chelsea land him since Real Madrid, Barca etc are all interested in him. We have no chance, if we ever did then the time to get him was 1-2 years ago.

Not saying I think we'll sign Zouma - we won't - but people would have said the same about Ben Arfa, about Cabaye, about Sissoko..

You know Zouma would cost the same as those combined plus a fair wedge on top right? Nowhere near the same as signing those :lol:

Miles Starforth @milesstarforth

Joe Kinnear talks of signing 'one or two players per year to strengthen the squad' at #nufc in his programme notes.

:lol:

in theory that makes sense, slow steady improvement and save the budget for quality players. Unfortunately in reality it probably means 1 or 2 loans a season and never sign them permanently

Guest chicken little

You know Zouma would cost the same as those combined plus a fair wedge on top right? Nowhere near the same as signing those :lol:

In Carr we trust... ;)

Phil Forster (@Sky_PhilForster) tweeted at 2:39 pm on Mon, Jan 13, 2014:

Spoke to agents of both Sylvain Marveaux and Gabriel Obertan who say they have received no firm interest in either player #nufc

Spoke to agents of both Sylvain Marveaux and Gabriel Obertan who say they have received no firm interest in either player #nufc

Surprised about Marveaux, not at all about wor Gabriel.

:yao:

:yao:

Marveaux is not a bad player and must have a chance of getting a club in France. You would think someone would be interested in him, even if only on loan.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 4s

So I missed a quiet weekend then?! Gutierrez on his way, Cisse possibly following - and the worst decision of the season. #n

And what shite will that turn out to be?

Think he's on about the bent ref from yesterday.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 4s

So I missed a quiet weekend then?! Gutierrez on his way, Cisse possibly following - and the worst decision of the season. #n

And what shite will that turn out to be?

Think he's on about the bent ref from yesterday.

Yeah just noticed and deleted. :lol:

Everyone was pretty excited about Cisse since there was the wait in him playing due to ACON

Still remember the exact moment I found out he was signing. Went to the toilet at work, phone out, on twitter and one of the local journos is praising Newcastle for pulling of a coup. Couldn't believe it, iirc we missed out on Maiga and were saying that was our business done.

Anybody else remember that feeling when we sign a top player and you cant wait to see him in his new black and white shirt

I remember when we signed Routledge in the Championship and he was head and shoulders above that league. :lol: