NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newcastle United have taken two young players on trial – with one of them confirmed as 16-year-old Swedish central defender Isaac Jonsson.

The BK Olympic player will arrive in Newcastle today and will undergo a seven day assessment period with United’s youth team.

And speaking about the move, Isaac spoke about what lays ahead for him in the North East: “Two matches are scheduled,” he told Skanska Dagbladet.

“On Tuesday, we meet another English team and on Friday, we will play against Ghana. I stop for a week.

“It’s me and a Finn who they have called there to look at.”

Newcastle first laid eyes on the Swede, who was only promoted to the BK Olympic first team last season, during what he describes as a “large cup in Brondby.”

It’s not known who that other Finnish player is, but the pair will be hoping to fare a lot better than young Dutchman Dani Koks did earlier this summer.

The former Ajax midfielder and youth-level international was on trial on Tyneside for more than a month but didn’t do enough to earn a deal.

Once they got that Otamendi money, and I saw them linked with him, it was always going to be likely. Oh well.

They didn't get any money did they?

Sure some of it was offset against Negredo's transfer wasn't it?