NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Also that hamstring injury he got 2 games in destroyed him allegedly. One of the worst ever or something and he never seemed to have any pace whatsoever after which is what his game seemed to used to be based on.

Also that hamstring injury he got 2 games in destroyed him allegedly. One of the worst ever or something and he never seemed to have any pace whatsoever after which is what his game seemed to used to be based on.

Thought we had the perfect left sided winger in a 4-3-3 when we signed him.

But we had Owen & Shearer in addition to signing an out-and-out winger in Solano so we were never suited to him.

But we had Owen & Shearer in addition to signing an out-and-out winger in Solano so we were never suited to him.

Had much simpler opinions those days man :lol:

Guest neesy111

Freddy Shepherds transfer plan, just buy players to sell shirts.

Guest Roger Kint

Off topic but when do we publish our annual results ?

The final Premier League results or financial ones? :lol:

They will be anytime from now til April depending on when we submit them. It was the last week in March last year fwiw

Saw Douglas say that Pardew is trying to get a "10" i hope that is true because we desperately need one IMO just as much as a striker i reckon.

All the top clubs have one.... Liverpool has Coutinho, Everton has Barkley, Spurs and Man Utd have a few and the top 3 have loads.

Desperately need a player of that ilk i'd say, instead of trying to shoehorn players into that role and it not working.

That's if its true mind which is most likely isn't.  :lol:

There is no doubt that the signing of Alan Shearer was THE top signing NUFC have ever made in the modern era - he was the top CF in the UK, probably in Europe at the time and had the choice to sign for one of the biggest clubs in the world but chose to come home. He was 25 at the time of his signing and nothing before or since has topped this or even come close.

Owen was close because of his reputation and the club he was playing for, but there was always a doubt in my mind about his total commitment and his fitness. The most exciting signing of a striker before Shearer had to be Macdonald but he was not an international at the time and only 21...he turned out to be sensational and the most exciting striker I have seen in the B&W, if not the complete player that Shearer almost was.

Mirandinha was exciting simply because he was the first Brazilian to play in England and had scored against the national side 3 months earlier but he was a let down in many ways.

Cole proved to be a much better striker than I suspect many believed he would when we signed him.

None of the current side hold a candle to the excitement created by the signings above....and nobody we sign under this regime will do so either.

:thup:

Saw Douglas say that Pardew is trying to get a "10" i hope that is true because we desperately need one IMO just as much as a striker i reckon.

All the top clubs have one.... Liverpool has Coutinho, Everton has Barkley, Spurs and Man Utd have a few and the top 3 have loads.

Desperately need a player of that ilk i'd say, instead of trying to shoehorn players into that role and it not working.

Cabella maybe? It has been about a year since we have had a permanent transfer - quite staggering really. Hope they have been saving up to get someone like him.

If you actually watch Coutinho play and how many times he messes up going forward, and how useless he is at the defensive side of the game, he'd join HBA on the bench at our club under Pardew and we'll continue our search for another no. 10 with 2 perfect ones rotting on our fucking bench.

If you actually watch Coutinho play and how many times he messes up going forward, and how useless he is at the defensive side of the game, he'd join HBA on the bench at our club under Pardew and we'll continue our search for another no. 10 with 2 perfect ones rotting on our f***ing bench.

TBF Coutinho should be rotting on the bench for what he has produced over the last couple of months. Had a great start and dare I say was the reason Liverpool went so well in the spring, but as soon as the winter hit he's been horrible.

If you actually watch Coutinho play and how many times he messes up going forward, and how useless he is at the defensive side of the game, he'd join HBA on the bench at our club under Pardew and we'll continue our search for another no. 10 with 2 perfect ones rotting on our f***ing bench.

TBF Coutinho should be rotting on the bench for what he has produced over the last couple of months. Had a great start and dare I say was the reason Liverpool went so well in the spring, but as soon as the winter hit he's been horrible.

And yet they've continued to allow him to play through it until he figures it out, and gets more consistent, because they know he has the talent to be a key difference maker.

We're stuck firmly in mid table now, and are not struggling to stay in the league like last year. Why not just let Ben Arfa play, and figure things out, as we are not under threat of going down.

It's just awful.

Not so crystal clear when we have a spineless coward for manager. How can you be afraid to use your most potent attacking force? Fucking stick 3 DMs behind him man, and let him do his thing. We are never going to attack a team gung-ho with this fraud in charge. I miss the days of us trying to nail the coffin into a team by half time, and using the second half not to sleep but to score even more goals. That's confidence, intent. That gets you places in this league.

Its become far to predictable, super defensive against the bigger sides and and try to stay in the game until late then try to attack a bit and nick a goal.  Or against lesser sides go out and attack a bit and if we nick a goal go defensive and hang on.  Which invariably ends in the opposition getting back into the game and Pardew throwing on Ben Arfa in a panic move to try to get us back into the game.

The Norwich game was a perfect example, 2-0 up at half time.  People around me saying "we're cruising and they look shot defensively, stick more attacking threat on and really go at them, finish them off".  Unfortunately it was all to obvious what he'd do.  Told the lad next to me he'd change nowt, tell the team to drop back and be disciplined and keep the 2-0.  At which time Norwich would find all the time and space they need to work themselves back into the game then he'd maybe throw on Cisse or Ben Arfa to try to push us forward and relieve the pressure.  Which is exactly what he did, he really takes the fucking fun out of watching Football most of the time.  I'm left feeling pissed off after wins sometimes because I've had to spend so much time sitting anxious despite us going ahead and having good momentum only for it to fizz out due to his actions.  Absolutely right what's been said about him being a purely reactive manager, but even his reactions are often too slow and just wrong.

Guest bimpy474

Its become far to predictable, super defensive against the bigger sides and and try to stay in the game until late then try to attack a bit and nick a goal.  Or against lesser sides go out and attack a bit and if we nick a goal go defensive and hang on.  Which invariably ends in the opposition getting back into the game and Pardew throwing on Ben Arfa in a panic move to try to get us back into the game.

The Norwich game was a perfect example, 2-0 up at half time.  People around me saying "right we're cruising and they look shot defensively, stick more attacking threat on now and really go at them, finish them off".  Unfortunately it was all to obvious what he would do.  Told the lad next to me he'd change nowt, tell the team to drop back and be disciplined and keep the 2-0.  At which time Norwich would find all the time and space they need to work themselves back into the game at which point he'd maybe throw on Cisse or Ben Arfa to try to push us forward and relieve the pressure.  Which exactly what he did, he really takes the fucking fun out of watching Football most of the time.  I'm left feeling pissed off after wins sometimes because I've had to spend so much time sitting anxious despite us going ahead and having good momentum only for it to fizz out due to his actions.  Absolutely right what's been said about him being a purely reactive manager, but even his reactions are often too slow and just wrong.

Can't argue with any of this, nail on head.

Guest bimpy474

"look at who we could of bought"  :lol:

Older posters might get that one from Jim Bowen.  :lol:

Someone from Birmingham winning a speedboat :lol:

Ben Arfa isn't a 10.... he doesn't have the off the ball movement to be one.... if he did he'd be starting every game, Pardew doesn't mind a bit less work rate from central attacking areas because he trusts Tiote and Cabaye to cover it he just doesn't from wide areas.

He's still stupid mind, but the reason Ben Arfa doesn't start is because he's not a good player in the middle and outwide Pardew wants his players to run.

I'd still start him on the right myself but i'm not Pardew.

Anthony Knochaert has RT'd a link saying we're interested in him.

Championship version of Ben Arfa, if the international class one can't get a game what chance does he have?