NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair enough, but I guess it's different when you are in the position yourself, knowing of our stand-off with Lille wouldn't necessarily mean that it's our norm.

How many transfer windows have we been linked to Gomis now, btw? All of them?

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho 51s

#NUFC have been offered Zaha on loan, but won't be getting involved because Ashley will only sanction loans with view to permanent deals.

Expand

Which is the best way to go about it.

Also, does this mean we've agreed a fee for Remy already?

#NUFC have been offered Zaha on loan, but won't be getting involved because Ashley will only sanction loans with view to permanent deals.

Expand

Which is the best way to go about it.

Also, does this mean we've agreed a fee for Remy already?

Maybe but his court case and of course Remy himself could still mean we don't sign him.

Expand

Can't really argue with that, especially in the case of a player so unproven.

Expand

Can't really argue with that, especially in the case of a player so unproven.

Would be like the Rossi loan deal, Man Ure crying becase he is not getting enough games but I think he would add to our squad. He is a talent no doubt about that. Would not pay to take him or pay any of his wages anyway. Think he will end up at maybe West ham or back at Palace.

Not sure why Ashley takes this stance but I'm not devastated about it. Still, I imagine Zaha would've been a better option off the bench than Cisse, Obertan, Sammy or Jonas. Would still like to see us get a 'nippy winger'.

I actually think this January represents a massive opportunity for us to kick-on, akin to the summer of 2012 where we only signed Anita.

We've arrested the dramatic slide from last season, and reaffirmed ourselves as a comfortable top half side. At this point in time, we haven't missed out on the opportunity to exploit the Premier League's shake up - something I feared we may have done in the summer just gone. But if we don't invest in January then we probably will miss that chance.

/ A proper partner for Remy

/ A good 'nippy winger' to provide some actual competition for Sissoko at RW, and also be a 'game-changer' from the bench

/ A quality CB

Three serious signings like that would be brilliant to see, assuming we're sticking to Pardew's 4-4-2. It looks like Shola could be the right sort of striker to play in this side, but obviously he's extremely limited and not a feasible long-term option. Someone who can bring all of Shola's good bits to the table - but also be a genuine goalscoring threat - would be a terrific addition to this side. From what I've read, Gomis sounds like the right sort of striker. As for a winger, I really think we could do with one. It would give us a great option to have, whilst also providing the opportunity to shift some deadwood and/or loan one or two out; namely Sammy, who I don't rate that highly but haven't given up on. Then at CB - well, we're gonna need to replace Coloccini and the answer isn't Williamson. Mapou's got great potential and a consistent partner will strengthen us and bring him on too.

The benefits would be felt both in the immediacy as well as long-term. Strengthening like that would give us a fighting change of getting into the Champions League or, at the very least, getting us into the Europa League (fuck it, I like being in that competition). And in the long-term, you've only got to look at the likes of Mapou, Gouffran and Sissoko to see how a player can reap the benefits from half a season of integration. All three of them have been excellent this season.

Such an opportunity to kick on and establish ourselves as genuine outsiders for the top 4, especially in this turbulent and transitional PL season. Little to no confidence we'll grasp it, though. Pardew's comments about us arguably 'not needing' to sign anyone are fucking rank. If the target is 8th every year then no, I suppose we don't.

Expand

Good. I hate what teams like Sunderland have done with the likes of Rose & Welbeck over the years. Was bad enough when we did it with Rossi.

I actually think this January represents a massive opportunity for us to kick-on, akin to the summer of 2012 where we only signed Anita.

We've arrested the dramatic slide from last season, and reaffirmed ourselves as a comfortable top half side. At this point in time, we haven't missed out on the opportunity to exploit the Premier League's shake up - something I feared we may have done in the summer just gone. But if we don't invest in January then we probably will miss that chance.

/ A proper partner for Remy

/ A good 'nippy winger' to provide some actual competition for Sissoko at RW, and also be a 'game-changer' from the bench

/ A quality CB

Three serious signings like that would be brilliant to see, assuming we're sticking to Pardew's 4-4-2. It looks like Shola could be the right sort of striker to play in this side, but obviously he's extremely limited and not a feasible long-term option. Someone who can bring all of Shola's good bits to the table - but also be a genuine goalscoring threat - would be a terrific addition to this side. From what I've read, Gomis sounds like the right sort of striker. As for a winger, I really think we could do with one. It would give us a great option to have, whilst also providing the opportunity to shift some deadwood and/or loan one or two out; namely Sammy, who I don't rate that highly but haven't given up on. Then at CB - well, we're gonna need to replace Coloccini and the answer isn't Williamson. Mapou's got great potential and a consistent partner will strengthen us and bring him on too.

The benefits would be felt both in the immediacy as well as long-term. Strengthening like that would give us a fighting change of getting into the Champions League or, at the very least, getting us into the Europa League (f*** it, I like being in that competition). And in the long-term, you've only got to look at the likes of Mapou, Gouffran and Sissoko to see how a player can reap the benefits from half a season of integration. All three of them have been excellent this season.

Such an opportunity to kick on and establish ourselves as genuine outsiders for the top 4, especially in this turbulent and transitional PL season. Little to no confidence we'll grasp it, though. Pardew's comments about us arguably 'not needing' to sign anyone are f***ing rank. If the target is 8th every year then no, I suppose we don't.

I bet you spent more time writing that post than we will recruiting this January :laugh:

I think more and more of us are falling into the optimism trap, similar to two summers ago.

With good reason mind. This side plus Gomis, with Remy signed up and maybe another class addition, christ on a bike we'd be going places.

I think more and more of us are falling into the optimism trap, similar to two summers ago.

With good reason mind. This side plus Gomis, with Remy signed up and maybe another class addition, christ on a bike we'd be going places.

Yeah. Gomis maybe, Remy probably not. Any thing on top of those you're having a laugh. No matter what happens on the pitch Ashley isn't going to change.

henke we have a very good side who should be pushing for Europa league, I don't think that's an unrealistic expectation personally.

Although with that being said, I don't expect us to sign anyone in January.

henke we have a very good side who should be pushing for Europa league, I don't think that's an unrealistic expectation personally.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be optimistic. I also think it's resonable to want or maybe expect to see some commitment from our owner, but i just can't see it happening. Which is such a massive shame.