NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why haven't we signed a goalkeeper on loan?  Rumour was that since Krul was injured on international duty the Dutch FA would pick up the tab for a replacement, if that's true then not having someone in place to join on day 1 of the transfer window is rank incompetence.  Even if they're not picking up the tab, not arranging for a backup keeper to come in on loan on day 1 of the transfer window is rank incompetence.

Why? Elliot is playing well and we have probably at least 5 positions who are more important to stenghten than a new keeper.

He's been close to missing games through injury a few times already and has missed one through illness.  He's in the form of his life right now but cannot be relied upon to keep that form up and stay injury free for the remainder of the season.  Darlow as backup is not ready for this level of competition and Woodman is completely untested.

Why haven't we signed a goalkeeper on loan?  Rumour was that since Krul was injured on international duty the Dutch FA would pick up the tab for a replacement, if that's true then not having someone in place to join on day 1 of the transfer window is rank incompetence.  Even if they're not picking up the tab, not arranging for a backup keeper to come in on loan on day 1 of the transfer window is rank incompetence.

a goalkeeper is the last thing needed, Elliot's fine its everything in front of him thats the problem

Why? Elliot is playing well and we have probably at least 5 positions who are more important to stenghten than a new keeper.

He's been close to missing games through injury a few times already and has missed one through illness.  He's in the form of his life right now but cannot be relied upon to keep that form up and stay injury free for the remainder of the season.  Darlow as backup is not ready for this level of competition and Woodman is completely untested.

Aye, and what if Mbemba gets injured? Or Janmaat? Or Mitrovic?

How would Carroll help us, considering we barely play to Mitrovic's strengths now? :lol:

He'd be nee good by himself as you say and would need someone to supply the ammo. Moot though as we wouldn't pay what West Ham want. Also would be a waste as he'd be permanently knackered anyway.

How would Carroll help us, considering we barely play to Mitrovic's strengths now? :lol:

Carroll is light-years ahead of Mitrovic in the air like.

Our main outlet in attack is Janmaat and Sissoko flinging shite in from the right, Carroll would be far more suited to dealing with it.

Not saying he would be amazing like, but Mitrovic isn't going to dominate any CB pairing in the air like Carroll can.

Haven't seen Camacho tbh, he's a DM? is he good?

Aye, think so. Have we been linked with him?

Predictably only tenuously but here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-closing-transfer-malagas-ignacio-7108582

From that article:

Tottenham and Newcastle have also checked out Camacho but have not been encouraged by Malaga’s response.

Camacho’s deal, which runs until 2019, includes a buy-out clause of around £6.5million.

Who cares about Malaga's response if he has a buy-out clause?  :lol:

We've created chances though. Just haven't put them away. We should have been at least 6-7 points better off over the last 4 games alone. (De Jong v Villa, Mitro v Everton, Wijnaldum today). I think Carroll or Austin in there and we're in a much healthier position.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-closing-transfer-malagas-ignacio-7108582

From that article:

Tottenham and Newcastle have also checked out Camacho but have not been encouraged by Malaga’s response.

Camacho’s deal, which runs until 2019, includes a buy-out clause of around £6.5million.

I thought that exact thing, fuck them. Their response can be whatever the fuck they like if the release is met.  I've not seen him play but ahe's 6ft and a DM which is enough to interest me, no homo

And Spanish, so hopefully good with the ball  :D

Camacho is decent from what i saw of him a few years ago, no idea what he's like now. Wouldn't particularly say he's the imposing, physical DM most seem to want though, i mean he's no Anita or anything but most of style of play was more about intelligent positioning, high work rate and clean in the tackle.

He's very good on the ball though ( at least compared to what we have anyway), much better passer than we have in that position and good ball control in tight spaces.

From that article:

Probably because our bid was like £500k :)

Carroll is light-years ahead of Mitrovic in the air like.

Our main outlet in attack is Janmaat and Sissoko flinging s**** in from the right, Carroll would be far more suited to dealing with it.

Not saying he would be amazing like, but Mitrovic isn't going to dominate any CB pairing in the air like Carroll can.

Think Mitrovic holds the ball up better than Carroll and uses his body better, but Carroll is much better in attacking the ball and a better finisher with his head.

I remember Carroll as a different player when he was at us though, whether he was just young an hungry or if he just cared more when he was here. He used to be all over the front line. I remember when we got battered off Bolton and he was the only player still chasing every ball. Never really seen that since though.

Carroll is a better player than Mitrovic, but it's all pointless if he's injured every time someone sneezes on him.

Carroll and Mitrovic are both supporting acts at the moment. Carroll is a permacrock who isn't available for most of the season and Mitrovic can't finish.

If he stays fit West Ham will get into Europe, he won't be leaving.

Not a chance in hell. I realize they are 6th at the moment but they are not staying there just like Leicester are not staying in the top 4.

I would bet you 100 pound one of them events will occur

Guest chopey

I think Austin is a must now, we need goals and he is proven, I don't think it's a choice between him and mitrovic I don't see why they can't play in the same team in the correct formation