NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Because they wount play to eachothers strenghts most likely... they are too similar in style. If you want a pairing you need something like Bony Aguero or whatnot, 2 different breeds.

Unfortunately we don't have anything like it, closest would be Armstrong who obv. is not around :p

I'd be really pissed off after this whole Austin saga if he was then bought by Pardew. It's nailed on to happen as well isn't it?

I personally think Austin and Shelvey would be enough to keep us in the league. A finisher and a powerful box to box player should in theory be enough assuming we get no injuries.

My gut feeling is we'll sign no one of worth though.

I'd be really pissed off after this whole Austin saga if he was then bought by Pardew. It's nailed on to happen as well isn't it?

I personally think Austin and Shelvey would be enough to keep us in the league. A finisher and a powerful box to box player should in theory be enough assuming we get no injuries.

the manager is too much of a coward to say what needs saying about the urgent requirement for new players, or he's complicit in agreeing not to sign any which is just as bad

the MD proved last season he knows not a fucking thing about the game of football

ashley is absent and concentrating on SD which is worth billions leaving all control to charnley

carr is a scout and there's nothing worth saying about moncur

my prediction is very little useful transfer business if any and relegation, a normal club would ensure at least 1 player in for manyoo in order to try and make something happen, not this set of clueless bellends

I still can't believe that many think a centre back and striker followed by a winger are the most important signings.

Two new and good central midfielders will significantly improve us all over the pitch.

I'd be really p*ssed off after this whole Austin saga if he was then bought by Pardew. It's nailed on to happen as well isn't it?

the manager is too much of a coward to say what needs saying about the urgent requirement for new players, or he's complicit in agreeing not to sign any which is just as bad

the MD proved last season he knows not a f***ing thing about the game of football

ashley is absent and concentrating on SD which is worth billions leaving all control to charnley

my prediction is very little useful transfer business if any and relegation, a normal club would ensure at least 1 player in for manyoo in order to try and make something happen, not this set of clueless bellends

How do you work out he too much of a coward to ask for players ? unreal statement, unless you go to the board meetings ....

I'd be really p*ssed off after this whole Austin saga if he was then bought by Pardew. It's nailed on to happen as well isn't it?

the MD proved last season he knows not a f***ing thing about the game of football

How do you work out he too much of a coward to ask for players ? unreal statement, unless you go to the board meetings ....

we have 17 points after 20 games man, everyone who has watched us knows we're in desperate need of players all over the pitch and a manager in his situation traditionally would be putting the onus on the board by publicly stating he needs players to make changes but steve is either too scared of losing his job to do so (a la mr pardew) or he's agreed it all up front (as mr pardew might have done tbf)

what's the alternative, that he thinks everything really is fine? :lol:  not a very good one

I still can't believe that many think a centre back and striker followed by a winger are the most important signings.

Two new and good central midfielders will significantly improve us all over the pitch.

I agree. Tiote had a good day yesterday. Maybe he was afforded more time on the ball that's why he looked better than usual, but against a high pressing side he tends to panic a bit. Yesterday we controlled midfield and had way more chances and less pressure on our defence.  Left Back and Centre Half we can somewhat get away with what we have, although not ideal. We do need another striker though.

we have 17 points after 20 games man, everyone who has watched us knows we're in desperate need of players all over the pitch and a manager in his situation traditionally would be putting the onus on the board by publicly stating he needs players to make changes but steve is either too scared of losing his job to do so (a la mr pardew) or he's agreed it all up front (as mr pardew might have done tbf)

what's the alternative, that he thinks everything really is fine? :lol:  not a very good one

Just because he does not come out in the press and say things does not make him a coward. as I say unreal statement. I am sure with his job on the line he will be asking for more players.  unreal to think he not. But as everyone knows the manager at Newcastle has little if any say on transfers.

Just because he does not come out in the press and say things does not make him a coward. as I say unreal statement. I am sure with his job on the line he will be asking for more players.  unreal to think he not. But as everyone knows the manager at Newcastle has little if any say on transfers.

of course they're not the only two options known to man in this scenario, but they're the most likely knowing what we know of the people in charge and the way they operate

he's on the board ffs, he knows what's going on or we've been lied to about that as well

what gives you faith in any level of honesty at the club after all this time with ashley, 4 years of pardew and then carver? :lol:

The word coward is branded around way to often tbh.

what other word is there?  i always stand to be corrected but earlier in the season mcclaren was talking up transfers i'm sure and admitting that we needed players, indeed maybe even said the club would be active in the market

he gets asked now and he's like a rabbit in the headlights absolutely shitting himself about saying the wrong thing because he's probably been told there's no one of any worth coming in, the same way he was told he was keeping colo when he didn't want it

didn't have the balls to quit over that, won't have the balls to quit when he's let down in january

what word would you prefer?

