NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We can essentially tag HBA, Jonas and Obertan on that outgoing list two, as none of them look like playing for us again.

I think we are playing the waiting game for Grenier. We can cope without him but like with Anita, I think we will add him if the price is right (or sissoko decides he is off). Other than that we are looking stocked in central midfield.

I don't see us being in the cb market unless Mapou is off. Good to see him get all the game time the other day and I don't feel he is done here. Pardew has already been bigging up the likes of Satka and Streete, plus we have Good returning from injury, plus a decent couple or loan spells. He is also highly rated. Not like we couldn't still do with another but I think we will put faith in what we have.

We desperately need another creative output that can play out wide IMO, someone to compliment Cabella on the right or share the creative burden if he is injured. If it is indeed the 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-4-1-1 formation we are looking to use this season it's that right side attacking position that needs addressing IMO. Buying Grenier could be the simple answer to our creativity, but would mean sissoko back on the wing which isn't ideal. The other option is the glaring hole in our squad in the striking department.what type of striker do we want and need?

Realistically we have Rivière, Cisse and Gouffran. I refuse to count Perez, Armstrong and Campbell as realistic, reliable options this year. Do we need an out and out target man to be our focal point or a skillful creative striker? I'd say the obvious, that we need to spend some serious money on a player like PEA that can play in either position. The afformentioned is likely unrealistic but would be the perfect addition.

We have replaced HBA with Cabella as far as I am concerned, it's a right sided version of Remy we now need to replace.

If they don't spend it, what are they going to do with it?

I can't see him trousering it as there'd be uproar.  Possibly a partial repayment of the 'loan' but again, that goes against guarantees MA has given and isn't in his best interests anyway.  Leaving it sitting in the bank is the other option but seems rather pointless and the interest earned would be a pittance to a man used to seeing his money divide like amoebae.

Suppose if we bank £40m a year then eventually the interest payments would go a long way towards operating costs but that's the shittest idea in the world.

They'll do with it what they do every year. Absolutely nothing.

I doubt many people even realize that Cabaye and Debuchy have entirely funded these signings and we haven't spent anything yet again.

This is the first season where we'll see the extra £30m+ from the new TV deal in the accounts though, plus significantly increases commercial income.  Can people fail to see that burning a hole in the club accounts?

I can't see him trousering it as there'd be uproar.  Possibly a partial repayment of the 'loan' but again, that goes against guarantees MA has given and isn't in his best interests anyway.  Leaving it sitting in the bank is the other option but seems rather pointless and the interest earned would be a pittance to a man used to seeing his money divide like amoebae.

Suppose if we bank £40m a year then eventually the interest payments would go a long way towards operating costs but that's the shittest idea in the world.

I doubt many people even realize that Cabaye and Debuchy have entirely funded these signings and we haven't spent anything yet again.

This is the first season where we'll see the extra £30m+ from the new TV deal in the accounts though, plus significantly increases commercial income.  Can people fail to see that burning a hole in the club accounts?

If they haven't asked where the money is going so far they probably won't now, mainly due to the fact that we've actually bought players and because the club will be doing the usual song and dance when the accounts are released.

The squad was short in numbers last year and that became a problem when injuries kicked in.  Numbers-wise we have only replaced what's gone out so we are still short especially when Pardew has chosen to exclude specific players from the squad.  The kids will only get a few minutes here or there - I can't see any of them getting enough game time to improve significantly enough to become key members of the squad.

I can't see him trousering it as there'd be uproar.  Possibly a partial repayment of the 'loan'

They're effectively the same thing. thought for all the P&L activity, we're yet to see this make a significant dent in the cash flow- maybe we'll see that for the year 13/14. So right now the club will be working out what to do the the funds, but we won't find out what actually happened for another 12-18 months.

Out:

Remy

Cabaye

Debuchy

Shola

Gosling

Marveaux

In

De Jong

Cabella

Janmaat

Riviere

Colback

Perez

I think three of the players gone are either worse than useless (Shola and Gosling actually hindered us by being here) or are rendered useless by Pardew (Marveaux).

Assuming Pardew can actually use the players brought in (:lol:) its not a stretch to see that as a improvement on squad depth, but it can easily be argued both ways.

Can the players brought in replace the goals and assists of Cabaye & Remy? That's 21 goals and at least 4 assists.

Think we'll struggle for goals again without a new striker. I'd take only 1 good striker as the last of our dealings. CM / Widemen we can get by on and finish top half with a 15 goal striker.

Bare in mind the state of the squad we started last season with  :lol: We loaned Remy in the summer and that was it.

We have a worse squad now.

We are well worth a bet on being the "shock team" to get relegated this season.

Which is why I'm pretty sure we'll bring in a striker, although I don't think we'll spend big on one. Either a loan or another calculated risk like Riviere, a bit like a spread bet.

We need another forward/striker.

This is the only thing that matters. I suspect we won't get another in but unless Cisse suddenly turns a corner, we're fucked without one.

