NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guingamp want Marveaux according to GFF.

may as well sell hi, he clearly isnt going to get a game here, so he's a waste of a squad space in that respect.

we need to then fill that squad place with someone worth having mind, which is the problem.

may as well sell hi, he clearly isnt going to get a game here, so he's a waste of a squad space in that respect.

we need to then fill that squad place with someone worth having mind, which is the problem.

Sell [emoji38]

On a free with us paying a wedge of his wages until his contract expires is the best hope we've got.

Sell [emoji38]

On a free with us paying a wedge of his wages until his contract expires is the best hope we've got.

aye, true, although we're getting a fee for williamson, so who knows! :lol:

Sell [emoji38]

aye, true, although we're getting a fee for williamson, so who knows! [emoji38]

inglish premium in action!

I don't think Dawson is amazing but he would make a better centre half club captain than Coloccini.

Also, I know some myself included decry the lack of British backbone and leadership in the team, but we also miss leadership amongst the foreign ranks.

Ba and Cabaye were very influential in terms of being able to speak good English and also being leaders amongst the French speaking players so are missed as more than just players.

If there was some player available in France even if they lack real ability it could be an option.

Guest Roger Kint

Would probably just fully withdraw my support from the club if we signed Dawson. And Wullie would beat me to it.

Rather have Curtis Davies and thats saying something :lol:

Michael Dawson? :lol:

32 and currently in the Championship. Says everything about his career and current ability.

Michael Dawson linked in the Telegraph...

I just don't understand whu the journos still mention players like him. It's like they haven't followed Newcastle for the last 7-8 years.

I think the reason is that he might be a player McClaren wants and is trying to persuade the board to change their blueprint.  Signings like this would just probably just harden their stance as I think he would be a massive failure.

Michael Dawson? :lol:

32 and currently in the Championship. Says everything about his career and current ability.

Michael Dawson linked in the Telegraph...

I just don't understand whu the journos still mention players like him. It's like they haven't followed Newcastle for the last 7-8 years.

I think the reason is that he might be a player McClaren wants and is trying to persuade the board to change their blueprint.  Signings like this would just probably just harden their stance as I think he would be a massive failure.

Not that I think there's anything in this rumour, but if Dawson ended up here and the defence continued to leak goals then McClaren would need to walk. Massive indictment of the club if this is the sort of shite we are now trying to sign.

Really not sure about Shelvey, does he really do anything with the ball?  Because his stats don't suggest he does, he doesn't get a game for Swansea lately and their fans don't seem to like him either.