NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've spent what we made from sales. I can't see us spending anything else apart from maybe a striker if a real value signing appears.

So our outgoings match (there or thereabouts) our incomings?

if so I would also be a tad suprised if we 'spend' anything substantial. I expect a loan for a striker if i'm honest, with an option to buy tagged on again.

They can't expect wht we have up front to be enough..surely?

Bare in mind the state of the squad we started last season with  :lol: We loaned Remy in the summer and that was it.

We have a worse squad now.

Arguable I suppose but IMO the squads stronger, assuming Pardew actually uses the players he's been given.  We still need more of course.

Guest Bert Shaft

Bare in mind the state of the squad we started last season with  :lol: We loaned Remy in the summer and that was it.

We are well worth a bet on being the "shock team" to get relegated this season.

We've spent what we made from sales. I can't see us spending anything else apart from maybe a striker if a real value signing appears.

So our outgoings match (there or thereabouts) our incomings?

if so I would also be a tad suprised if we 'spend' anything substantial. I expect a loan for a striker if i'm honest, with an option to buy tagged on again.

They can't expect wht we have up front to be enough..surely?

If the "widely believed" transfer fees are correct, we're about even. Cabaye and Debuchy have almost exactly paid for all of our signings this summer. It's bizarre and yet pathetic how close it is.

I'd say we are stronger than last season so far. The point being that we have a creative player in Cabella who will get games, unlike Ben Arfa. Arguably we are weaker upfront in the sense of recognised striker, but we are stronger in the sense of back ups.

We are stronger than the team who finished last season because we now have a Cabaye replacement, though not directly the same position.

We are only a recognised forward away from being a better squad over all than what started last season, with clubs only just starting their business now there is no need to panic as I think we have done 75% of ours.

A lot of teams so far are weaker than last season as well.

Utter Lunacy to suggest the team is stronger than last year.

Last season we had the possibility of picking an eleven of..... Krul, Debuchy, Williamson, MYM/Colo, Santon, Anita/Tiote, Sissoko, Cabaye, Remy, Ben Arfa and Cisse.

Absolutely no way in hell we are stronger, buying a load of players doesn't mean we are stronger not a chance.

We are well worth a bet on being the "shock team" to get relegated this season.

Nah, I don't think we are, imo we currently have a stronger squad than 11 teams in this league.

Aston Villa

Burnley

Crystal Palace

Hull

Leicester

QPR

Southampton

Sunderland

Swansea

West Brom

West Ham

Who exactly has been bought which is gonna buffer up the squad? Riviere maybe? The rest are just replacements for out going players.

Even Riviere is but considering he's replacing Shola I'll give you that one, fail to see how we are stronger in any way.

I think they're good signings, although more are needed. I don't spend too much time thinking about whether they're better or worse than the outgoing players... Cabella might be worse than Cabaye but then players like Cabaye are extremely hard to get for the money we're willing to spend.

Out:

Remy

Cabaye

Debuchy

Shola

Gosling

Marveaux

In

De Jong

Cabella

Janmaat

Riviere

Colback

Perez

I think three of the players gone are either worse than useless (Shola and Gosling actually hindered us by being here) or are rendered useless by Pardew (Marveaux).

Assuming Pardew can actually use the players brought in (:lol:) its not a stretch to see that as a improvement on squad depth, but it can easily be argued both ways.

Out:

Remy - £0

Cabaye - £20m

Debuchy - £12m

Shola - £0

Gosling - £0

Marveaux - £0

In

De Jong - £6m

Cabella - £12m

Janmaat - £5m

Riviere - £6m

Colback - £0

Perez - £1.6m

Total out = £32m

Total in = £30.6m

Honestly man, if they manage not to spend ANY of the TV money again and the sheep all turn up satisfied when Pardle declares a great window by Mike and co we might as well just pack it in for good. Come back in 10 years and see what's what.

Yep, no possible excuses this time, the money from the new TV deal from last season is in the bank now, at least £30m more than normal so definitely in profit and available to spend.

We're at the business end of transfers now though aren't we.  CFs and CBs of decent quality are the hardest to come by and the costliest to buy. Doesn't help when your manager seems intent on ruining anyone with ability who isn't in the mould of Neil Ruddock or Andy Carroll I guess.

If they don't spend it, what are they going to do with it?

I can't see him trousering it as there'd be uproar.  Possibly a partial repayment of the 'loan' but again, that goes against guarantees MA has given and isn't in his best interests anyway.  Leaving it sitting in the bank is the other option but seems rather pointless and the interest earned would be a pittance to a man used to seeing his money divide like amoebae.

Suppose if we bank £40m a year then eventually the interest payments would go a long way towards operating costs but that's the shittest idea in the world.

If they don't spend it, what are they going to do with it?

I can't see him trousering it as there'd be uproar.  Possibly a partial repayment of the 'loan' but again, that goes against guarantees MA has given and isn't in his best interests anyway.  Leaving it sitting in the bank is the other option but seems rather pointless and the interest earned would be a pittance to a man used to seeing his money divide like amoebae.

Suppose if we bank £40m a year then eventually the interest payments would go a long way towards operating costs but that's the shittest idea in the world.

They'll do with it what they do every year. Absolutely nothing.

I doubt many people even realize that Cabaye and Debuchy have entirely funded these signings and we haven't spent anything yet again.

Think the final scheduled payment of the temp loan Ashley put in is paid back on the next accounts, but doesn't the Wonga money start properly on the same accounts?  They definitely mentioned commercial income would increase significantly in the upcoming accounts so that should cover some of that repayment.