Totting up the suspected cost/sale value of players mean nowt. If/when they release accounts that show considerable trousering we'll get rightly pissed off, but otherwise trying to work out our finances via the media seems a bit pointless tbh.

thing is, as always, with a decent manager in charge i'd not be too concerned about starting the season tomorrow myself as there's enough there to do well and reinforce in january but we all know unless pardew gets a 15 goal striker then our season will be finished on 5th january or whenever the day after the FA cup is

thing is, as always, with a decent manager in charge i'd not be too concerned about starting the season tomorrow myself as there's enough there to do well and reinforce in january but we all know unless pardew gets a 15 goal striker then our season will be finished on 5th january or whenever the day after the FA cup is

Going into the season with no striker apparently capable of getting into double figures is piss weak, whoever the manager is.

Going into the season with no striker apparently capable of getting into double figures is piss weak, whoever the manager is.

there's enough there to put a team together and get goals if we had a decent manager, that's all i'm saying

then again there has been the last 2 seasons as well and i've said so all along tbh

Guest bimpy474

Noticed when we say we need a 15 goal striker it really sounds (and he really will need to) like he needs to do a big chunk himself. A novel way to do might be attack and let the goals be shared out a bit, but that would take Pardew to go fucking crazy batshit mental.

Noticed when we say we need a 15 goal striker it really sounds (and he really will need to) like he needs to do a big chunk himself. A novel way to do might be attack and let the goals be shared out a bit, but that would take Pardew to go fucking crazy batshit mental.

that's what i'm saying, from the tiny bit i've seen of riviere in a proper setup if not scoring himself his job would be bringing cabella, sissoko, de jong and the full backs into the game and constructing goals through good play

cisse's job would be to work the channels and make runs for cabella/je jong to find

and so on and so forth

Yet people come out with "these kinds of comments are getting tiresome now" kind of comments. Erm, so we're not allowed to mention the state of the club anymore? And talk about the present based on very recent historical evidence?

Ashley has removed all instincts of protest even, it seems.

Guest bimpy474

that's what i'm saying, from the tiny bit i've seen of riviere in a proper setup if not scoring himself his job would be bringing cabella, sissoko, de jong and the full backs into the game and constructing goals through good play

cisse's job would be to work the channels and make runs for cabella/je jong to find

and so on and so forth

Aye, which will require movement and a decent bit of attacking play, tbf to Pardew we have done things like that now and again under him but unfortunately i can't see that happening under him now. His arse has fallen out big time, i just see the first poor result after the Man City game being the switch to be ultra defenisve, and off we go again with hanging on/hardly attacking crap just with different players, as is his usual want.

and so on and so forth

Aye, which will require movement and a decent bit of attacking play, tbf to Pardew we have done things like that now and again under him but unfortunately i can't see that happening under him now. His arse has fallen out big time, i just see the first poor result after the Man City game being the switch to be ultra defenisve, and off we go again with hanging on/hardly attacking crap just with different players, as is his usual want.

i'm choosing to believe he'll be fired if that plays out again like, it can't go on surely, it's the most ridiculous thing i've seen in football :lol:

Guest bimpy474

and so on and so forth

i'm choosing to believe he'll be fired if that plays out again like, it can't go on surely, it's the most ridiculous thing i've seen in football :lol:

You would hope so :lol:

Tell you what i think about the buys, even though we all know we haven't really spent a penny, Ashley won't see it like that and if we are poor and end up near the bottom, i reckon he will bin him.

and so on and so forth

When we play good football it's more by accident than design under Pardew. It would make the season quite interesting if we don't sign a top notch striker though, that will really test his skill at moulding a team. At the moment he relies heavily on defending for grim life and a saviour goal scorer.

and so on and so forth

You would hope so :lol:

Tell you what i think about the buys, even though we all know we haven't really spent a penny, Ashley won't see it like that and if we are poor and end up near the bottom, i reckon he will bin him.

in his mind he's just paid his highest ever fee for a newcastle player hasn't he?  if cabella ends up defending his FB and we're not scoring goals i just can't see how that'll be explained away if pardew is kicking off in the press about workrate and shit like he has with HBA

i have to believe things are coming to a head with pardew, to not believe it just sends me into a state of depression

Out:

Remy

Cabaye

Debuchy

Shola

Gosling

Marveaux

In

De Jong

Cabella

Janmaat

Riviere

Colback

Perez

I think three of the players gone are either worse than useless (Shola and Gosling actually hindered us by being here) or are rendered useless by Pardew (Marveaux).

Assuming Pardew can actually use the players brought in (:lol:) its not a stretch to see that as a improvement on squad depth, but it can easily be argued both ways.

Can the players brought in replace the goals and assists of Cabaye & Remy? That's 21 goals and at least 4 assists.

Think we'll struggle for goals again without a new striker. I'd take only 1 good striker as the last of our dealings. CM / Widemen we can get by on and finish top half with a 15 goal striker.

21 goals from De Jong, Cabella & Riviere is realistic.