NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We can't take any risks at all with this CB signing. Has to be cast-iron guaranteed.

:snod:

Yep and it is going to cost us. This can't be done on the cheap imo.

Unless we unleash the Perez scout/scoutess/thing and he/ she comes up with a blinder...

Otherwise get your cheque book out fatty and prepare to go large...and for once not on the fries.

We can't take any risks at all with this CB signing. Has to be cast-iron guaranteed.

Yep and it is going to cost us. This can't be done on the cheap imo.

Unless we unleash the Perez scout/scoutess/thing and he/ she comes up with a blinder...

Otherwise get your cheque book out fatty and prepare to go large...and for once not on the fries.

We already tried the Perez scout thing and ended up with Lascelles.

Guest Roger Kint

Isn't that Balanta guy supposed quite highly rated?  I am sure I read some articles about him a while ago.

Tim Vickory absolutely loves him. Be a bit dubious about bringing in someone from Argentinian leagues to help in a relegation fight though. He does tick all our boxes mind, 8 months on contract, young and bound to increase in value.

Apparently his injury record is poor. And that's BEFORE coming here.

He'll never play again. Seen Granit Xhaka's name mentioned a few times by Douglas recently for our gaping CM weakness. Any good?

Far too good for us

He'll never play again. Seen Granit Xhaka's name mentioned a few times by Douglas recently for our gaping CM weakness. Any good?

Yes he is, physical with good height and can play. We would do well to get someone like that.

He's quality. Not a chance though.

Isn't that Balanta guy supposed quite highly rated?  I am sure I read some articles about him a while ago.

Tim Vickory absolutely loves him. Be a bit dubious about bringing in someone from Argentinian leagues to help in a relegation fight though. He does tick all our boxes mind, 8 months on contract, young and bound to increase in value.

Relying on a kid fresh from Argentina would be absolute lunacy. River don't need to sell either since they shifted Funes Mori to Everton so he'd cost a premium.

We should've had Xhaka from Basel.

Some canny signings those. Was impressed with Xhaka watching Basel last season.

His contract runs 'til 2019 btw.

I recall in pre-season banging on that we should find a Serbian CB (mate/calming influence for Mitro). Tomovic is on Disco's list (out of contract at Fiorentia come June). My extensive research (ahem...) shows he looks a bit like Thauvin, wears Colback's number, has 'tackling' as a weakness (!) and likes to play short passes. That's good enough for me. Sold! Oh, hang on, he's 28...we'll never buy him.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/42860/Show/Nenad-Tomovic

Guest Roger Kint

Relying on a kid fresh from Argentina would be absolute lunacy. River don't need to sell either since they shifted Funes Mori to Everton so he'd cost a premium.

We should've had Xhaka from Basel.

Some canny signings those. Was impressed with Xhaka watching Basel last season.

His contract runs 'til 2019 btw.

Pre contract talks in January if we wanted though so cant imagine huge fees, not that i would want him for our immediate problems anyway

I recall in pre-season banging on that we should find a Serbian CB (mate/calming influence for Mitro). Tomovic is on Disco's list (out of contract at Fiorentia come June). My extensive research (ahem...) shows he looks a bit like Thauvin, wears Colback's number, has 'tackling' as a weakness (!) and likes to play short passes. That's good enough for me. Sold! Oh, hang on, he's 28...we'll never buy him.

Why would you want a CB with tackling as a weakness?

Why would you want a CB with tackling as a weakness?

:dowie: