NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hmmm ... We always go back, and there were very strong rumours we bid for Rolan multiple times in the summer.

Why not go back for Lacazette who is not being pursued as much as he was previously by bigger clubs it seems. Too expensive no doubt.

Instead taking more risks on someone who could be boom or bust. Standard!

I actually forgot that Carrick was out of contract in the summer... would be a decent buy to replace one of the headless chickens running around in the middle nowadays :)

Rolan would be a big risk considering his position is mainly ST, but he can cover all front 4 positions. Bet he wount cross anything into the box so wtf?

I've never been that into Carrick as a player but I think he'd be an excellent signing in January on an 18-month contract or whatever.  We need some experience/leadership.

Him alongside an experienced PL centre half in this window would see us through this season IMO, it goes against our barking mad transfer policy but needs must.

People might say alot of weird shit about Carrick, but he will have the ability we're lacking unless you wanna blast shitloads on Xhaka and take the gambool that he will arrive, cuz he most likely wount. Who the fuck would? Carrick is a local lad atleast and would grasp the significance on wtf is happening RIGHT now.

Feels weird to say/type too, that he might be the saviour this season. We lack the clear ability to pass the ball forward instead of backward in the midfield department and we lack the vision to change the speed of play. He will fix that. Experience might help in calming some down too, being somewhat vocal and finger pointing :o

I don't think Carrick would work out like that if only signed for 18 months or so, instead of 4 or 5 years like Butt was. 

He's from Wallsend, he's achieved all there is to achieve in the game, but I think he's still got a bit of hunger in him.  He's also streets ahead of our current midfield options.

There's no point discussing it really as we know how stubborn the club are with their transfer policy.

It might feel a bit Nolan/Taylor in January 2009 but we're talking about a different calibre of player here.  Him and a centre half who knows what they're doing, we'd be sound.

Tbh I think we'll see NUFC operating like normal, I think we'll sign 1 or 2 players but not the type of players we need in terms of character/experience/position.  They always know better man, they'll want to flukily scrape past relegation yet again and carry on like they're doing a great job.

I get the argument for Carrick given his experience and good passing. I do worry though that our biggest issue in the middle is about being bullied and not having the combination of strength, pace and technique to control the game from there. So far there we haven't been able to impose our play on another team at all, other than to sucker punch. I can't see Carrick enabling us to turn around our play in that fashion, but it he would provide an upgrade on what we have.

If we get Carrick we still need that classy DM/CM to martial the midfield and nullify our opponents before it gets to our defensive line. Tiote has only ever showed glimpses of it years ago, he has to go as he isn't that player. The rest are OK supporting acts but they can't hack it full time in the middle.

Don't think Carrick has the legs to play in centre mid for a team like us but at least he'd be an upgrade on what we have

Considering our biggest problem in midfield is the lack of mobility and drive I don't see how signing another old crock is going to help. Carrick's been a top player but he's not what we need now. We need a Kante type of signing.

Is there any value in the leadership/experience he'd bring, besides him being a quality player?  We're really lacking that, it does make a huge difference.  Listen to Keegan talking about football and he says you need 4-5 real winners in the dressing room to challenge for the league, Robson had a committee of experienced players that would do the same.  I think we're seriously lacking that at the moment, the most experienced PL players in our squad are Coloccini/Sissoko and they're mutes.

Is there any value in the leadership/experience he'd bring, besides him being a quality player?  We're really lacking that, it does make a huge difference.  Listen to Keegan talking about football and he says you need 4-5 real winners in the dressing room to challenge for the league, Robson had a committee of experienced players that would do the same.  I think we're seriously lacking that at the moment, the most experienced PL players in our squad are Coloccini/Sissoko and they're mutes.

Well if he replaced Colback I wouldn't grumble I suppose. Just not convinced he'd actually turn out to be a leader on the pitch if his legs aren't what they were.

He was never really a runner now, was he?

It shows in the way he position himself... I don't really feel like Cabaye was ever that ENGINE everyone claims is missing or wanted, and passing wise I think Carrick still got it.

Tiote in front of back 4 and Carrick alongside to Pirlo-pass, would suffice. Think about it... obv. not long-term, but as it seems we only wanna get by, this might be the best, viable and cheap option. Will never happen tho... :)

What happened to Mohamed Diame? Thought he looked great and was just the type we needed in CM.  I see now he's at Hull 3rd in the Championship.  Is he too shit for the Prem now?

edit: he's 28, never mind