NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wishful thinking but perhaps this Byram link is a chance to get shot of Williamson. They have been linked but it is hard to imagine why they would want him.

we'll have to pay williamson anyway, so why just ask them nicely to take him as part of any deal :lol:

that's any deal for any player at any club like, please, just take him

Agreed with Lascellas on loan. Looked crap whenever I saw him at Forrest too tbf. Needs a good season somewhere

Yep, loan him out, get rid of willo and sign another proven CB and we are in Schtevie wonderland!

Agreed with Lascellas on loan. Looked crap whenever I saw him at Forrest too tbf. Needs a good season somewhere

If he's not already better than Williamson then we've wasted our money. I don't see how another season out on loan will make him any better suited to playing at the top level.

Unless it's just the papers trying to fill up space, I don't understand the continued interest in Austin. Unless Cisse is on his way out the door, it makes no sense to bring in Austin, especially when we're desperate for defensive help.

Unless it's just the papers trying to fill up space, I don't understand the continued interest in Austin. Unless Cisse is on his way out the door, it makes no sense to bring in Austin, especially when we're desperate for defensive help.

Me neither, doesn't make any sense.

Still think we need a "star" creative player, LB, CB, and backup RB.

Without players leaving, I don't ever see that happening (no should it).

Why not? Club can comfortably afford it.

I know the signings I'm on about are likely not to happen this window which is a shame bc I do think again this is a kick-on opportunity with new manager, new players, and ability to harness some positivity and optimism.

We also have enough money to sign nearly anyone we've been linked with. It's frustrating.

If he's not already better than Williamson then we've wasted our money. I don't see how another season out on loan will make him any better suited to playing at the top level.

He didn't start the majority of games for Forrest.

Think he got more game time after Pearce left. In any case, he hasn't "conquered" that division yet.

Classic "we tried " IMO.

But we shouldn't be trying should we? It wouldn't be a sensible signing.

It's not a serious bid IMO. It's a case of if we can flog Cisse and replace him with Austin with only a minimal difference in outlay, then we will go for it. Good business as it were. But as QPR are unlikely to budge far enough to meet our criteria, it will probably just die a slow death and we'll keep Cisse instead.

Think he got more game time after Pearce left. In any case, he hasn't "conquered" that division yet.

Which suggests he isn't really good enough and was probably a poor signing.

It's more than a suggestion when our very own scout admits it before he had kicked a ball for us.

21 playing under Stuart Peace though...

He's 21, not a teenager so if he's not ready to play in the premier, chances are he's just not good enough and probably never will be. I've not seen him like so I'm just going off what people are saying here. He should be pushing for a first team place considering our central defenders are not exactly premier class in the first place.