NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need a pacey striker, that can stretch the defence and offer something different to Mitro.

I'm not sure Gomis fits the bill :lol: he's the complete opposite to what we need.

Hes shit, therefore the opposite of what we need. :lol:

Gomis would actually be useful at present to have on the bench to bring on when Mitrovic is tiring, NUFC have missed the boat so many times on this deal though the boat has now been taken out of service and been sold for scrap in Bangladesh.

Polls are interesting, 100% would rather stick with Thaivin than pay 14m for Townsend and 91% would not pay 30M for Berahino.  Hes not worth anywhere near that.  He's only really had one full really strong season.  If we spend 30 million on someone I want them to be proven over several seasons or some kind of rare gem of a youngster.

Would everyone pay £30m for Beharino? Bearing in mind the 'we don't care about fees' position that seems to be common.

I wouldn't, but I don't mind Mike Ashley doing it. Who cares, it's all gravy when we cash in on Perez/Wijnaldum/Sissoko/Dummett/etc.

Would everyone pay £30m for Beharino? Bearing in mind the 'we don't care about fees' position that seems to be common.

we should pay whatever it takes to get the quality we need.

its as simple as that.

Fair enough, just asking. I can't help judging transfers partly based on how much they cost.

its as simple as that.

Fair enough, just asking. I can't help judging transfers partly based on how much they cost.

It's whether you believe he'll score enough goals to keep.us in the division . If we knew for sure he was going to get you 20 a season then yeah you would, but obviously there's no way to guarantee it.

its as simple as that.

Everyone judges them on what they cost man.  For example Mbemba is decent makes a few mistakes but he'll probably be a fairly decent CB in a year or 2.  However if we had paid 45 Million for him everyone would be saying how ridiculous it was.

its as simple as that.

Everyone judges them on what they cost man.  For example Mbemba is decent makes a few mistakes but he'll probably be a fairly decent CB in a year or 2.  However if we had paid 45 Million for him everyone would be saying how ridiculous it was.

Well that's what I thought, but over the last few days it seems to be more 'just get the player'.

its as simple as that.

I don't see why anyone cares about fee's under this regime at this point  :dontknow:.

I don't mind Gomis though last few times I've seen him he seems to have been offside more than Cisse. As a second experienced option I'd take him as a back up for Mitrovic. Fits in that Jelavic/Diouf bracket as a decent bench option capable of starting a few if Mitro needs taken out of the firing line for a spell. Much better than Riviere too.

its as simple as that.

Well that's what I thought, but over the last few days it seems to be more 'just get the player'.

I think berhaino would improve us, I think he'd score goals for us and I think he'd give us another dimension. I also think, couple him with some of the other players we have, he could keep us in the division.

Whether we pay £20m or £30m for that, I couldn't really care less at this point. I'm not sure why anyone else would either.

The debate should solely be about is he good enough, not what he costs, IMO.

may be giggs, but moose from talksport reckons we want alan judge from brentford.

Brentford teammate Maxime Colin commented that Judge "feels the football and he has a really good kick."

I'm sold, sign him up.

its as simple as that.

I think berhaino would improve us, I think he'd score goals for us and I think he'd give us another dimension. I also think, couple him with some of the other players we have, he could keep us in the division.

Whether we pay £20m or £30m for that, I couldn't really care less at this point. I'm not sure why anyone else would either.

The debate should solely be about is he good enough, not what he costs, IMO.

That's a fair enough position, just the logical extension is things like Liverpool were absolutely right to buy Andy Carroll for £35m.

Not that I actually want this debate, please ignore :lol: