NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still don't see the reasoning behind giving Pardew any more control over transfers. Except Ashley's capacity to make catastrophic mistakes.

IMHO Ashely is a bit thick, and pardew has managed to bullshit him that our woes lie

in the fact he's not getting "his" players and he's convinced him if he's allowed to do this he'll keep us up on the cheap. A guess obvs

I think that's exactly it. One of Pardew's biggest talents (possible his only talent) is to manipulate people into thinking he is doing a good job. Since Lambezze and Kinnear have gone he will have been bending Ashley's ear that everything that has gone wrong has been Lambezze/Kinnear/the players fault and that for him to fix things, he will need more of a say in who we sign.

It's quite ironic that him getting his way with transfers could finally lead to him being sacked. If we sign all the cloggers he wants, who will be left bail him out like Remy and Cabaye did this past season?

When we are bottom of the table come October with a team full of utter dross, Ashley will have no choice but to bin the f***ing c***.

You would think he had no choice but to sack him when we lost at home to Reading, but here we are nearly 15 months later and his job looks safer than ever.

I am hoping this is just lazy reporting linking players with a former manager.  Surely Pardew must have noticed some English players who didn't play for him at least 5 years ago.

I still don't see the reasoning behind giving Pardew any more control over transfers. Except Ashley's capacity to make catastrophic mistakes.

IMHO Ashely is a bit thick, and pardew has managed to bullshit him that our woes lie

in the fact he's not getting "his" players and he's convinced him if he's allowed to do this he'll keep us up on the cheap. A guess obvs

Hes not thick. Just has no idea about football.

Bit of both IMHO. He's just a chancer. Chanced his arm at retail. Buy bulk sell cheap is hardly rocket science.

If it was that easy we'd all be billionaires. Ashley knows how to run a successful business and destroy the competition. Unfortunately we were a pet project he simply gave up on and now basically can't be arsed with. He gets his main business a lot of exposure and as long as we are mid-table plodders he is happy.

Pardew is the luckiest manager in football.

Guest chopey

I think Ashley and Pardew both don't want to spend

Ashley because he hates us and we are purely a business to him to make money not spend it . I believe it's a bigger badge of honour for Ashley to boast to his city banker mates that he is the only chairman in the premier league that makes money.

Pardew because the more money he spends the more pressure he will have to finish higher up the league and all the pundits can't say "he's done a great job with limited funds" the money is there this summer but I think we all know it won't be spent

I think Ashley and Pardew both don't want to spend

Ashley because he hates us and we are purely a business to him to make money not spend it . I believe it's a bigger badge of honour for Ashley to boast to his city banker mates that he is the only chairman in the premier league that makes money.

Pardew because the more money he spends the more pressure he will have to finish higher up the league and all the pundits can't say "he's done a great job with limited funds" the money is there this summer but I think we all know it won't be spent

:thup: Wullie absolutely nailed it in his article about Pardew. Bet Pardew was waking up in cold sweats the season he finished 5th and got manager of the season. He has managed to get expectations at rock bottom again though and following that up with a top 10 finish is exactly where he wants to be. After a promising start I have to take my hat off to him in how he managed to slam the brakes on and get the expectations back to an all time 'meh!'.

He struggles to work with highly talented players, Hoddle said he struggled to coach players who weren't as talented as he was. It's clearly the opposite for Pardew who was a clogger as a player.

@GFN_France: France Football: Newcastle United are interested in OGC Nice defensive midfielder Nampalys Mendy, they claim. #NUFC #OGCN

Glad we are targeting the right areas tbh :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Why are they specifically targeting players that Alan Pardew has worked with, in his failed stints at Reading, West Ham, Charlton and Southampton?

:lol: They're idiots.

Reminds me of John Anderson who constantly says 'you dont become a bad manager over night' (because we finished 5th). Err.... how about you dont become a good manager over night you fucking pleb?

Guest chopey

The thing I cant understand about Pardew is that we have played some occasionally good football under him and I just wonder if its because of his tactics or because the players (Colo and Cabaye in particular) just take it on themselves to play how they like.

He tends to revert to his endeared 4-4-2 when he panicks for sure, like when he had a poor run of results or a key player like Cabaye was sold (although we played well as a 4-3-3 in the first match without him).

Guest Simba

Reminds me of John Anderson who constantly says 'you dont become a bad manager over night' (because we finished 5th). Err.... how about you dont become a good manager over night you f***ing pleb?

:rose: Nailed it there my friend!