NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A decent centre half will see this the most successful transfer window in recent times. Failure to do so would see us carry on leaking. Pretty important.

I think a left back is more realistic to be honest. I can't see colo being dropped right away and I can't see a new centre half sitting on the bench.

I agree, Colo signing the new contract must have ruled out any move for a cb, which is a shame because the weakness in the air is all too apparent in that department. We've already conceded 3 goals to headers albeit Janmaat was responsible for one of them, and we are only 2 games in.

Hope not, 1 more year, expecting Williamson to go, handy off the bench, maybe decent influence in the dressing room, Abdennour learnt Spanish expecting a move to barce ?

If we had Thauvin and Aarons on the wings, i don't think i'd care about Dummett's lack of ability going forward anyway tbh. It was only a problem before when Aarons was the only winger in the squad.

Exactly with you.

If we had Thauvin and Aarons on the wings, i don't think i'd care about Dummett's lack of ability going forward anyway tbh. It was only a problem before when Aarons was the only winger in the squad.

Exactly with you.

might be a blessing in disguise, or maybe it's what mclaren is aiming for...have a solid back 4 sitting together and the full backs not wandering much then leave the goals and shit to sissoko, wijnaldum, thauvin, aarons, mitrovic and hopefully perez...basically an attacking front 6 and a static back 4 until they're able to fucking defend as a unit :lol:

Would be so typical us if we don't sign any more defenders despite spending £50m and only getting one CB :lol:

Our season f***ing makes or breaks depending on this. Lets pray!

Keegan did alright with a duff defence. :lol: Anyway, we've added two central defenders to the squad not just the one, and still have Good, Satka, Damnit, Tayls, Williamson and Colo fighting it out. Imagine we need to get rid of a couple before expecting another one in.

Our so called duff defence only conceded setting like 25 goals when we came 2nd to Manure.  Only manure conceded less goals so it's a misnomer that we had a duff defence.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/19/snapping-up-expensive-possibly-available-liverpool-star-mamadou/

A good call. If not completely unlikely, we were linked with him pre Liverpool though weren't we. Why do they want rid, though he got rave reviews last season.

No thanks. Normally in a central defender, you can overlook their lack of skill on the ball if they're sufficiently strong in the basics of defending. With Sakho, I'd make an exception. He's one of the clumsiest players in the league.

Liverpool are usually better than their opposition, so his blunders aren't too frequent or costly (though it looks like they're fed up with him now). With us, he'd be exposed far more often.

Sorry to disagree but I work in Liverpool and the general consensus is that he is a disaster waiting to happen, can look solid but always has a mistake in him and has the control of a fox in a henhouse

Sorry to disagree but I work in Liverpool and the general consensus is that he is a disaster waiting to happen, can look solid but always has a mistake in him and has the control of a fox in a henhouse

How often does said disaster happen though? The only bad game I've seen him have was when Liverpool got dominated by Arsenal.

Sakho does look exceptionally clumsy, both defensively and on the ball.

How scouts watched him and never picked up on it I will never understand. It's really strange.

Crazy money was forked out for that guy man.

He's not as bad on the ball as you would think to look at him TBH. I thought that too, but he hardly ever makes a mistake in reality. I like him ish.

I'd have him based on the fact that he can win headers which none of our CBs can. With that said, he's not worth what Liverpool paid for him, but at £8-10m I'd take him.

Sakho is class man

He's really not though tbf Kanji. I know you have a bit of love for him, but both for PSG and for Liverpool he's been underwhelming. With that said he does have the ability to have a great game or so, but he's clumsy and quite bad with the ball.