NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some ITK twitter bint is claiming Dost will be here by Friday. Sounds perfect for our fast attacking football.....

Love an ITK twitter bint. So sexy.

She actually is as well https://twitter.com/EDS_Amy?lang=en-gb

Well fit. Hope she is right about Williamson.

Aye, I saw that :lol:

Would endear me more to McClaren if that was true. One of his first acts to tell Mike Williamson to do one :thup:

Signing a tall striker while we still have no one who can cross and a team that have been coached not to make chances for themselves for 4 years? Sign me up.

Plenty of solid lads in our quad who can hoof it forward tho.

Signing a tall striker while we still have no one who can cross and a team that have been coached not to make chances for themselves for 4 years? Sign me up.

That's my concern as well. Nowt wrong with having a tall striker, but without some decent delivery coming in from wide, it will just end up being hoofball from the back.

Some ITK twitter bint is claiming Dost will be here by Friday. Sounds perfect for our fast attacking football.....

Love an ITK twitter bint. So sexy.

She actually is as well https://twitter.com/EDS_Amy?lang=en-gb

Well fit. Hope she is right about Williamson.

Me too, however, her latest tweet about Tevez and West Ham is just laughable. Then again she could probably stand in front of me and tell me Pardew and Carver are the best thing since sliced bread and I would give a toss, she's well fit :)

target men generally do better at bringing in the rest of the team and create chances. The amount of goals Pelle & Giroud are involved in making is very impressive.

So ambitious!

Yeah God forbid we go out and sign a young hungry player looking to improve himself. Let's sign Ashley Cole from Roma instead and pay him £120k a week.

:lol: :lol: Jesus! Yeah because that is exactly what i want us to do :lol:

target men generally do better at bringing in the rest of the team and create chances. The amount of goals Pelle & Giroud are involved in making is very impressive.

Think about the teams both of those examples play in man :lol:

Guarantee if you put either in our teams of the last 4 years they'd be considered average at best, McLaren is going to have some job turning that shit around.

Think about the teams both of those examples play in man :lol:

Guarantee if you put either in our teams of the last 4 years they'd be considered average at best, McLaren is going to have some job turning that s*** around.

Having a target man helps their style of play though. The amount of times i've seen Southampton ping a long ball to Pelle's chest, for him to control it.. lay it off to Ward-Prowse, then Ward-Prowse has runners and pace alongside him to slip through balls too. If we can have someone that can get it to Perez, Cabella & Sissoko deep into the pitch, goal side we would be a decent side. Push teams back, hold it up and bring lads into play. Having a target man helps attacks to "stick".

Dost's all round game is a lot closer to that of Shola's than it is Giroud's.

Not talking about him in particular. I just feel whenever we are linked with a tall/target man the general feeling on the forum is one of disappointment. That it would make us a worse side to watch or something. 90% of good teams need someone that can hold it up. None of our strikers can do that. Shola could do that about 1 every 12 games but now we don't even have that. We have 1 poacher. A #10 playing as a striker. And a turd. If we keep Cisse we shouldn't get another poacher.

Dost's all round game is a lot closer to that of Shola's than it is Giroud's.

Not talking about him in particular. I just feel whenever we are linked with a tall/target man the general feeling on the forum is one of disappointment. That it would make us a worse side to watch or something. 90% of good teams need someone that can hold it up. None of our strikers can do that. Shola could do that about 1 every 12 games but now we don't even have that. We have 1 poacher. A #10 playing as a striker. And a turd. If we keep Cisse we shouldn't get another poacher.

I'm more confident that with McLaren a big man up front wouldn't necessarily be a Pardew-esque nightmare but as a tactical plan it's really as English and old school as it gets.

It's of disappointment because the service we provide to our strikers is f***ing awful.

Service is more important to a poacher than a target man. Target men would actually improve our service. I see it as a contributing factor.A target man allows midfielders and supporting attackers to receive the ball facing the goal, rather than side on.

Someone coming a little deep allows others to run in behind into the space vacated. When we play all the attackers are going away from the ball towards goal. Defenders can just go back in one solid line.

Don't think it's relevant at all tbh, regardless of whether we have a poacher or a target man it's still always shit. We don't have a style of play to speak of, we can't build through the midfield and we can't play direct. We try to do both and miserably fail at both.