NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Despicable stuff in the chronicle. Clearly now back in the good books and hoping to stay there with this barely veiled propaganda. "We're not buying anyone, but someone's got a BT sports subscription so we are still watching the French market".

They're spouting an incredible amount of shit now. Ryder in particular.

There was a feature on the club (how Ashley lacks ambition etc.) on Swedish television a few weeks ago. They spoke about the media ban and showed footage of Ryder and Douglas, but no interviews as "the people working for the papers don't want to speak in negative terms about the club as they're scared of being banned again".

As I mentioned in the "The Squad, Fringe Players and Transfers" thread, it's not like NUFC will have much choice regarding a Summer recruitment drive. There are 7 players out of contract at the end of this season, a further 12 will be entering the last year of their contracts and a few others have made noises about wanting to leave. Not doing business in January is all well and good if you do enough business in the Summer but NUFC never do. This season we've been relying on players who probably weren't expected to be in or around the first team on a regular basis (Ayoze Perez, Paul Dummett, Sammy Ameobi, Rolando Aarons, Mehdi Abeid, Haris Vučkić, Gabriel Obertan, Adam Armstrong and Jak Alnwick). That Chronicle article assumes NUFC won't be relegated.

Here we are again then. January and out the cups. We've got players in and around the first team who are coming to the end of their contracts this Summer and more than likely won't be getting a new contract.

The contracts of Ryan Taylor, Jonas Gutierrez, Sammy Ameobi, Jak Alnwick, Remie Streete, Adam Campbell and Lubomir Satka all expire in June 2015. Will any of them get offered a new contract? Sammy is the most likely but it's far from certain.

Now as we know, where possible, Mike Ashley prefers to sell players before they enter the last year of their contracts. The contracts of Fabricio Coloccini, Davide Santon, Mike Williamson, Rob Elliot, Haris Vučkić, Gabriel Obertan, Steven Taylor, Mehdi Abeid, Shane Ferguson, Sylvain Marveaux, Kevin Mbabu and Alex Gilliead all expire in June 2016. Out of all those players I could only see the club wanting to offer Abeid a new contract (depending on how he plays for the rest of the season). Santon and S.Taylor could get new contracts but their injury records aren't good.

Contract end dates taken from: -

http://www.nufc.com/2014-15html/squad.html

There's also the players there have been stories about in the media saying they want to leave - Tiote, Sissoko and Cissé.

If we manage to stay in the Premiership it should be a busy Summer of player recruitment.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,94932.50.html

Guest antz1uk

well he'll need a half decent coach to bring him on, so i'm not holding my breath, can just imagine him thinking wtf after carver has him cleaning boots and toilets with a toothbrush. Character building son! you'll get yout chance soon

We need good young players with talent man. Ideally these types should be featuring for us off the bench under a real manager i.e. one who isn't placing our better players on said bench instead.