of course they're not the only two options known to man in this scenario, but they're the most likely knowing what we know of the people in charge and the way they operate

he's on the board ffs, he knows what's going on or we've been lied to about that as well

what gives you faith in any level of honesty at the club after all this time with ashley, 4 years of pardew and then carver? :lol:

I have no faith, but my point is you called him a coward not asking for players. how do work this out . unless you are in meeting with them you have no idea what is said, like everyone on here. I am sure most managers would like to strengthen their squads each window, so I would imagine he would ask for new players.

I have no faith, but my point is you called him a coward not asking for players. how do work this out . unless you are in meeting with them you have no idea what is said, like everyone on here. I am sure most managers would like to strengthen their squads each window, so I would imagine he would ask for new players.

no i offered two options; first he's a coward because he won't come out and publicly say we need a fresh injection of players ASAP or we're going to be relegated, second he's complicit with charnley et al as part of the board in not doing anything or doing the bare minimum

he's supposed to be a football manager man, it shouldn't be his job to manage expectations for the board if that's what he's doing -  it should be his job to scream and shout to get more players in because if we don't we're getting relegated...if he comes out and says he wants 4 players in key positions then the pressure is on ashley and charnley isn't it?

so he's either afraid to say it, doesn't think it needs saying, or is complicit with the cunts in charge

take your pick

We don't need 2 new central midfielders, we desparately need a good, imposing, defensive midfielder but more than anything else we need a goal scorer. We're not creating bucket loads of chances (2 new midfielders, ones we could attract aren't going to change that) so we need someone who is more likely to convert those chances.

I'd say we need a goal scorer followed by a defensive midfielder (if we can then play 1 defensive man and not 2, that in itself will allow more attacking options) and then a new centre back.

It's been said time and time again but the money we spent pre season could and should have resolved all 3 positions.

I thought this too, but I'm worried about goals given yesterday's underlining of that massive issue.

Guest chopey

Because they wount play to eachothers strenghts most likely... they are too similar in style. If you want a pairing you need something like Bony Aguero or whatnot, 2 different breeds.

Unfortunately we don't have anything like it, closest would be Armstrong who obv. is not around :p

It worked fine for shearer/ferdinand and Carroll/amiobie

what's the alternative, that he thinks everything really is fine? [emoji38]  not a very good one

what gives you faith in any level of honesty at the club after all this time with ashley, 4 years of pardew and then carver? [emoji38]

no i offered two options; first he's a coward because he won't come out and publicly say we need a fresh injection of players ASAP or we're going to be relegated, second he's complicit with charnley et al as part of the board in not doing anything or doing the bare minimum

he's supposed to be a football manager man, it shouldn't be his job to manage expectations for the board if that's what he's doing -  it should be his job to scream and shout to get more players in because if we don't we're getting relegated...if he comes out and says he wants 4 players in key positions then the pressure is on ashley and charnley isn't it?

so he's either afraid to say it, doesn't think it needs saying, or is complicit with the cunts in charge

take your pick

Bang on. This is around the time where he must be putting pressure on Ashley. Even more so given that Ashley did that PR piece at the end of last season, McClaren should be in the press saying we must strengthen, its imperative we have a good January etc etc. Instead he's in Pardew mode, talking about "behind the scenes talks"

:thup:

I'm sure if Allardyce or Garde get asked about new signings they'll say they want to bring players in etc. as will any of the other managers down there in that predicament. Not Steve though, I wonder why.

so he's either afraid to say it, doesn't think it needs saying, or is complicit with the c***s in charge

take your pick

Just because he says not much in the press does not make him a coward or put pressure on others. too much crap is spoken in the press, we do not know what said in private how much if any money is there for new players.. Neither Ashley or Charnley seem to take much notice of what is said in the press.  Everyone should have worked that out by now..

what's the alternative, that he thinks everything really is fine? [emoji38]  not a very good one

what gives you faith in any level of honesty at the club after all this time with ashley, 4 years of pardew and then carver? [emoji38]

so he's either afraid to say it, doesn't think it needs saying, or is complicit with the c***s in charge

take your pick

Just because he says not much in the press does not make him a coward or put pressure on others. too much crap is spoken in the press, we do not know what said in private how much if any money is there for new players.. Neither Ashley or Charnley seem to take much notice of what is said in the press.  Everyone should have worked that out by now..

Pardew all over again this like.

take your pick

Pardew all over again this like.

:lol: Fuck's sake man.