Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 33

Beren

There you go GD

http://i.imgur.com/SEVsMmn.png

All over the place ffs. And we're fielding too many players. Be lucky if the FA don't spot that.

Disgrace of a highlights package on MOTD. Apart from the goals only showed one other shot from us. What's the fucking point?

Agree, they showed 5 or 6 passages of play FFS.  In a fairly eventful game.  Stop showing so many replays and talking shite after the coverage.

Krul  5

Debuchey  7

Colo  7

MYM  9

Santon  7

Anita  8

Sissoko  7

Cabaye  6

Remy  7

Cisse  6

HBA  10

Gouf  8

Tiote  7

Sammy  6

Pardew  8

Thought we were set up well. Good attitude at the start of the game. Everyone knew Villa would come out strong in the 2nd half. Would have been nice if we could have matched that intensity but it was nice to see we weren't over awed and stuck to our game, limited them and then pushed for the winner. Subs were good too.

Disgrace of a highlights package on MOTD. Apart from the goals only showed one other shot from us. What's the fucking point?

Agree, they showed 5 or 6 passages of play FFS.  In a fairly eventful game.

Far too much waffle. On days where there's 5 or 6 games they can get away with it, there was 8 today and nobody's interested in examining Everton's passing.

Good to see people giving Yanga-Mbiwa credit. Thought he was amazing today. And what more can be said about Ben Arfa? Simply sensational again.

Just thought i'd pop in to say that was my first ever away game being able to sit with our fans. Unbelievable experience and a cracking day.

Our fans are brilliant like. Topped off with a class effort from the team.  :smitten:

Definite push on benny for the pen claim. As others said shocking highlights from bbc.

I said to myself when i saw the reply that if Villa go down the other end and score now i'm going to be absolutely livid.

Luckily they didn't even get close but still, absolute joke that wasn't given.

Other than Cabaye and Cisse, everyone played well.  Krul was dodgy too at times.

Really losing patience with Cisse , throughout the match when we had the ball , he never comes short for the ball.

Always going long and hanging on the shoulders of the last defender. So easy for defenders to deal with.  No wonder he gets caught off side, looking more and more one dimentional this boy.

Colo can cut out some of those Hollywood balls as well. 

I was really frightened of the thought of agbonlahor ripping debuchy a new one, but thankfully debuchy had a good game.

From Sky...

Best of the match

Man of the match: Hatem Ben Arfa. As his manager said, Ben Arfa was 'unplayable' at times.

Goal of the match: Gouffran tapped home but Ben Arfa caused all the damage in the build up.

Moment of the match: El Ahmadi was caught in possession and when Remy cut back for Ben Arfa there was only going to be one outcome.

Save of the match: Guzan tipped wide from the impressive Ben Arfa in the second half.

Sums it up for me :lol:

Great day, feeling positive about this season.

A deserved win - much better movement from the players and they seem fitter now.

HBA was star of the show, really taking their defence apart at times ; to their credit, Villa rarely resorted to fouling him but there is no doubt that some of the top teams WILL do so if he causes them similar problems, because they know they can get away with it...look at what happened at Man City with de Jong...

Debuchy much better today but he wasn't subject to too much pace and that is what undoes him..Sissoko and Remy also did well, the latter giving us some danger down the left to match HBA on the other side. Wonder about Remy's fitness over the medium term though, and we are stuffed if HBA gets injured because Cisse is doing nothing - looks like a striker whose confidence is shot to pieces and we are going to rue the fact that the club failed to get a decent forward in the summer.

Colo and MYM were good at the back apart from losing Benteke for their goal as was Santon who did not have to come forward as much because Remy was attacking that side.

A win that was encouraging in that the players looked up for it and moved far more fluently off the ball....now vital to get a win against Hull because tougher tests lie ahead.