NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The following is from today's Journal about the renewed interest in Lacazette:

Newcastle are fishing in a small pool when it comes to priority striker targets – with Lacazette joining Loic Remy as one of the forwards they are keen to talk to. United have a ‘Plan B’ but they will not lavish millions on players they have not watched extensively – and they have already turned down the chance to sign Enner Valencia, who has subsequently joined West Ham United.

That sounds like a worrying short list especially when it is obvious that the players we seem to be most interested in have no interest in joining us.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lacazette's agent was encouraging our interest in order to get a much better contract from Lyon.

Newcastle are fishing in a small pool when it comes to priority striker targets – with Lacazette joining Loic Remy as one of the forwards they are keen to talk to. United have a ‘Plan B’ but they will not lavish millions on players they have not watched extensively – and they have already turned down the chance to sign Enner Valencia, who has subsequently joined West Ham United.

That sounds like a worrying short list especially when it is obvious that the players we seem to be most interested in have no interest in joining us.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lacazette's agent was encouraging our interest in order to get a much better contract from Lyon.

Or watched for years and will clearly help the side.

I don't think either Lacazette or Remy are keen to join us, so if that's our only two striker targets then we are just running down blind alleys on purpose as usual. Clearly we are hoping Riviere and Cisse will provide the goals up front with Cabella and De Jong chipping in enough to keep us in the premier.

Remy should have been our top target at the end of last season and since then he has had two moves fall through he should still be our top target.

Who would you rather have, a forward from France who doesn't want to be here and isn't proven in the Premiership, or a forward who admits we aren't his top choice but has proven to score goals for us and in the Premiership?

Lee Ryder about 5 minutes ago.

French sources saying Alexandre Lacazette close to signing contract extension at Lyon despite new Newcastle interest.

:lol:

http://www.gifday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/6TCrU.gif

tbf i think they are trying to sign a quality forward.

We are not done yet - big questions concerning Yanga and arfa...Both needs to be replaced.

Been massively wrong and disappointed more than ones in recent years :(

Maybe pardew unfortunately prefers sissoko on RW which could be the reasons for the interest in CM Grenier :undecided:

Sissoko is definitely seen as a winger at this point. Little other options there plus he's a strong runner with a good assists record. Plus, it saves having to backtrack on the managements stance on Ben Arfa, or God forbid, sign a winger.

I think clubs will wait and see Sissoko in the Premiership for another 6-12 months. Can't see anyone coming in with a bid worthwhile.