NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 7m7 minutes ago

Newcastle are in negotiations with Bordeaux over the possible signing of Diego Rolan, according Sud Ouest. They're offering around €15m.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 7m7 minutes ago

At the moment, Newcastle's offer is neither concrete nor acceptable to Bordeaux, according to the report.

How many times have we heard stories like this? Lowball after lowball.

:lol: Fucking lowball? The media were linking him for about £4m less than two weeks ago. Find it impossible to believe theres any truth in €15m :lol:

Seems a good offer for Rolan. If we can't get someone like that for £10 million then we may as well drop the £15 million for Austin.

:lol:

As if we're getting either never mind both

Seems a good offer for Rolan. If we can't get someone like that for £10 million then we may as well drop the £15 million for Austin.

:lol:

As if we're getting either never mind both

My post in no way insinuates we are getting both. Come on man. Get your comprehension game up.

No worries joeyt. I was just goofing.

O0

That offer for Rolan actually seems high IMO.

Hasn't really done much has he. Though he I young and seemingly rated as a prospect from what I have read about him.

True. Though Sissoko had 5 and a half seasons in Ligue 1 before showing he could be decent in the PL, as opposed to two and a half years in Ligue 1 out of Uruguay. Anyway, I know next to nothing about him and he's ultimately worth whatever people are willing to pay. Which in our case will be a Kangol with a manufacturing defect.

Newcastle close on Ivan Toney transfer as Steve McClaren eyes young talent

The 19-year-old striker will cost the St James' Park club around £300,000

Newcastle United are closing on a deal for Northampton Town teen Ivan Toney.

The 19-year-old striker has caught the eye of Premier League and Championship clubs with his performances for the League Two side and was close to joining Wolves last year.

But the Magpies have now swooped for the promising forward, and he is expected to become Steve McClaren's first signing as Newcastle boss if the £300,000 deal can be confirmed before the arrival of Georginio Wijnaldum.

Toney made his Football League debut aged 16 back in 2012, becoming Northampton's youngest-ever player.

He has three goals in 16 first-team appearances for the Cobblers.