NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 32s

Cardiff are eyeing a move for Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse. #nufc #cardiffcity #SkyDeadlineDay

If true and happens, another few quid in the sky rocket

I have criticised him a lot recently but we need him to stay.

Fucking predictable and embarrassing. Again. Will be the same story in the summer.

More money he keeps the quicker our loan to him is gone and he has no reason to stay

I would love to believe in this concept. It would make me feel slightly better about the lack of ambition.

1 Manchester City £479,950,000

2 Chelsea £269,759,000

3 Manchester United £138,750,000

4 Stoke City £91,175,000

5 Liverpool £89,400,000

6 Aston Villa £86,000,000

7 Southampton £60,750,000

8 Hull City £47,775,000

9 Sunderland £46,930,000

10 Cardiff City £40,470,000

11 West Ham £30,550,000

12 Norwich City £21,650,000

13 Swansea £18,745,000

14 West Bromwich Albion £14,726,000

15 Crystal Palace £11,950,000

16 Fulham £10,880,000

17 Tottenham £3,850,000

18 Arsenal -£4,125,000

19 Everton -£12,315,500

20 Newcastle -£45,000,000

I'm all for investing in facilities and anything else that takes the club forward behind the scenes. I don't care where the money is, why we're not spending it, etc. I'm also not expecting to be in the top 5 or even the top 10 of that list at this point.

But 20th? Dead last behind the likes of Crystal Palace, Norwich, and West Brom? Even if you take out Carroll we're 19th and barely ahead of Everton who were apparently broke. It's outrageous what is happening right now.

We seem wandering from club to club cap in hand "Spare any midfielders guv, just a loan sir you'll get em back honest. We lost ours and just need a loan to get us back on our feet."

Fucking predictable and embarrassing. Again. Will be the same story in the summer.

More money he keeps the quicker our loan to him is gone and he has no reason to stay

If you owned a business you could skim £40m a year off of, would you let it go?

f***ing predictable and embarrassing. Again. Will be the same story in the summer.

If you owned a business you could skim £40m a year off of, would you let it go?

…not to mention the millions in free advertising.  Winner winner, Chicken dinner.

f***ing predictable and embarrassing. Again. Will be the same story in the summer.

I would love to believe in this concept. It would make me feel slightly better about the lack of ambition.

I honestly believe if he got his money back he'd stay, not only to keep taking but because of the huge amount of media exposure his shitty brand gets for free on a weekly basis.

I honestly believe if he got his money back he'd stay, not only to keep taking but because of the huge amount of media exposure his shitty brand gets for free on a weekly basis.

No s*** sherlock.. :lol:

Honestly, this line of thought is akin to expecting your anti social neighbours to move out of their house once (and because) they've paid back their mortgage.

How can we drive him out (I dont think not turning up is an option)

Unfortunately I think that's the only way - season ticket sales first would be a big indicator - if there's a huge drop in ST sales, it might make him sit up, due to the loss of guaranteed ticket revenue.

Then it he would be relying on the 'on the day' gate receipts.... just have to hope enough stayed away.

However, a no-show of fans at home games would doubtless affect the team, so its a difficult one to know whats for the best.

Think first, we have to hope there enough of a drop in ST renewals or even cancellations to make him take notice.

Graham Carr should jack it in and get a job with a club with ambition.

Luckiest man alive tbh, gets to fly around the world watching whatever game he wants knowing that we won't sign anyone he recommends so he has absolutely no pressure to get it right. Probably get a fair old whack to do it as well.

It's better than my job anyway.

He must feel like he's wasting his life and talent, scouring the French leagues for months on end for what?? A lowball transfer offer and throw on the stack of oh we tried paperwork.

Luckiest man alive tbh, gets to fly around the world watching whatever game he wants knowing that we won't sign anyone he recommends so he has absolutely no pressure to get it right. Probably get a fair old whack to do it as well.

It's better than my job anyway.

Fair point but we certainly aren't utilising him to his best ability.

@lee_ryder: Cardiff City have made a late, late bid to try to sign Papiss Cisse on loan. But they are facing a race against time to get him #nufc #ccfc

I think he does need a run of games to try and get his touch/confidence back (and learn the offside trap), but we can't give him that time, so a loan could be an ideal option..... if it wasn't 2.5hrs till the window shuts.

So with that, I'd tell them to **** off!

@lee_ryder: Cardiff City have made a late, late bid to try to sign Papiss Cisse on loan. But they are facing a race against time to get him #nufc #ccfc

I think he does need a run of games to try and get his touch back (and learn the offside trap), but we can't give him that time, so a loan could be an ideal option..... if it wasn't 2.5hrs till the window shuts.

So with that, I'd tell them to **** off!

We wouldn't be loaning him out with a view to getting him back in form.

How can we drive him out (I dont think not turning up is an option)

There is no way sadly, unless you could get 50% of the crowd to stay away for a long time. And even then, he would need to find a buyer. And even then, it would be blind luck whether the buyer was better or worse.