NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But guuuuuys, remember we only signed players last January, because we needed to push our summer transfer targets ahead to avoid relegation. This means we will be signing players in the summer for definate. :yao:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-vs-sunderland-alan-pardew-3098191

“I can’t argue where we are in the table. Eighth. That’s probably top of the league for us. We've got to try and maintain that position in the second half, that’s what we intend to do.”

There it is.

Champions!  :frantic:

We are such a joke club, its depressing how low the ambition is

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-vs-sunderland-alan-pardew-3098191

“I can’t argue where we are in the table. Eighth. That’s probably top of the league for us. We've got to try and maintain that position in the second half, that’s what we intend to do.”

There it is.

Champions!  :frantic:

Of all Parews quotes ranging from every player that comes into the team is like a new signing to getting beat by science that on has to take the biscuit.

By finishing 8th we are top of the league !!!!!!!!!

He must think we really are just a bunch of thick hillbillies 

"That’s probably top of the league for us."

No Alan, it's 8th. It'll always be 8th.

How can you say 8th is top of the league when two years ago we were 5th? :lol:

Probably the most depressing quote I've ever heard come from him. Awful. We're so fucking small time.

There it is.

:fuuu:

It sounds like a fake quote that somebody on here would make up to sarcastically poke fun at our ambitions. Instead the fucking guy has actually said it, unbelievable. Here I am waiting for the biggest game of our season to start, and our manager says that we've achieved all we can. Why bother if we are already 'top of the league'? We must be glory hunters. 

It's well worth reading the entirety of what he said, and putting the quote in context.

Not specifically addressed at you, Ian.

It's still an utterly ridiculous sentence.

I think he realised that the minute he said it, and then tried to correct the impression.

Often Pardew is his own worst enemy when a microphone is stuck in front of him. I think what he wanted to put across is that supporters shouldn't actually complain about us being 8th, given the teams above us. He should either come out and say that, or say nothing.

That's a terrible quote that! :(

It's well worth reading the entirety of what he said, and putting the quote in context.

Nothing that Pardew spouts is worth reading. He´s such a bullshitter and lier, it´s incredible. That some fans still have sympathy for him. Absolutely outrageous.

I´ve read it all in entirety btw, for the sake of the discussion, and it´s utter dross from him. To say 8th is the top of the league for us - it´s just a blatant lie.

The guys a clown, no debate.

But I could pull one line from any manager in the world and make them look a twat.

There's not one thing wrong with what he says. 7th or 8th is where we fit in terms of club size, revenue etc but he wants to give it a go to go higher.

But I could pull one line from any manager in the world and make them look a t***.

There's not one thing wrong with what he says. 7th or 8th is where we fit in terms of club size, revenue etc but he wants to give it a go to go higher.

Well, our manager is certainly building up some collection.

But I could pull one line from any manager in the world and make them look a t***.

Can we not compete with Everton? They have actual money problems and still manage to have a go. Even Spurs don't spend that much compared to what they sell, they just reinvest the money. Both clubs are similar in size to ours but both of them have the ambition to do more. At least they could sell us some false hope. If we do end up 7th or 8th then so be it, but at least try.

It's still an utterly ridiculous sentence.

I think he realised that the minute he said it, and then tried to correct the impression.

Often Pardew is his own worst enemy when a microphone is stuck in front of him. I think what he wanted to put across is that supporters shouldn't actually complain about us being 8th, given the teams above us. He should either come out and say that, or say nothing.

Maybe a microphone is stuck in front of him every half time. ;)

Please tell me that you are joking.

You can't possibly believe that it is correct when a manager thinks, and/or says, that 8th is as far as his team can go ?