NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When everyone's fit, I imagine it'll still be Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, HBA, Gouffran, Remy. Is that not top 8 quality to you?

f*** it, we're only 5 behind Everton man, their main striker is f***ed, they have to come to St James'...why not finish higher still? Have some belief even if the club don't man. We're good enough.

We'll go 4-4-2 at the first opportunity.

What's so funny? He wasn't in the side, Cabaye leaves, he's now in the side.

He'll not be playing long, who do you think will drop out for de Jong?

When everyone's fit, I imagine it'll still be Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, HBA, Gouffran, Remy. Is that not top 8 quality to you?

Fuck it, we're only 5 behind Everton man, their main striker is fucked, they have to come to St James'...why not finish higher still? Have some belief even if the club don't man. We're good enough.

Who's scoring the goals?

What's so funny? He wasn't in the side, Cabaye leaves, he's now in the side.

He'll not be playing long, who do you think will drop out for de Jong?

f*** it, we're only 5 behind Everton man, their main striker is f***ed, they have to come to St James'...why not finish higher still? Have some belief even if the club don't man. We're good enough.

Who's scoring the goals?

3 years ago people were saying the same and then Best & even Lovenkrands were getting goals. There's goals in this team.

De Jong = Cisse - woefully lacking confidence, playing minutes.. except at least Cisse has had time to adapt to the league and has scored goals here. De Jong is a complete gamble. Given our previous form coaching players with confidence issues I don't see him staying on past May.

By the same token, we needed a striker and have one. :undecided:

We've lost the player who makes us tick and we've loaned a player who hasn't started a game in almost a year.

We've also effectively gained Ben Arfa though by default.

Even Joe Kinnear wouldn't try and claim that. :lol:

I don't think the club are particularly bothered about top 6-7 to get us into Europe but I still see no reason we can't get there. There's still enough about us to do it.

Tiote, Sissoko, Anita, Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Remy, De Jong.

There's still 7 very good players in those positions.

Can you fucking imagine their reaction if we stumbled into the Europa places? :lol:

Ha Ha ........Pardew could find himself in a position where the only team he can possibly pick is our most attacking  best team

De Jong is probably gonna be massively shite.

He will probably struggle at first but it would be nice to think he won't get the typical game and a half before he is labled as shite and we have decided he isn't good enough.

By the way how can people continue to believe we want to be in Europe when we're two wins from 5th and yet are so obviously content to tread water to the end of the season after having sold our best performer without a replacement?

Any sort of modest investment would give us a better shout. The only thing to ensure we don't do better than where we are at the moment is what we've done.

Agreed.  If we kept Cabaye and just add a couple of player we could have been in with a shout of even 4th.  Someone was on Talksport the other day saying this season is more important that ever to get into the Champions League due to the money now for those in the competition.  He said you are talking a generation gap between those who qualify and those who don't.  Very much feel it's a missed opportunity. :sad:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-vs-sunderland-alan-pardew-3098191

“I can’t argue where we are in the table. Eighth. That’s probably top of the league for us. We've got to try and maintain that position in the second half, that’s what we intend to do.”

There it is.

he also said
“If you look at the all-time league table, financial structure, we’re eighth. I want to better that. We’ve done it once, when we finished fifth.

"Eighth is our average position all the years of the Premier League. How can we better it? That’s what I want to try and do.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-vs-sunderland-alan-pardew-3098191#ixzz2s1J9Q2iM

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-vs-sunderland-alan-pardew-3098191

“I can’t argue where we are in the table. Eighth. That’s probably top of the league for us. We've got to try and maintain that position in the second half, that’s what we intend to do.”

There it is.

he also said
“If you look at the all-time league table, financial structure, we’re eighth. I want to better that. We’ve done it once, when we finished fifth.

"Eighth is our average position all the years of the Premier League. How can we better it? That’s what I want to try and do.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-vs-sunderland-alan-pardew-3098191#ixzz2s1J9Q2iM

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Our average Premiership finish without him is 7.5, if we finish 8th with him it will be an average of 10th with him.