NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cant see us signing anyone until the team is back from NZ, and can't really see us signing anything other than a Striker, although an option on the right would be great considering we don't have anyone

With marveaux off and Hatem, Obertan, ferguson and Jonas close behind we need a winger, no doubt about that. Fact he is versatile just acts as a huge bonus.

Still, looks like he was the backup option to Janmaat, be surprised and delighted if we got him.

Just cant see us spending

With marveaux off and Hatem, Obertan, ferguson and Jonas close behind we need a winger, no doubt about that. Fact he is versatile just acts as a huge bonus.

Still, looks like he was the backup option to Janmaat, be surprised and delighted if we got him.

Just cant see us spending 8 million on one, unless we really are serious about evolving. We have been desperate for a right sided player for years having pushed all sorts of players out there.

So do we believe our press or theirs? I say it a canny bit on here but something like that is a bit specific and random for a Chilean media outlet to make up.

God knows, don't trust our media to get anything right and aren't kept informed, however doesn't seem like something we would do

So do we believe our press or theirs? I say it a canny bit on here but something like that is a bit specific and random for a Chilean media outlet to make up.

The detail was extraordinary. Full page spread and everything. Seemed very specific ... let's party!

I mean, what audience would they make that up for in their own country. "Let's make up a story that Isla is going to Newcastle for 4 years for $14m."

Doesn't make sense. I reckon there's something there.

Aye, true of all the teams why pick us if just a rumour. They must have something, but then why sign Jaanmat?

The detail was extraordinary. Full page spread and everything. Seemed very specific ... let's party!

:lol:

I mean, what audience would they make that up for in their own country. "Let's make up a story that Isla is going to Newcastle for 4 years for $14m."

Aye, true of all the teams why pick us if just a rumour. They must have something, but then why sign Jaanmat?

Because Isla operates further forward than Janmaat. You could play the two on the same flank.

Someone else made a good point about Arevalo 4 years back mind, was in the Uruguayan press for a while how he was coming, then there was a quote from his agent saying he was in talks with us but depends on if a move for an Ivorian came in...then a few days later we signed Tiote.

given the clubs recent media tendencies expect an exclusive in the sun tomorrow announcing his arrival which will obviously be official at 11pm to screw over the rest of the papers (I've found all this petty stuff rather amusing), its hard to trust anything the media guys get from "inside sources" because its so blatantly clear how little regard they're held in by the club hierarchy

Doesn't that article suggest we would pay Isla $3.5 mill for 4 years, that's $16,000 per week not likely. Unless it means per year which is prob £40k a week?

Yeah, it would be per year I would imagine.

Doesn't that article suggest we would pay Isla $3.5 mill for 4 years, that's $16,000 per week not likely. Unless it means per year which is prob £40k a week?

the per year seems rather more likely

I thought I would see a reference to Donnay socks or firetrap t-shirts after that and then the 4 years would have made sense :lol:

Bugger Isla would have been a fantastic addition. A quality winger that can double at RB. Boooooo

Why strange mole? We need another winger and he covers other areas. On strange part is the quoted fee.

Wonder if he was the backup option to Tiote, like Arevalo.

Strange as in the fee as you mentioned and there's not many links to wingers, add to the fact Sissoko plays there ( rightly or wrongly)

It just doesn't add up to me, i agree with you btw i would love it if we bought him but knowing the transfers we have made over last 5 years and how the team is currently set up it just doesn't really fall in line with the usual transfer we make.

He's one of the biggest names in Chilean football, probably sell papers/generate hits.

Despite being neither a FB or RM, he could actually be the sort of defensive winger Pardew would love to have on the flank.

An old school damaged goods but come good transfer by us too.

Someone else made a good point about Arevalo 4 years back mind, was in the Uruguayan press for a while how he was coming, then there was a quote from his agent saying he was in talks with us but depends on if a move for an Ivorian came in...then a few days later we signed Tiote.

Probably would've got more cards than Tiote if he'd come :lol:

Isla is far more than a defensive winger IMO. Fantastic going forward. He is a winger/wing-back. If anything he doesn't always defend with discipline. More a forward thinking player, than a defensive one. Though he will certainly put in the work tracking back as needed for sure.