NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has the Costa deal fallen through? Last I heard that was all but done

Nah, been no news. Suspect they were just letting him focus on the CL and getting fit.

I'd be amazed if he isn't leading the line for Chelsea next season. Chelsea have a good relationship with Atletico and he handily has the same agent as Mourinho and every other Portugeezer these days.

I'd have taken Sidwell on a free, like. Good passer who scored the same amount of goals last season as Cabaye, Sissoko, Anita and Tiote combined.

Not saying he's great but to stick your nose up at such a player to flesh out the squad is a little stupid.

I'd have taken Sidwell on a free, like. Good passer who scored the same amount of goals last season as Cabaye, Sissoko, Anita and Tiote combined.

Not saying he's great but to stick your nose up at such a player to flesh out the squad is a little stupid.

I think your maths needs some work.

Anita, Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko managed a combined 10 in all competitions for us I think. Pretty sure it was said that Sidwell scored his 10th of the season at WHL last month. If I'm narrowly out I apologise, but the point stands.

Anita, Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko managed a combined 10 in all competitions for us I think. Pretty sure it was said that Sidwell scored his 10th of the season at WHL last month. If I'm narrowly out I apologise, but the point stands.

Fair enough, only 3 in it.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

@MsiDouglas

Nothing really imminent transfer wise for #nufc I'm told. Sidwell most definitely not on 'the list' either...

http://i62.tinypic.com/34gsxoj.jpg

As with us, it's not that simple though. We surrender all comps except Prem so goals in others don't really matter. Cabaye played less than half a season, scored same number of Prem goals as Sidwell. Sissoko got 3 playing out of position on the wing, Cheick had a perfectly legitimate goal disallowed against City and Anita got one against Hull I think. I get what you're saying but he's not for us, he would've been a good squad player about five years ago. We need to flesh the squad out with quality or youth. He's 31 years old, played out his last year to look good to get a next move where he will return to being injury prone and sh1te.

And Sidwell played for a poor side and scored a very respectable amount of goals for a CM.

Do I want us to be signing the likes of Sidwell in an ideal world? Of course not. But he's a decent player who'd improve our squad.

Guest bimpy474

So the club fed everyone bullshit again about us having a deal tied by the end of the week, straight after the season finished. What a surprise, it's not like that has happened before.

So the club fed everyone bullshit again about us having a deal tied by the end of the week, straight after the season finished. What a surprise, it's not like that has happened before.

Think the Perez deal is done they're just letting the lad finish his season in peace

Couldn't it be a deal for the young spanish player, Perez or whatshisname? Maybe their just waiting to confirm it due to them not having played their last game?

:yao:  or not.