Newcastle United 2 - 3 Hull City - 21/09/13 (FT) Post match reaction from p 33

Guest pricedoutoftoon

Guest icemanblue

Fucking hell, that was an infuriating game. If you score two goals at home, you should be winning every time. However, each time we took the lead, our concentration levels dropped across the pitch. I think our players thought this was going to be an easy afternoon. Conceded three extremely soft goals, and didn't have enough about us to put it right, despite the attacking substitutions.

I thought, when Marveaux came on, that we were going back to 433. Marv could have occupied the space in behind Remy, with Hatem and Gouffran on the wings. Might have given us a much needed foothold in midfield. By that point, Huddlestone and Livermore were bossing the game.

Too many players having an off day, too. Hatem was terrible, as was Cisse. Just have to hope that this acts as a reminder to them that we're not nearly good enough to be carrying players, in any game.

Ugh, this one will sting for a bit.

Pardew;

Complacency when we went in front and we couldn't get back into it when they equalized. Poor decision making in the 2nd half- "Hull did a good job - worker harder than Newcastle". Tried to tighten up distances between midfield/defence at half time. Lacking consistency on performances. Refusing to be drawn on Cisse's form - will keep those thoughts to himself. Remy - unlucky to not get hattrick. Remy one of the few bright spots on a poor day. Third goal knocked the stuffing out of the team.

That to me sounds like "I want to drop him but they didn't buy me a forward in the summer so I can't."

hm, classic away mugging

if i was being critical of pardew it'd be for not find a way to open up the game for HBA, the gouffran for cabaye sub was awful but otherwise fuck it, what did everyone expect, that we'd suddenly turn from being an awful, static long-ball team into world beaters?

i was encouraged he didn't throw tiote on immediately, he left anita on and we continued to try and play football albeit he lacked the tactical nouse to better bruce, which is a shame

i'd rather we lose playing like that than the losses we suffered last year tbh

not great, but let's move on and hope it hasn't broken pardew

Fucking hell, that was an infuriating game. If you score two goals at home, you should be winning every time. However, each time we took the lead, our concentration levels dropped across the pitch. I think our players thought this was going to be an easy afternoon. Conceded three extremely soft goals, and didn't have enough about us to put it right, despite the attacking substitutions.

I thought, when Marveaux came on, that we were going back to 433. Marv could have occupied the space in behind Remy, with Hatem and Gouffran on the wings. Might have given us a much needed foothold in midfield. By that point, Huddlestone and Livermore were bossing the game.

Too many players having an off day, too. Hatem was terrible, as was Cisse. Just have to hope that this acts as a reminder to them that we're not nearly good enough to be carrying players, in any game.

he wasn't good but they played him perfectly imo and we did nothing to counter it or open the game up elsewhere...it's not all on hatem tbf

Pardew's HT team-talks are a major issue and have been for a long time. Just what the **** is being said in the dressing room? I'd also suggest that there is a lack of leadership on the pitch, big time at the moment. Colo leads by example and has never been that vocal. We need someone who will kick backsides on the field, but who's going to do that? Not Colo or Cabaye!

Not going to stress and panic too much today.

There was some good things and some very poor things, but I think it was a good reality check for the team and some of our fans.

This is still the same team pretty much that finished 16th last year.

We have a fair few weak areas to our game.

When Ben Arfa is off colour it affects us alot.

I think u can put today down to too many players not being quite at it which cost us goals (Ben arfa,debuchy)

Guest icemanblue

he wasn't good but they played him perfectly imo and we did nothing to counter it or open the game up elsewhere...it's not all on hatem tbf

I didn't say it was. I also said we didn't have enough about us going forward. There's no argument here.

Pardew's HT team-talks are a major issue and have been for a long time. Just what the **** is being said in the dressing room? I'd also suggest that there is a lack of leadership on the pitch, big time at the moment. Colo leads by example and has never been that vocal. We need someone who will kick backsides on the field, but who's going to do that? Not Colo or Cabaye!

We're missing a Nolan or even Barton.

Regardless of Remy's goals, we are still overly reliant upon HBA. When he's off, we don't have much in the way of attacking rhythm.

Yeah, didn't really create any clear cut chances all afternoon. Both goals were bounces too. We still can't break teams who park the bus.

Regardless of Remy's goals, we are still overly reliant upon HBA. When he's off, we don't have much in the way of attacking rhythm.

Yeah, didn't really create any clear cut chances all afternoon. Both goals were bounces too. We still can't break teams who park the bus.

massive problem for pardew, has been all along...we're soft touches to a well drilled away team

Wasn't able to go to the first two matches, so gave my dad my season ticket for one of his mates. He came round with it the other day and grinned, "It's my anniversary on Saturday." Was going to congratulate him on how long he spent with my mum until he added "50 years to the day." And I did a quick bit of maths. Turns out today is 50 years since my Dad's first Newcastle match, a 4-2 defeat to Preston North End. So suitable bookends to a lifetime of supporting the Toon to capitulate at home to Hull Fucking City.

Wasn't able to go to the first two matches, so gave my dad my season ticket for one of his mates. He came round with it the other day and grinned, "It's my anniversary on Saturday." Was going to congratulate him on how long he spent with my mum until he added "50 years to the day." And I did a quick bit of maths. Turns out today is 50 years since my Dad's first Newcastle match, a 4-2 defeat to Preston North End. So suitable bookends to a lifetime of supporting the Toon to capitulate at home to Hull f***ing City.

At least he witnessed us win something in his life time :lol:

He was born in Jarrow, so basically had a choice of supporting us or the mackems. Chose us because that's who his mates followed and we'd had a load of recent cup success in the 50s. Dunno if he knew what he was getting into. But then, fucking hell, talkabout Hobson's Choice. 

No change from last season,no lessons learnt ,no leader on the pitch and i blame the Pardew for this totally .Powder puff still all over the pitch apart from Remy who is a class above our offensive alternatives and a loan signing .

I'd happily play MYM at RB and slot Saylor in at CB to bench Debuchy and keep Santon LB, and I'm not even happy with that tbh

I'd rather have Saylor at RB, I think thats his stronger position.

No it's not.