NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamaal Lascelles- who was recently asked to train with the full England squad- isn't highly rated? He's in an almost identical situation to Jenas. Linked with a large number of Prem teams and well regarded at international level.

They must've seen straight through him because he hasn't played for England 21s this season.

Anyway, it's so irrelevant in the wider scheme of things RE: NUFC. I'll agree to disagree.

Jamaal Lascelles- who was recently asked to train with the full England squad- isn't highly rated? He's in an almost identical situation to Jenas. Linked with a large number of Prem teams and well regarded at international level.

He's not even that highly regarded at Forest, man. Jenas had captained them and was the first name on their teamsheet. I'd accuse you of playing devil's advocate but it's more like devil's fucking idiot.

He's not even that highly regarded at Forest, man. Jenas had captained them and was the first name on their teamsheet. I'd accuse you of playing devil's advocate but it's more like devil's fucking idiot.

The authority on all has spoken. If you track the amount of games played, the international recognition and the media reported interest in each player, there's barely a difference. For Jenas to suggest that first division players wouldn't be interested in joining us in nonsense- they're exactly the same as all these French internationals. They want a stage to perform and would jump at whatever we provide rather than stay at a mid table championship club.

Highly rated young players with ambition and desire wouldn't come anywhere near this shithole, man.

French internationals, give me a break. We've signed one (4 caps) since January 2013 and nobody else was in for him.

Bishop will be lashing texts and emails out furiously to agents and journos to get us "linked" with some quality players in the press over the next month. £500 cash for every false rumour printed.

I know everyone dislikes Jermaine Jenas these days but he was on the radio earlier saying that if he was leaving Nottingham Forest again he wouldn't sign NUFC as it is now, purely because of the lack of ambition. When he came here he was inspired by the players we had, what we were trying to build and the chance to develop his own game and help push the club forward.

Depressing.

I actually think he speaks fairly well on football tbh, I've got no real hate for him.

True that disco and I agree Santi.

Bit of revisionism on Jenas there as far as I recall. Bobby went to look at another player and spotted Jenas, forget the other player's name but he was a highly rated midfielder playing England under 21 at the time, think he went to Southampton or something, maybe began with P, Prutton? Something like that.

Jenas was 18 and largely unknown before we signed him.

Aye, David Prutton.  But I don't remember Jenas the same, £5m was a lot to pay for an 18 year old with less than 30 appearances under his belt in that case.

It was a totally out of the blue transfer, no one expected it and it certainly wasn't talked about in advance. He was the exact opposite of this kid Hughes at Derby really.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/1795337.stm

Nottingham Forest have accepted a £5m offer for Jermaine Jenas from Newcastle United.

A fortnight ago Newcastle had a £4m offer for the 18-year-old midfielder rejected by Forest, who have serious financial problems.

:dontknow:

:lol: the season we signed him was literally his first as an established player in the first 11 (2 appearances the season before) and he made 31 appearances that season before we bought him in February

don't think he'd even played for the england U21's before he signed for us, could be wrong

TOON FEAR INGS REJECTION

Newcastle United fear long-term target Danny Ings will snub them in favour of a move to a 'bigger' Premier League club, report the Chronicle.

The 22-year-old Burnley striker has been heavily linked with a move to St James' Park, but Manchester United and Liverpool are also thought to be interested in the England U21 frontman.

David Moyes' Real Sociedad have also expressed an interest in Ings, but Burnley are thought to prefer a move to an English club in order to claim compensation from an enforced sale.

TOON FEAR INGS REJECTION

Newcastle United fear long-term target Danny Ings will snub them in favour of a move to a 'bigger' Premier League club, report the Chronicle.

The 22-year-old Burnley striker has been heavily linked with a move to St James' Park, but Manchester United and Liverpool are also thought to be interested in the England U21 frontman.

David Moyes' Real Sociedad have also expressed an interest in Ings, but Burnley are thought to prefer a move to an English club in order to claim compensation from an enforced sale.

Absolutely no relevance whatsoever whether Burnley would prefer him to go to an English club.

He could probably go to a top 4 club purely based upon the fact he's English. Then spend the next 4 years making huge amounts of money and playing 0 games of football. It's just what you dream of as a lad.

Unfortunately the new TV deal pushed up his wages to beyond what we could afford as a financially prudent club. It'd have been irresponsible for us to push this over the line with light of what has happened to clubs previously. Magic weekend tickets are still on sale from the box office.