NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When was the last time we beat someone to a signing? Cabaye?

No idea.  Off the top of my head, I thought teams were in for Mbemba and Cisse? 

The money up front, might be the only good thing about our transfer policy.  May also be a bad thing though?  As we end up with players, that probably wanted to go elsewhere.  Who are pushed into coming here instead, due to the financial side of things. 

That's one explanation on how uninterested the new signings look. 

Until Ashley understands that the manager is the most important person at the club, thus worthy of the biggest investment, then we'll go down eventually - this year or next. He's blinded with making a profit from players, obtuse when it comes to understanding the game and too stubborn to change his model despite it failing miserably.

This is the year, fat c***. The squad's dead in the water - we're f***ed.

Yep

I wonder how he'd do if he all of a sudden got a run up front. I'm not saying I'd like to see it - and Gouffran has been hopeless enough at the basics to play himself out of ever having another chance - but he's another that got mismanaged by Pardew. He looked a capable enough forward for about a year.

His repositioning was crazy like, still convinced he should have been a squad player to come off the bench and poach a goal in the right circumstances. We'll never know if he was quite this shit.

I'd argue similar for Jonas to a lesser extent, he was crap for years after he'd been handy as fuck in central midfield for 10 games then was inexplicably moved to one of our "front free". I'd like to have seen him central in a 433 for a while longer, you know, how it was working out well before Pardew shat himself when we got smashed by Wigan.

His repositioning was crazy like, still convinced he should have been a squad player to come off the bench and poach a goal in the right circumstances. We'll never know if he was quite this shit. I'd argue similar for Jonas to a lesser extent, he was crap for years when he'd been handy as fuck in central mide

Jonas absolutely owned the role Pardew gave him at the back end of 11/12. Weird how you've got a player there who was actually suited to being repositioned, and it was abandoned. And we suffered endless shite performances from him back on the wing. Yet you had Gouffran and a host of other square pegs who never looked comfortable in their new roles. What a terrible manager.

I'm often blinded by Pards' other cuntery to forget just what a shite actual football manager he was as well.

Swap deal for Sofiane Boufal please (the next HBA).

just had a look on you tube.

wow

That led me to watching Ben Arfa highlights. Now I feel like shit.

It's still too painful. Boufal to nufc? doubt it.

The club are reluctant to spend in the winter window as it does not offer value for money and Ashley believes the team should be far higher up the league, given he sanctioned the signing of almost £54m worth of talent in the summer.

Hasn't learnt a single fucking thing in almost 10 years.  :lol: :lol:

The season when we were in Europe and pardew almost relegated us, he sanctioned spending then, bringing a few players to bolster the squad.  They managed to ind them at the right time price  :lol: :lol:

Am I right in thinking Sissoko, Haidara, Gouffran and whoever else that were bought that Jan were players we had earmarked for the following summer??

The season when we were in Europe and pardew almost relegated us, he sanctioned spending then, bringing a few players to bolster the squad.  They managed to ind them at the right time price  :lol: :lol:

Am I right in thinking Sissoko, Haidara, Gouffran and whoever else that were bought that Jan were players we had earmarked for the following summer??

Aye, they planned to go a full season with only signing Anita apparently :lol: So instead we had to go 18 months without a proper signing after that instead.