NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't normally like the idea of signing players to help develop them for other clubs, but Zouma on loan would be fantastic.

And knowing Chelsea, we can just keep loaning him until they forget about him. Could have him for years!

Zouma's a John Terry knee ligament away from being a Chelsea regular.

Don't you just feel like that guy will be there forever. Wouldn't want to be stuck waiting behind him at all.

Aye but they weren't developing bairns for another team.

What about when Atletico did it and won the league?

EDIT: Not that I don't agree with you, but there are exceptions when it can suit both parties.

If it strengthens the NUFC team in the short-term then I'm for it. I'd rather not be in a the position of having to loan players because we're too tight to actually buy them but loaning, say, Zouma for a season would benefit everyone imo.

Unbelievable! due to write him off as hopeless in 3, 2, 1 ...

Not at all. Love JP Boetius me :thup:

Woo hoo!  :frantic:

Oh man, well we have to sign him now!

What's his game like?

Well, he's certainly not a traditional winger, more of a wide midfield player who likes to dribble, cuts inside often and has an eye for goal. As has been said, he is a little lightweight but that makes him nimble, and he'a a bit raw, as in probably not quite ready for PL level. He is one in a long line of talented flair players at Feyenoord who somehow make a big impression bursting on the scene but then subsequently fail to press on the next season and end up moving for less than they're (potentially) worth; Wijnaldum being an other example. I don't think EUR 2m will get him, but closer to 3-4m probably would.

What's his game like?

Well, he's certainly not a traditional winger, more of a wide midfield player who likes to dribble, cuts inside often and has an eye for goal. As has been said, he is a little lightweight but that makes him nimble. He is one in a long line of talented players at Feyenoord who somehow make a big impression bursting on the scene but then subsequently fail to press on the next season and end up moving for less than they're (potentially) worth; Wijnaldum being an other example. I don't think EUR 2m will get him, but closer to 3-4m probably would.

Crossing any good at all?

What's his game like?

Well, he's certainly not a traditional winger, more of a wide midfield player who likes to dribble, cuts inside often and has an eye for goal. As has been said, he is a little lightweight but that makes him nimble. He is one in a long line of talented players at Feyenoord who somehow make a big impression bursting on the scene but then subsequently fail to press on the next season and end up moving for less than they're (potentially) worth; Wijnaldum being an other example. I don't think EUR 2m will get him, but closer to 3-4m probably would.

Not especially.

What's his game like?

Well, he's certainly not a traditional winger, more of a wide midfield player who likes to dribble, cuts inside often and has an eye for goal. As has been said, he is a little lightweight but that makes him nimble, and he'a a bit raw, as in probably not quite ready for PL level. He is one in a long line of talented flair players at Feyenoord who somehow make a big impression bursting on the scene but then subsequently fail to press on the next season and end up moving for less than they're (potentially) worth; Wijnaldum being an other example. I don't think EUR 2m will get him, but closer to 3-4m probably would.

I noticed this on his season stats, 2013/14 he got 11 goals and 10 assists, but last season only 4 goals and 5 assists or something. Was there any reason why, injuries or something?

What's his game like?

Not especially.

Fair enough. Guess we'll see if he's really on the list. Looks a very exciting player  :thup:

Zouma on loan would be brilliant. No chance though. That CB they had on loan at Vitesse looked promising. Might be worth signing permanently? No idea like.

Would rather a permanent signing to be honest.

Zouma on loan would be brilliant. No chance though. That CB they had on loan at Vitesse looked promising. Might be worth signing permanently? No idea like.

Me too. Matip sounds like a good fit.

We really struggle with signing top centrbacks. I would have this new lad and Zouma and see how it goes.

I do think we need to have at least 1 regular CB with PL experience. Zouma's is limited but it's something. Otherwise i'm certain the second new CB will warm the bench for much of the season while Colo or Saylor start ahead of them.