NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we spend £20m or so on two defenders we'd honestly look like we want to do something. It could be a case we've got our sights set on a big defensive name, but they've been put off by our squad. Bet a few more are interested now.

I'm genuinely thinking that we have bigger problems at LB and RB. Obviously we need a new starting CB to replace Colo, but doesn't matter who is in the middle when they will get constantly raped from the side. Haidara seems to have gone backwards and looks like a rabbit in headlights, yet he is still better than dummett. Janmaat looks shakey but will hopefully come back to form. We have no-one to push him for a starting spot though.

A decent centre half will see this the most successful transfer window in recent times. Failure to do so would see us carry on leaking. Pretty important.

I think a left back is more realistic to be honest. I can't see colo being dropped right away and I can't see a new centre half sitting on the bench.

A decent centre half will see this the most successful transfer window in recent times. Failure to do so would see us carry on leaking. Pretty important.

We need someone who can play at FB, Colo isn't being dropped and you could argue that Lascelles gives us more cover.

If we get that someone to cover at FB then I would be inclined to say that this has been our most successful window under Ashley. It doesn't exactly take much beating, but still.

I could live without a CB if we could get an actual capable LB.

If we did somehow get a CB and no LB, then would Colo work as a Temporary LB? Certainly has a bit more leeway in that position.

If we did somehow get a CB and no LB, then would Colo work as a Temporary LB? Certainly has a bit more leeway in that position.

Colo would make a terrible left back.

He makes a terrible cb.

Please explain? He's got to be used as he's captain, I just think he'd be less of a liability there.

Please explain? He's got to be used as he's captain, I just think he'd be less of a liability there.

I just don't feel he's suitable for the position at all and has also never played left back in his career to my knowledge.

If we insisted on starting him it'd be as an anchor in 3 man midfield.

Yee having a laugh?  :lol:

I just don't feel he's suitable for the position at all and has also never played left back in his career to my knowledge.

If we insisted on starting him it'd be as an anchor in 3 man midfield.

He's already done that position and was ripped to shreds.

Guest chicken little

Yee having a laugh?  :lol:

:tobey:

Would be so typical us if we don't sign any more defenders despite spending £50m and only getting one CB :lol:

Our season f***ing makes or breaks depending on this. Lets pray!

Keegan did alright with a duff defence. :lol: Anyway, we've added two central defenders to the squad not just the one, and still have Good, Satka, Damnit, Tayls, Williamson and Colo fighting it out. Imagine we need to get rid of a couple before expecting another one in.

I think a left back is more realistic to be honest. I can't see colo being dropped right away and I can't see a new centre half sitting on the bench.

I agree, Colo signing the new contract must have ruled out any move for a cb, which is a shame because the weakness in the air is all too apparent in that department. We've already conceded 3 goals to headers albeit Janmaat was responsible for one of them, and we are only 2 games in.