NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got to the stage where I don't understand why people get their knickers in a twist about transfers. All I'm bothered about is watching and supporting whoever turns up in the shirt on the day. It's the only way to stay sane. (And then lose it when pards subs Anita off for Cisse or Obertan).

Really? It's not difficult. People strive for better in all walks of life why should they aim for or accept less from their football club?

It's not like there's anything I can personally do about it, so why get myself frustrated over something I can't control? I suppose I could pray for new signings, except I'm not religious.

Got to the stage where I don't understand why people get their knickers in a twist about transfers. All I'm bothered about is watching and supporting whoever turns up in the shirt on the day. It's the only way to stay sane. (And then lose it when pards subs Anita off for Cisse or Obertan).

Really? It's not difficult. People strive for better in all walks of life why should they aim for or accept less from their football club?

It's not like there's anything I can personally do about it, so why get myself frustrated over something I can't control? I suppose I could pray for new signings, except I'm not religious.

You could boycoutt the club :bluestar:

The list of things in the world you can personally affect is remarkably small. You must be very serene.

:lol: I'm not serene at all, and of course you are right. It's just a matter of priorities. We'll all still be here supporting the club no matter who we sign or don't sign. Why is it so hard to understand that having been through the same charade with the current ownership - their posturing, penny pinching antics etc. - that one can get numb to it after a while? Naturally I want what's best for the club, and unfortunately the current owner isn't it. I've grown to get the feeling that the transfer windows are there largely to help the press get clicks and audiences as fans clamour over their clubs' next signings. In our case, some windows we do decent business in, and others we do none. This time last year was a pleasant surprise for example. Case of expect the worst and hope for the best.

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Doucoure-plait-a-newcastle/434924

France Football saying Abdoulaye Doucoure from Rennes is being watched, and we "could go on the offensive in the next few days", which I think literally translates to preparing a bid.

Afro-French with 6 months contract.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2gbeQnH1XuRx8h0KA15NCGgxdnwVsQYVPBKOLTfrs1KjNd-mRtQ

NUFC transfers:

Aware of -> Watching -> Monitoring -> On the verge -> Preparing a bid -> Transfer window shuts -> Spiel about magic lines -> News we have a huge list of targets for the next window

Reading this thread, you'd have thought we never sign any players.

We know that Ashley won't pay over the odds, but this relentless pessimism isn't justified.

Well it kind of is isn't it? We had a great window last January but the last couple of summer windows have been horrific.

We always seem to be a couple of players away from a massive improvement to the squad and there always seems to be the sort of players we need available for very little expenditure but we seem desperate to shoot ourselves in the foot every time.

Guest Brazilianbob

My take on JFK is that his job is to find players that are available on loan rather than on permanent transfer, hence Remy on loan and De Jong on loan.  When they go back to their clubs at the end of the season it will be a case of JFK finding another couple of strikers on loan with Campbell and Gouffran as backup.  It fits in with our business model.  Why pay millions for a striker who we then struggle to hold on to.  If we showcase other teams strikers on loan and they are successfull the parent club can then sell for a decent fee which they couldnt command before the loan.  It wouldnt surprise me if we end up making the parent club pay us to take the players on loan!!!!!

We know that Ashley won't pay over the odds, but this relentless pessimism isn't justified.

It clearly is, the only time Ashley has made any sort of attempt to improve us is when we he risked 10's of millions.

Unless we break the bank it's hard to get players to move at this time of the year. On top of that we can question the quality available, Gomis and De jong? They may add numbers but not the quality to improve our season

They certainly don't look worth breaking the bank for.

While Shola fucking Ameobi is still starting games any striker is worth breaking the bloody bank for.

Unless we break the bank it's hard to get players to move at this time of the year. On top of that we can question the quality available, Gomis and De jong? They may add numbers but not the quality to improve our season

While Shola f***ing Ameobi is still starting games any striker is worth breaking the bloody bank for.

Exactly. I've seen people talk with great authority about how De Jong or Gomis aren't now apparently good enough for us to spend more than a few million pounds on. Besides from the fact they've probably barely seen either player live, do these people realise that there has been a huge inflation in transfer fees since we set the world transfer record with Shearer not so long ago?

While Shola f***ing Ameobi is still starting games any striker is worth breaking the bloody bank for.

Exactly. I've seen people talk with great authority about how De Jong or Gomis aren't now apparently good enough for us to spend more than a few million pounds on. Besides from the fact they've probably barely seen either player live, do these people realise that there has been a huge inflation in transfer fees since we set the world transfer record with Shearer not so long ago?

:thup:

I am not one of those 'replace shit player with someone slightly less shit' people but if Gomis or De Jong aren't massively better than Shola there is something wrong with football!

Well it kind of is isn't it? We had a great window last January but the last couple of summer windows have been horrific.

We always seem to be a couple of players away from a massive improvement to the squad and there always seems to be the sort of players we need available for very little expenditure but we seem desperate to shoot ourselves in the foot every time.

It's a standing joke between managers that at every club, there's a widespread belief among supporters that the team is only two or three good players away from success and if only the Board could see that etc etc

Finding those players who really will improve the team, and signing them in the face of competition from other clubs is a different matter.

It's a standing joke between managers that at every club, there's a widespread belief among supporters that the team is only two or three good players away from success and if only the Board could see that etc etc

Finding those players who really will improve the team, and signing them in the face of competition from other clubs is a different matter.

Redmond went to Norwich for about £2m, Douglas went for free. That is two positions we need competition in but ignored.

Guest bimpy474

The Redmond type of player we will never sign until Obertan is gone. Unless Pardew accepts he made a mistake with him it's unlikely unless lightbulb wants to go. We need a striker but are hesitating because we have Shola.

Our board seem to look at the numbers rather than the quality, never more so than the purple player shit Dekka came out with.  I would have classed Willo in that type but not right now as he has been excellent.

:lol: Hilarious thing to say when we signed nobody last summer and look like doing the same this window.

Going a year without making a permanent signing doesn't really fit with what you're saying, if we keep signing players at this rate the best we'll ever do is tread water.

:lol: Hilarious thing to say when we signed nobody last summer and look like doing the same this window.

Going a year without making a permanent signing doesn't really fit with what you're saying, if we keep signing players at this rate the best we'll ever do is tread water.

Guesswhowinsagain.jpg