NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A couple of years back i saw Hasse Backe on tv saying that Richards was the most thick player he's ever coached, by far! He said that it was impossible to coach anything in to him, even the most simple things that even a bairn could learn :lol: also said that he would be a world class player if he had any kind of intelligence.

He'd be in good company with Taylor and Carver then

A couple of years back i saw Hasse Backe on tv saying that Richards was the most thick player he's ever coached, by far! He said that it was impossible to coach anything in to him, even the most simple things that even a bairn could learn :lol: also said that he would be a world class player if he had any kind of intelligence.

Apparently Patrick Vieira once asked Richards what he wanted to achieve in his career. Richards said he wanted to be a regular in the England team and win trophies with his club. Vieira replied, 'So how come you're always the last one on to the training field, and the first one to leave?'

The shackles won't ever be fully removed by Ashley I don't think. Sure they'll bring some players in but they'll always step back from paying the going rate rather than identifying an ideal player to fit a position and then going for them.

Did I read in the chronicale some nonsense about bringing in 6 new first teamers? Surely it's 6 new starters plus solid squad additions.

Apparently Patrick Vieira once asked Richards what he wanted to achieve in his career. Richards said he wanted to be a regular in the England team and win trophies with his club. Vieira replied, 'So how come you're always the last one on to the training field, and the first one to leave?'

Sounds like solid information.

£10 million man ... my goodness. The guy has had one full season in the championship.

These clubs really make things hard for young English players to go elsewhere and make something of themselves.

It's terrible.

I agree that it's a lot of money but at the end of the day the TV money's so outrageous these days that clubs should have that money to spend, or in our case money piling up from recent seasons of neglecting the playing squad. 

Certainly seems a high fee but I do like the look of him (Bamford).

£15m for Austin is far more reasonable than £10m for Bamford, although slightly expensive on its own merits.

Fair point. I didn't think Chelsea wanted to sell Bamford, is there not chance of a loan deal for the season? I'm sure they rate him highly, but just want him to get more experience.

If we can get Austin, Bamford, with Cisse and Perez, I'd be pretty happy with our frontline tbf.

£15 million for Austin is such a rip.

That English premium innit.

Think it's just the going rate for proven Premier League goalscorers these days - Lukaku went for 28 million and he hadn't scored the amount of goals in a season Austin has.

The only foreigners to score more than him this season were Aguero and Costa - 38 and 32 million.

Guest chopey

£15m for Austin is far more reasonable than £10m for Bamford, although slightly expensive on its own merits.

Fair point. I didn't think Chelsea wanted to sell Bamford, is there not chance of a loan deal for the season? I'm sure they rate him highly, but just want him to get more experience.

If we can get Austin, Bamford, with Cisse and Perez, I'd be pretty happy with our frontline tbf.

agree with this

agree with this

No Thanks.

We should aim to be better than being Chelsea's feeder club.

A loan without an option to buy is something we should look to avoid.