NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks a talent but sounds a massive twat. I thought we were all about signing the right characters this summer?

Still, McClaren doesn't have a history of being a massive twat so maybe he might be able to put an arm around the lad and sort him out.

He's very talented but he really looks and is sort of a cunt. Almost as the club is getting desperate now if true (talking about character)

Every manager we have had down the years has talked about signing players with the right character but if they are good then they cost top dollar. Then if you are lucky and the top clubs haven't already signed them, you might have a look in assuming you are serious about character. We tend to put more of a premium on profit which means buying at a low price. I doubt that's about to change with the arrival of McClaren.

Guest Gino14

We were a far better side when we allowed for talents with questionable character.  We certainly had a few during Robson's time.  Management is often about managing players like these.  It's something autocratic types like Souness and Pardew just can't deal with.  I don't know too much about McClaren's general man management, but didn't he have a few enigmas in his Boro side when they were doing well?

Matip is pretty popular amongst Schalke fans and has already stated he wants to stay at the club. I have a feeling we're being used as an angle in his contract dispute.

He's come on loads in the last year mind and is equally adept at playing in defence or midfield.

I'd say he's more of that ilk, he's faster over short distance I reckon and more powerful. Does make some bad decisions tho, so there is that. He's fun to watch like

Cheers, we need more direct widemen for sure. We don't have any but Aarons.

Graeme Bailey from goal.com says we will sign either Thauvin or Matip this week and possible both. Also we still want Austin.

If we started the summer with these three we'd be on our way to something approaching decent.

We'll sign exactly none.

Graeme Bailey from goal.com says we will sign either Thauvin or Matip this week and possible both. Also we still want Austin.

If we started the summer with these three we'd be on our way to something approaching decent.

We'll sign exactly none.

They would be three excellent signings.

However we would probably sell the rest of the squad afterwards.

If Williamson is still at the club by the time the transfer window closes then it will be a big blow.

Well, the cheap, fallback option is actually a better player than the first two options. I'm not actually sure we'd be able to sign him; I wouldn't give that much credence to the "modest fee" put there.

If that's true then fair enough, I don't know too much about him (but 15 goals isn't bad). I just saw the cost and where he plays and figured it was the 'Rivière' option. Personally I'd like some more South American players in the squad.

Well, the cheap, fallback option is actually a better player than the first two options. I'm not actually sure we'd be able to sign him; I wouldn't give that much credence to the "modest fee" put there.

Yeah, I quite like the look of him. He and Ayoze could be quite a nippy combination.

Would absolutely hate it IF Sunderland got Wijnaldum. He's the player we've been linked with that i want the most!

(Only chance they have is because of a Dick)

Dick is there for one year.

No one is going to Sunderland.